Internet

Topic locked
internet Aug 30, 2006
hi all,

have now been in Dubai a week, and loving it. One small problem, can someone help. I have been told that I cannot get internet at home unless I have my residence permit, is this correct? any ways round this? any help appreciated.

Many thanks

winter
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: internet Aug 30, 2006
winter wrote:hi all,

have now been in Dubai a week, and loving it. One small problem, can someone help. I have been told that I cannot get internet at home unless I have my residence permit, is this correct? any ways round this? any help appreciated.

Many thanks

That is *mostly* correct. You can't even get a home unless you have a residence permit. Of course, you can always ask the person you're renting off if they can get it installed.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 04, 2006
I live near a mall and a row of restos/coffee shops and I'm just wondering if I can catch free WiFi access from them while I'm not yet eligible to acquire DSL...
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 04, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:I live near a mall and a row of restos/coffee shops and I'm just wondering if I can catch free WiFi access from them while I'm not yet eligible to acquire DSL...

Build a Cantenna.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantenna

I built one.
^ian^

Sep 04, 2006
^ whoa.. interesting :wink:.
Thanks. :D
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 04, 2006
You can get a No Objection Letter from your landlord allowing you to have internet connection and you'll be online after a short visit to Etisalat.
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 04, 2006
girl_glen wrote:You can get a No Objection Letter from your landlord allowing you to have internet connection and you'll be online after a short visit to Etisalat.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you still need residency don't you?
^ian^

Sep 04, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
girl_glen wrote:You can get a No Objection Letter from your landlord allowing you to have internet connection and you'll be online after a short visit to Etisalat.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you still need residency don't you?

Yes you do
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum