Do You Like Martial Arts? Sports?

Topic locked
Do you like martial arts? Sports? Aug 29, 2006
I love martial art, I enjoy watching martial art movies and I started learning kick boxing. Iam going To Thailand to learn muay thai, it is my dream holiday. Anyone here enjoy martial art?

by the way iam not violent person :lol:

sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Do you like martial arts? Sports? Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:I love martial art, I enjoy watching martial art movies and I started learning kick boxing. Iam going To Thailand to learn muay thai, it is my dream holiday. Anyone here enjoy martial art?

by the way iam not violent person :lol:

I agree you sound so sweet and peacefull, wow, say one wrong word and she will kick your head off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
Thanks sage,

that will stop the pm flood now :lol:
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:Thanks sage,

Are you serious?

You have to complain to the Mod's, if you didn't solicit the contacts then you have every right to complain.

This really annoys me :evil:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
Muay Thai!! The Ultimate of all martial arts!

See this movie if you haven't.. ONGBAK In this movie DVD, they show you the five basic Muay Thai moves.. I've kinda been practicing for the heck of it :P Check out their website

http://www.ongbakdvd.com/main.php

I used to be a boxer and I wanna learn Muay Thai too.. my dweam too :P
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Are you serious?

You have to complain to the Mod's, if you didn't solicit the contacts then you have every right to complain.

it does not bother me really,i just ignore the silly ones. if someone have something to say then i do not mind but iam getting hi like million time.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Are you serious?

it does not bother me really,i just ignore the silly ones. if someone have something to say then i do not mind but iam getting hi like million time.

Well I beg to differ, if it didn't bother you then you wouldn't have mentioned it. Maybe you should report the ones that DO bother you.

Anyways, its up to you.

Have a good one.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:Muay Thai!! The Ultimate of all martial arts!

See this movie if you haven't.. ONGBAK In this movie DVD, they show you the five basic Muay Thai moves.. I've kinda been practicing for the heck of it :P Check out their website

cool, i have watched onbak the guy is amazing. have you watched warrior king? http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/w/Warrior-Ki ... 01362.html

everyone say that muay thai is the ultimate and i really like the moves. the training camp iam going to is in the same island onbak was recorded.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
thanks sage if it continue i will report it.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:thanks sage if it continue i will report it.

Good on yah Sara
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
nosoup4u wrote:Muay Thai!! The Ultimate of all martial arts!

cool, i have watched onbak the guy is amazing. have you watched warrior king? http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/w/Warrior-Ki ... 01362.html

everyone say that muay thai is the ultimate and i really like the moves. the training camp iam going to is in the same island onbak was recorded.

aargh!!! u lucky lucky devil! Send us pictures when you're squeezing through tires and jumping over cars :P

Whats the training camp cost by the way? Instead of looking for a stupid job here, i'd rather learn myself a new art, if its in my budget :)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2006
i will post my pictures once iam there. the camp post pictures of new comers too.

i thought the price was very cheap, it is about £200-£300 a month include accomdation and thailand is very cheap as well. the training is like 6hrs a days for 6 days!!!! below is the link but it is not loading today

http://www.rawaimuaythai.com
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
wow! thats not a bad price.. actually its peanuts!

yeah that site isn't coming up but I saw a few others and it looks really good.

Ok this is the christmas + news years gift to myself.. Thailand.. here I come.. (errr.. in November/December) :twisted:
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2006
The best of luck to you Soupy :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
Thanks sagey! :thumbright:
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:Thanks sagey! :thumbright:

You got it
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:wow! thats not a bad price.. actually its peanuts!

Ok this is the christmas + news years gift to myself.. Thailand.. here I come.. (errr.. in November/December) :twisted:

Iam going christmas time too, if you decide to go, may be we can meet there.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
wooooww sara nice entry man ... btw do u walk around with a board ... 'look but dont touch' or 'be careful i can kick at the right and wrong place'
torontonion
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 29, 2006
I love martial arts, i used to do Karate (shotokan style) when i was 19 years old.
Now i'm in a dojo for Aikido, i found a dojo also in Dubai to be a member after i come late September.

I have many DVD's for Aikido, i like to read about martial arts, i really like the philosophy and i always try to absorb the actual meaning of a martial art to my personal life, i'm trying to be peaceful and calm and have a clear mind. In combination with Art of War you can be very succesful in your personal life i believe, everything that book saying about tactics can be performed in business as well :!:
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
nosoup4u wrote:wow! thats not a bad price.. actually its peanuts!

Iam going christmas time too, if you decide to go, may be we can meet there.

Will do dear. Stay in touch :)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 30, 2006
Greekman wrote:I love martial arts, i used to do Karate (shotokan style) when i was 19 years old.
Now i'm in a dojo for Aikido, i found a dojo also in Dubai to be a member after i come late September.

I have many DVD's for Aikido, i like to read about martial arts, i really like the philosophy and i always try to absorb the actual meaning of a martial art to my personal life, i'm trying to be peaceful and calm and have a clear mind. In combination with Art of War you can be very succesful in your personal life i believe, everything that book saying about tactics can be performed in business as well :!:

i like your attiude towards martial art because as you said it is an art, alot of people mistake it for violent sport.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
It's a way of life i believe, i see many people they're taking classes just to go out and beat the crap out of a poor guy. I really don't like it, you better rent some wrestling dvd's and save your money as well.

Violence is hidden inside every human being, we alone decide to take it out or not....
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 30, 2006
i used to learn karate (direct contact)...and yes it is a way of life...and some people do misuse it...but having said that...the benefits that derive out of learning or following martial arts are enormous...the decipline, cotrol, respect, self worth, maturity and aware of responsibility is in fact gifts that you gain well before your time...i personally believe the benefits a teenager would derive or the maturity and self confidence instilled in that person...is life changing...wanna re visit the dojo... :cry: ...my knee is acting up though...and its so much better than going to a gym and looking like a lab rat.... :lol:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 30, 2006
Con, i agree with everything you're saying, about the knee don't worry, when i go for practice i look like an Egyptian mummy :lol:
After so many years of basket, martial arts, football, cycling, weight lifting my knees, wrists, ankles are totally messed up. So don't worry, you'll be fine believe me :D
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 30, 2006
totally agree with what was written above, it is a skill and great way to teach a child discipline, control, respect, etc.

I took Tae Kwan Do when I was a young’n it didn’t make me violent, quite the opposite it taught me how week bullies and the like really were and that they were a waste of my time. The key to getting the most out of a martial art though is finding the right school some schools/teachers only teach the physical not the mental which imho is more important.

Good luck Sarah and soup, sounds like it’ll be a blast.

Oh and I’ll look for both of you in the next bloodsport sequel, Van Damme is old now :lol: :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 30, 2006
Greekman wrote:Con, i agree with everything you're saying, about the knee don't worry, when i go for practice i look like an Egyptian mummy :lol:
After so many years of basket, martial arts, football, cycling, weight lifting my knees, wrists, ankles are totally messed up. So don't worry, you'll be fine believe me :D

true true...finding time to go after squash and being out most of the times is the difficult part...lol...but will start again soon...am really looking forward to it actually :wink:
constantine

Aug 30, 2006
Iam really happy to meet people who have similar attuide to mine. I was introduced to martial art through a work mate who I really respect, he is been learning martial art since he was a kid and he is very calm person and he always tell me that martial art thought him this. I know he is well trained and can beat anyone in the street which shouts abuse or racist remark but he always tell me there is no need to fight unless you are force to defend yourself. I am fed up of people who does not understand the art and call it violent sport. Anyway my question is for those people believe in martial art as way of life would you teach your kids the art? If so in which age

Look here what age those little cute fighters started
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
sara_uk wrote:as way of life would you teach your kids the art? If so in which age Look here what age those little cute fighters started

never too early...but probably at the age of 8 for my kids (if i end up having any)...reason being thier bodies are highly adoptabel to the environment and flexible enough to make all the moves flawlessly...and by the time they are 18 they would really be well advanced and mature enough to handle anything that comes thier way...i quit matrial arts when i was 19 after a year and a half...bcoz it was a choice between playing the guitar or training to become a real student...in short your wrists have to be flexible while playing the guitar...whereas martial arts we had to shove our hands into sandpits and make them almost non flexible and firm...thank god i play the guitar quite well...hahahahaha
constantine

Gooooooooood... Aug 30, 2006
Havent even reached the end of the beginning of my Dubai exploration. but thanks for the info. I love martial arts havent learned though. But i love it. Just for the fact that it enhances your endurance mental n physical and more imp Spiritual. Would love to do when i get some time of my own away from work.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 30, 2006
Around 7-8 years old i believe it's a good age to start a kid a martial art, it will help to develop in early stages the mind and it's very important for both (parents & kids) to have something to do other than drugs, especially when they're in the difficult ages of 13-17.
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat