Have To Be More Popular!!!

Topic locked
Have to be more popular!!! Dec 07, 2003
Want to make this forum more popular!
Any ideas how to do it?

Some advertising, maybe?
If yes.
Where, how and how much? ;)

I was thinking of ordering some T-shirts with Dubai Forums on it...
What do you think? Will it work?

You input is very welcome.. any idea will do.. :)
But keep in mind, the budget isn't big cause it's a non commercial forum...
Thanks,

Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 07, 2003
Get a sponsor. Cold call some companies and make them cough the cash for banner space. This is usual in the internet market. I dont see why you cant be getting a steady 1000 or more each month if you work on pushing this site. You've already got royal ebhosting and TenUae.com why cant you get more :)

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Piece of cake! Dec 07, 2003
hey maaaan! .... if u're seriously considering it!
i could help ....... posting adverts in supermarket boards.....bumper stickers....... word of mouth ........ ummmm spam (or not) ....... you name it !...... I THINK THIS FORUM ROXXXXXXXXX!
i've tried doing pleeeeeeeeeenty of searches for internet social activities (close) .... that was the closest i could find ......
one other grrrrrrrrrrrrreat idea!........ you could organize the 1st MAKE IT BIG (get together ..... sort of party)..... it doesn't hae to cost anything at all ..... actually it could be sort of a tour with cars crossing emirates ..... it could be like every person talks a bit about him/herself and says hey ... i got a ride and i wanna join this tour sort of thing ..... and we tour dubai for starters with big bumper stickers ..... t-shirts..... a booth in a mall..... flyers..... ........ there'r sooooooooo many ideas ...... BUT YOU NEED TO THINK OVER WHAT TASTE SHALL IT BE???????!!!!!!!!!!!! TASTLESS FORUMS .... AREN'T ANY GOOD!...... YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DIRECTION.....MUSIC...... TOURING...... COMMUNITY..... FILMS ..... WEB ..... ETC. ..... OOOOOOOOR ALL OF IT (IF YOU CAN MANAGE IT)...........one other idea ......... i see you've got this lyricist lounge ..... and its mainly ish and j takin out .... they're pretty good i gotta say ..... i tried ... but i suck anyway ....... howeveeeeeeeeer .... you can attract kids in schools with that .... sort of a web hosted rap battle .... and voting ..... ! ........
mirrorCRAX
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 08, 2003
I like the desert tour idea thats a really good one

an the rap battel thats even better we can start it up on the net then like put a concert too you know just like how they have these DJ wars an shit we can have rap battels

which obviously it aint gonna be much of a battle cause aint no one can touch my skillz

well from what ive seen in this past month is that dubai foroums is startin to kick it i mean now we got a reply to a post everyday before it was like once a week so its coming up

but anyways whateva idea you choose just let us know how we can help you out
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 08, 2003
and ohh yeah mirror dont stop kickin in it in da lounge let the public judge if u suck
i dont think u do cause i like the reply to ish

keep the flows coming nigga

aight

keep it real dogg

later
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 12, 2003

Hey Andyba,
Your Tshirt idea is good. Order a couple of hundred and hand them out at the shopping malls.
You could also print some flyers and hand them out at major shopping malls too.
Jay

Jeff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 12, 2003
Thanks all of you for supporting me.
Regarding the sponsor.
Just find one for DubaiForums and 50% is yours.

I will try to come with a design for the tshirts and will post it here.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 13, 2003
Here is the first idea. It's quite rough yet... but you feel it...
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

why is the b in the centre? Dec 13, 2003
the first impression i got was ...hmmmm a (b)
...... the colors are good ....but there's no need to put something in the centre ...... hey listen andyba i need to discuss the possibilities of this popularity thang if this is serious ..... it could be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry big ..... there are steps though to make the forum more sponsor-friendly :idea: ,,........ like for instance ....... have more registered guests .... which shall be the first question asked .... but this gets us to this chicken egg situation...where u wonder which is done first ..... so we have one of three options...... self fund it for a while till it gets filled up then market it ..... oooooooor present the ideas to the sponsors and (the targets.... which shall be reaching #### of guests)..... oooooor work at both at the same time...... the thang is .... i believe this place is more useful for people who'er either new to dubai or planning to visit .... but in the same time .... you need old veterans to give info..... so we'd start within dubai .... try to capture ppl's attention.... get some notepads with dubaionline iscribed on'em...... some pens .... distribute them in net cafe's ..... restaurants..... t-shirts maybe........all that promotional jazz..... but we need to work on the topics!!!!......... like for instance ..... 1. a section discussing products........starting from food to appliances to computers to ac's ..... eveeeeeeeerything ..... 'n people reviewing them....... 2. a dubai visitor's lounge...... 3. movies ......... 4. music
5. parties......... but remember people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are the main asset .... and they won't just come if you put on the sections 'n that's it ....... you need to give'm something attractive...... form corelations with similar sites .... like (shabab bela haweya) ......like (internet cafe's) ..... like (gaming cafe's)........ like (dubai surfing forum)......... discuss computer hardware problems ............
YOU COULD START WITH WRITING A WEEKLY ARTICLE ON THE SIDE ....LIKE FOR INSTANCE (the essential guide to surviving in Dubai!)......'n add stuff 'n pictures....... or (a traveller's diary)........ there'r sooooooooooooooo many ideas ..... but i can see ppl sleeping here!!!!!!!........ you need to wake them up!!!!!!!!
mirrorCRAX
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 13, 2003

Any idea how much the total budget would be. Lets start with the Tshirt thing, how much would that cost for say 200 Tees.
Jay
Jeff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 14, 2003
damnnn man on a serious note if that is the design of the dubai forums Tshirt i aint wearing it i mean damnn yellow like that i aint no malbari aint rocking no bright thangs like that

make it look more hip hop more gangsta thats what the youth are into now a days an lets face it most of the ppl that come to forums are youths

so you gots to try an think of what appeals to them

an about how much the Tshirts will cost i gots a couple of connections on that

give me till tomw an ill let you know how much it would cost you

an if anyone of u got contacts in the radio stations u can ask them to spread the word

or you can sponser me on helping me get my CD out an ill rap a whole song about the forums
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 14, 2003
Well ,

Since this forum looks kinda new to me ( with around couple of hundreds of users or so , and with a little discussions and threads going on and being discussed ) ... i think yeah the advertising thing will do a handful..

try some banner exchange within u.a.e sites ( i mean the sites which are based on u.a.e/ or related info's or whatever the heck might be are browsed often ) ... also .. try making affiliates with other sites , where most of the U.A.E Users visit .. ( can u think of any site where most of the u.a.e internet users hang around and spend more of their time on the site ... )

Yeah ... Trying out a hand with some radio stations will do good ...
Also yeah , this site could be sponsoring some programs / events or stuff like that ... ( but for that .. i think you need to shift the forum pages from the main page to a seperate link ... like the main page with news & contents and then a huge link somewhere on the site leading to the Forums section . ) in this way , if dubaiforums are involved in sponsoring and supporting and progs/events like that ... users visiting the site seeking for what you provide online...regarding the promotion u do online.. ( i mean for the events/progs etc.. ) they could find that on the main page....

hmmm hmmm...i cannot think of any good idea @ the moment , but let me see if i can find anyway to promote the site ... & let u guys have some bucks out of it ...

i 'll try to post in & lemme check if i can get something from somewhere...

( also ... try to add a chat room on the site ( though a few users come in @ the same time ) ... and try to make the forums a little more informative ( like regarding what posts on which threads were made .. and more detailed information ... [ see aquaxp.com , 4osx.com ] etc... )
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 15, 2003
I agree first design isn't good at all. To be frank, it sucks!
Can you help me with ideas?
I lack inspiration lately... So any cool idea will boost it up!
Also write your preferences regarding colors, style etc..
May be some links to example of cool designs?...

Regarding the price.
Anyone knows what is the cost of 500 tshirts?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 15, 2003
I have another idea!
I want to print 1000 cool, shiny business cards with Dubai Forums and my phone number... :) and spread all of them among the most beautiful girls in Dubai... ;)
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 15, 2003
Andyba wrote:I have another idea!
I want to print 1000 cool, shiny business cards with Dubai Forums and my phone number... :) and spread all of them among the most beautiful girls in Dubai... ;)

Hehehehehh .... :lol: Coool ... add my number too :P ...
Well about the design , i am pretty involved in something @ the moment and kinda busy .. gimme a couple of days , and i will try to get some cool skins for the board and may be a pretty good design & order of the site to be arrange ..

And yeah , as i told , i think you need to set the main page to look like a little professional , and leave the forum to a link , i.e the forum pages shouldnot be as the frontpage , instead put on some homepage with news,info's , banners , ads etc ... and then a link to the forum section from there...

Why dont u apply for google ads .. ( http://www.google.com/services/ )
may be you could earn something from them ( note that they are pretty good suckers in the case of making payment , so you need to keep some patience )

Regards ..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 15, 2003
**off topic **

By the way andyba , i saw ur job vacancies in your site for the content writer .... .. may i know whats the pay ??? by the way , i would like to work and i got lots of technical and practical skills into networking field & stuff like that .. so any jobs or positions for me ?????????????
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Dec 18, 2003
Sorry Ahmed that page wasn't updated for ages..
There are no open positions now...
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat