Snowhite?

Topic locked
Snowhite? Aug 26, 2006
The other day I bumped into an arab lady in the lift. She had put on so much makeup that it looked as if she had been jumping in a sack of flour all day :lol:

I wonder why so many women around here apply so much makeup?!!! What the hell were they thinking???

Sadly too much of makeup does not accentuate their looks... :?

dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
Tell me about it. Obviously many of these women never heard the phrase 'Less is more!', or that the 'natural look' is in.

Many of them look like they're auditioning for the local circus clown role.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 27, 2006
and so they think bigger is better... big buildings, big cars, big pizzas(i've seen some really large ones here), big what not :D
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
Two observations:

First, it seems that some darker skinned ladies want to give the appearance of fairer skin. Just take a look those ads for that Fair and Lovely cream - terrible! I think it is really sad that women with a fairer complexion are considered more beautiful somehow. If you look at white women - they are out suntanning all the time or using fake tan in order to look darker! Everyone always seems to want what they don't have...

Second, make-up can be used a sort of mask. By applying a lot of make-up, and dramatic make-up, a woman can hide herself underneath - because no one sees what she really looks like.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 27, 2006
thats human nature... you go after what you dont have. Once you get it you strive for something even more better.

the bottom line.... the skin is always better(fairer?) on the other side :lol:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
i like my fair skin .... :oops: i was kind of upset for a while when i noticed that i had started getting darker because i was out in the sun all the time...but that is just a personal thing for me, i dont have anything against anyone else 8)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
sorry to barge in a womens thread but i wanted to voice my opinion :)

i dunno but extremely fair people dont give a healthy look, i kinda find them pale and less energetic ( thats just me , i am not generalising).

at the same time a wheatish or bronze complexioned lady would definately catch my eye.

about the make up part, yep when i first came here and went to Burjuman ( my first mall visit in Dubai :) ) i was :shock: , i asked my cousin does everyone put on that much make up? he was like u seen nothing mate :). sometimes it seems like even if they shake their head it would create a powder screen around their heads. no offence but it definately doesnt look attractive, rather its a turn off.

P.S mez talking just bout my view and dont wanna start a war in here :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
A person can be fair and still healthy looking. Pale people can still glow, and have a pink colour in their cheeks and lips - all making a healthy appearance. I have always found it odd when people say they find those with white skin "sick" or "frail" looking.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 27, 2006
Jeevan wrote:sorry to barge in a womens thread but i wanted to voice my opinion :)

dont u understand DALE is a male name!!!!! :D

this is a thread abt sopmething feminine discussed by all genders... males...females and others :lol:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
dale wrote:
Jeevan wrote:sorry to barge in a womens thread but i wanted to voice my opinion :)

this is a thread abt sopmething feminine discussed by all genders... males...females and others :lol:

hmm sorry bout the confusion my bad :) we used to call one of the girls in our school dale :shock:

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
Well people often refer to women having a healthy glow, and some people do look better with a bit of a tan, however tans are not healthy at all, unless it's a fake one. Just think after all those years in the sun, your skin will end up like leather handbag - nice!

Too much make-up just looks awful, and I've said it before and I'll say it again, the dark lip liner, light lipstick thing just looks ugly! How anyone can find that attractive I will never know.

Heavier and more dramatic should be used for night time, definately not daytime.

I've seen so many women that would look 100% better if they took off a couple of layers of slap, it's gross.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 27, 2006
Just to add to the subject....have you noticed also the black line they put under their eyes? Its quite scary. :oops:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well people often refer to women having a healthy glow, and some people do look better with a bit of a tan, however tans are not healthy at all, unless it's a fake one. Just think after all those years in the sun, your skin will end up like leather handbag - nice!

Too much make-up just looks awful, and I've said it before and I'll say it again, the dark lip liner, light lipstick thing just looks ugly! How anyone can find that attractive I will never know.

Heavier and more dramatic should be used for night time, definately not daytime.

I've seen so many women that would look 100% better if they took off a couple of layers of slap, it's gross.

agrees, something to just highlight ur features is all it takes rather than putting on layers, i am in favor of women with minimum or no make up.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
I like the dark eyeliner that many Arab women wear. Even Cleopatra used to wear dramatic eye make-up. We have to remember that some styles of applying make-up might be cultural, so we have to be careful about dissing it completely. In come countries even the little boys and girls have dark eyeliner applied to their eyes.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 27, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
dale wrote:

hmm sorry bout the confusion my bad :) we used to call one of the girls in our school dale :shock:

jerry

so dale does not remind you of DALE CARNEGIE....gosh!

it reminds you of a girl...hmmm... can i ask what particular thing does it remindss you about that girl?
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 28, 2006
done dale

PM on its way why a girl :)

cheers ,

jerry

sorry bout that back to the topic :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
lol i like the title snow white, some women put way too much make up that you can make dough with. it is amazing why they think they need that much. my friend was telling me that in a hot day in London tube she was dying and her make up was melting whereas there were 2 ladies setting next to her with full perfect make up and snow white powder and nothing was melting, she was asking me how???!!!
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:lol i like the title snow white, some women put way too much make up that you can make dough with. it is amazing why they think they need that much. my friend was telling me that in a hot day in London tube she was dying and her make up was melting whereas there were 2 ladies setting next to her with full perfect make up and snow white powder and nothing was melting, she was asking me how???!!!

well if i would have been an emarati lady would have told ya :wink:

Again clarifying i am male. plz dont b like jeevan who thinks i am and still insists after googling that dale is a girls name.

tops it up by sending me a PM :P
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
dale wrote:
sara_uk wrote:lol i like the title snow white, some women put way too much make up that you can make dough with. it is amazing why they think they need that much. my friend was telling me that in a hot day in London tube she was dying and her make up was melting whereas there were 2 ladies setting next to her with full perfect make up and snow white powder and nothing was melting, she was asking me how???!!!

well if i would have been an emarati lady would have told ya :wink:

Again clarifying i am male. plz dont b like jeevan who thinks i am and still insists after googling that dale is a girls name.

well we have dale winton here who is celebrity and he is a male.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:

that i am in my own right 8) 8) 8)

yeeho i've got my first fan i suppose :wink:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
dale wrote:
sara_uk wrote:

i forgot to add that dale winton is gay
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
dale wrote:
sara_uk wrote:

is he your ex bf who did not make u happy :twisted:
who cares? being gay is no big deal.... not that i am gay!!
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
dale wrote:

:) i guess my second PM would have clarified what i was pointing at or do i have to explain it once more :lol: sorry if u felt that i took you as a girl, that point has been clarified.

neways have a nice day dale

sorry for going off topic again :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 29, 2006
may i remind you that u didnt use : Cheers Jerry this time....

this is really bothering me everytime u use this....

is it something u use after every two words?

Greeting : Hi how are you? cheers jerry

Appologizing : I am sorry... cheers jerry

Comforting : I feel...cheers.....err....sorry that your cat died... cheers jerry

Proposing : I.....cheers...err....love you darling... cheers jerry

were you a cheer leader before you were reincarnated? :lol:

duh.... :P
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
dale wrote:
sara_uk wrote:
dale wrote:
sara_uk wrote:

is he your ex bf who did not make u happy :twisted:
who cares? being gay is no big deal.... not that i am gay!!

First of all why is the insult, I did not insult you. I just told you that Dale is a guy name and he is a celebrity in UK you can do search on him you will find him. Secondly after you said that dale Winton is me, I told you he was gay, I did not insult you!!!!!
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
i didnt mean to insult u. am not in that gr8 mood anyway... my apologies if u felt that bad... now smile :D
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
dale wrote:may i remind you that u didnt use : Cheers Jerry this time....

this is really bothering me everytime u use this....

is it something u use after every two words?

Greeting : Hi how are you? cheers jerry

Appologizing : I am sorry... cheers jerry

Comforting : I feel...cheers.....err....sorry that your cat died... cheers jerry

Proposing : I.....cheers...err....love you darling... cheers jerry

were you a cheer leader before you were reincarnated? :lol:

duh.... :P

well thats my way of greeting people :)

if you have a problem with it just skip reading through it :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 29, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
well thats my way of greeting people :)

if you have a problem with it just skip reading through it :lol:

ok
cheers!
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 30, 2006
i like my colour skin which is nearly to yellow like the chines.. 8) ehm ehm

but belong to what the writer said .. i would like to say that there is a need sometimes for boder or the make-up to cover the spots :roll: or anything else on the face , but it is better to have a simple make-up :P .. and i like it that way :wink:
Peach_Girl
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 13, 2006
i personally like the color of my skin two..
the onli make up i put is. eyeliner. mascara n blush...n im ready for the day ..

some gurls in my univeristy...n i wont name them..hehehe..
put foundation, eyeliner,mascara,blush,lip liner, lipstick, lipgloss, eye shadow.....lol..do u want me to go on??? :P...
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat