New Airport

Topic locked
New Airport May 03, 2005
Anyone where is the new airport gonna be????

FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2005
thought it was right next to the old one or is that just an extension?
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2005
My God... Is there anything that they are not either building from scratch or upgrading in this city????
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2005
i heard some 6 months ago that it will be somewhere south-side of Jebel Ali; which will be further down towards Abu Dhabi. i m not quite sure though if its going to be close to Dubai Land... but yeah.. thats an idea!!
Yeats
Dubai Forums Member

May 03, 2005
New airport cos I am coming ! WOW! Arabs are really know for their hospitality. :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2005
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2005
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, if you mean the Jebal Ali Airport, then that will be the new cargo Terminal, or so it has been rumoured.

The new Dubai Aiport is right next to the old one, I see it every day!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

May 03, 2005
alrite guys when the airport opens we are going to see it , hear it, feel it etc. Y discuss now? U wanna get a porter job or what?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 04, 2005
Thank you, just getting an idea where I am going to stay later.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2005
yorky500 wrote:Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, if you mean the Jebal Ali Airport, then that will be the new cargo Terminal, or so it has been rumoured.

The new Dubai Aiport is right next to the old one, I see it every day!

oh i used to see it everyday too i lived in Rashideyye b4 :) however how big is that building up, its still an extension of the old one!

another terminal hub is being built up as a cargo center for perishable items; i.e. flowers and such. i read about it some time back. its on the way to sharjah way before galadari building on the right side, forgot the name of the rd...

as for the jebel ali, yeah it might be a cargo thing too, mainly to support the jebel ali zone. i cant recall however where i heard about an airport over there... maybe gulf news.. i ll bring a source next time i m on...

well u know how things are around here, there might be 3 new airports by the end of this thread :)
Yeats
Dubai Forums Member

May 04, 2005
The current Dubai International Airport is undergoing a massive expansion which should be finished by the end of 2006. The expanded airport will have the capacity to handle 60 million passengers a year.

Also, a new airport, the Jebel Ali International Airport, is being built and it will be done completely by 2020, although other phases will open earlier. The Jebel Ali airport will initially be used for cargo and low-fares airlines, but later on will accomodate other passenger airlines. It will have a capacity to handle 120 million passengers a year, and also has a residential and commercial tower complex right next to it, made up of 800 towers ranging from 50 metres to 300 metres.
Bazooka
Dubai Forums Member

May 04, 2005
Bazooka wrote:The current Dubai International Airport is undergoing a massive expansion which should be finished by the end of 2006. The expanded airport will have the capacity to handle 60 million passengers a year.

Also, a new airport, the Jebel Ali International Airport, is being built and it will be done completely by 2020, although other phases will open earlier. The Jebel Ali airport will initially be used for cargo and low-fares airlines, but later on will accomodate other passenger airlines. It will have a capacity to handle 120 million passengers a year, and also has a residential and commercial tower complex right next to it, made up of 800 towers ranging from 50 metres to 300 metres.
Bazooka,

thanks for the info. I know all, about it cos my company is the consultant engineer's on both projects! hahahahahahahaahahhaa
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

May 04, 2005
You're welcome. Hahahaha.
Bazooka
Dubai Forums Member

May 05, 2005
yorky500 wrote:
Bazooka wrote:The current Dubai International Airport is undergoing a massive expansion which should be finished by the end of 2006. The expanded airport will have the capacity to handle 60 million passengers a year.

Bazooka,

thanks for the info. I know all, about it cos my company is the consultant engineer's on both projects! hahahahahahahaahahhaa

yorky gimme moi a job. :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2005
sniper,

what ya do?

We have NO women on site, ok. It's purely a mans world in this neck of the woods! hahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat