New To Dubai, Looking For Friends

Topic locked
New to dubai, looking for friends Nov 16, 2003
Hello everyone,

I just moved to Dubai. I'm 36/male and work for an Oil company. I live alone here and I was looking for some friends here for company.

But first, can some one tell me where I can find a good book shop. Sitting at home alone and staring at a telly is no fun. I would rather read.

Also if there are some anglers here, could you tell me where I can get some decent beach casting done around dubai

Thanks
Jay

Jay

football, people, football! Nov 16, 2003
Hi everyone in Great Dubai!

My name is Ricardo.

And, yes...I am from Brasil.

We love, live and wake up every morning thinking of football.

I am a freelance journalist.

And in Dubai, there will be a fantastic and important event on football: THE FIFA UNDER 20 WORLD CUP.

And I plan to be there.

But, as things do not move always as we plan, I had a set back.

I am extremely happy to be able to go so far away from my country.

I manage to get the accreditation to work, and even got some money to buy the ticket for the airplane.

A family of Brasilians in Dubai was expecting me. But they were allocated to Qatar, and left me suddenly with no where to go.

So, I am asking if anyone in Dubai is able to help me out with accomodation( of course that having a brasilian footballl journalist is not a bad idea!).

I need really some ideas on how to stay, because if not I will not be able to come to Dubai, as my budget is brasilian, and the prices here are extremely low, compared to anywhere else in the world( take out Bolivia, India and Afeghanistan...).

So, people of Dubai, any student wanting to share a place, any journalists wanting to meet nice people from Brasil, any one for adventures ?
My mother will be happy to talk about how good, great, nice, polite, intelligent, sweet, clean, smart, honest, cute, interesting, bright, correct and organized I am.

She will tell you even that I do not snore when I sleep.

So, jokes aside, thanks to all of you, and do forgive me, but I am so excited to be the only Brasilian to be at this championship, so, only solving that accomodation problem, I might be able to be there.

All the best and if you want to write me, I am at: vampeta3@hotmail.com

I know that Dubai people love Brasilian football. This is your chance to ahvea good connection ( I am a friend to Ronaldo and Rivaldo, and also Roberto Carlos!) !

Bye,

Ricardo
Rick

Re: New to dubai, looking for friends Nov 19, 2003
Jay wrote:" But first, can some one tell me where I can find a good book shop. Sitting at home alone and staring at a telly is no fun. I would rather read. "

Hi, Jay!
In city center there si a nice book shop, close to cinemas.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Nov 20, 2003
there are two libraries that i can remember right now

one is located in sharjah on al khan road right after the expo while you are heading to al khan beach i forgot the name but if you driving by there an look on your left side youll see it.

and the second one is located in jasmine building complex on the road heading to dubai cinema its opposite the Islamic insurance company its called dubai library.

well i aint good in giving out directions an shit but if you need any mutha freaking assistance let me know aight.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 21, 2003
Hey guys,
thanks a ton.
Andyba, would that be Magrudy's you are refering to ?
Jamal, thanks bro. I will definately come back to you if I cant find the place, the dubai library.
Jay
Jay

Nov 27, 2003
yo Ricardo

Just wanna ask you do you got a sister or something if you do an you bring her along with you then you can sleep on my couch while i get it on with her

if you cool with that let me know aight

we can arrange something an you can come sleep over my place but only with your sister

waiting for you reply
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 29, 2003
Jay wrote:Andyba, would that be Magrudy's you are refering to ?

Yes, Magrudy's ;)
Have you been there?
What kind of books do you read?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 04, 2003
Hi Andyba,
Yeah I did visit the Magrudy's at City Centre. They have a fairly decent collection on books but nothing like what you get in book stores in Europe. Lots of fiction and bestsellers but limited range of non-fiction.
I was searching for some books on management, philosophy and other such frivolous stuff. Ha ha.
Are you a book reader ? :)
Jay
Jay

Dec 04, 2003
You Might even wanna check out Bookplus in Lamcy Plaza.

I even managed to find abridged versions of Marquis De Sade's Texts over there. :shock:
snyder
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Dec 07, 2003
Am I a book reader? hehe
I would like to say so but lateley I'm too busy doing other things... :\
Though I'm into management and philosofy as well. :)
Don't have to many books here...

BTW if you would like to exchange some books, you can write the titles of the books you have in this forum:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewforum.php?f=14

And I will post my books, so it will be a beginning. :)
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 13, 2003

Havent got too many books here either. Anyway, would be good in other people post books too.
Jeff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 14, 2003
well i aint that intrested in books that much

but i gots like tons of car magazines that id be willing to trade or share with anyone who gots intrest in that sort of stuff

you know bout conccept cars an souped up rides an how to go bout fixing your own ride an stuff
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 29, 2003
Hi Jay,

If you want a chat on the angling side of things, give me a call on 050 4566740 and we'll see what we can arrange.

Afraid the book options over here are a bit limited!
professionalchoice
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 04, 2004
hahahahahahahahahaha damn this punk is dying to get attention hahahahah amean who tha hell wants to waste his time oops (credits) :oops: calling a usless creature like you hahahahahha & about tha books peeps i dont read much cause am too busy picking my nose 8) , watching movies & working hahahahahhaha peace
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Re: New to dubai, looking for friends Apr 03, 2004
Jay wrote:Hello everyone,

I just moved to Dubai. I'm 36/male and work for an Oil company. I live alone here and I was looking for some friends here for company.

But first, can some one tell me where I can find a good book shop. Sitting at home alone and staring at a telly is no fun. I would rather read.

Also if there are some anglers here, could you tell me where I can get some decent beach casting done around dubai

Thanks
Jay
:D
shivanthi

Re: New to dubai, looking for friends Apr 03, 2004
Jay wrote:Hello everyone,

Thanks
Jay
hi..jay..how r ya..
u r reader...good on ya..i like to read too...i am female 34..
from sri alnka...i would like to know about u..i am in dubai..

Dec 30, 2004
hi
i am zakiya a girl of 19 years of age who lived in Ghana and i want to be your friend if you write to e i will tell you more about myself
hope to hear from you soon
your zakiya
zakious302@hotmail.com

Feb 04, 2005
hey Jay...

i guess im a year late in replying :-)

ne ways....im too lokking for friends...im m 24 dubai...all nice decent dubai ppl...m/f are welcome to email me. love makin friends!

so jay you cud also email me....as we've got common tastes(oil company, fising etc..)

bluelotus_7@yahoo.com

bye

adeel

Mar 02, 2005
see how Jay catches girls cuz of BOOKS... lolz :roll:
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2005
Thats a damn good way to meet people, but I do not thinkm that those two ladies who replied were necessarily looking for his reading talents!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 02, 2005
lemme guess...perhaps those girls are saleslady in a bookshop?! and considering jay as prospect costumer?! <no offense> lolz kiddin' aside. hehe

maybe they are juz lonesome....
:roll: same here!
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2005
damn thats a good pick up thread !!!!!! heheheheh

[size=18]I love books too!!!!!!![/size]

HEHEHEHEEHEH !!!!!
UAQ 846 AM PINOY FM sa AM
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 03, 2005
need saleslady then! :roll: lolz