How Do You Date???

Topic locked
How do you date??? Jun 27, 2006
Hello all,
Ok, how do you date? Arabs and non arabs? west and east? :shock: i mean how does this work with strict Islamic values on one hand and culture on the other hand??? :?
just new and asking a lot of questions............ :lol:
NG

gillani
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 28, 2006
umm..well i date like any normal teenager does.
i go to the movies, the beach, ice skating, to dinner.
well...jus without anyone knowing. :wink:

alot of my friends do the same thing too. they jus kinda hide for cover when they see someone they know! like a family member...yikes!!..then that will be ugly!
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jun 28, 2006
OK, if hide then why do it??? :? what is teh culture here? very strict or some what strict or is it getting a bit relaxed now a days?>?> :shock:
gillani
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 28, 2006
well i will talk about arabs

when they go for a date some of them dnt go to puplic places cuz they dnt want any1 to c them like a family friend or relatives.

the others date in their cars ,espicailly local girls ..for the same reason.

lol
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 28, 2006
^^ i hate those girls who wear hijab and act all islamic just to prove how innocent they are and use islam to hide all their sins.

and in reality are frekin wh**s and hypocraytes
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 28, 2006
xibit wrote:^^ i hate those girls who wear hijab and act all islamic just to prove how innocent they are and use islam to hide all their sins.

NO comment
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

xibit Jun 28, 2006
What the hell happened to you man? Not everyone is like that, i'm sure some people are but they are the minority. Very few people go out with the intention of being nasty, mean and hypocritical (spelling sucks). Think you should just take a step back and realise that just becuase you have been hurt before doesn't mean that everyone wants to hurt you. And to be honest, you venting in here doesn't really help anyone, us or you.
john_smith_scot
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 28, 2006
OK, Ok...guys no need to fight here. Since I am new here I am trying to make some room and parallel to find out the life style here. I am sure some girls/boys/men/women are a typical hypocrite and trying to hide the identity is of fear for families and friends and hidden things have much charm.....??? :lol:
But question remains the same. How is the culture here any more? Is it changing or remains the same...?? :?
Dating is one's strict business. I have been in the west for so long and it is a normal way of life here but it is kind of shocking to see here in the Islamic world......may be I am too conservative....... :shock:
Take care all.... :wink:
NG
gillani
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 29, 2006
xibit wrote:^^ i hate those girls who wear hijab and act all islamic just to prove how innocent they are and use islam to hide all their sins.

and in reality are frekin wh***s and hypocraytes

xbit can u plz control ur self next time and be less sterotypical......?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2006

Well someone has issues... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 29, 2006
well..people should not judge everyone about this hijab issue...its another whole thread!!
but the thing is. gurls here dont want to be seen dating!!..especially if the relatives or the parents see her..SHEs DEAD!!

well..older people here still think that an arab guy will jus knock on their door and get thier daughter for marrige...its not like that anymore..
gurls are educated and have standards on how to chose a husband.

like me for instance. my mom knows i talk to a guy. she knows who he is. she knows i see him once in a while. shes a bit disappointed saying that im still young. mayb cuz my mom comes from a different society and culture. but if my mom was an arab too..i couldnt tell anyone that i have a bf.
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jun 29, 2006
if there is chemistry, u can lure even a priest into being "sinful"
:lol: :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 29, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:well..people should not judge everyone about this hijab issue...its another whole thread!!
but the thing is. gurls here dont want to be seen dating!!..especially if the relatives or the parents see her..SHEs DEAD!!

well..older people here still think that an arab guy will jus knock on their door and get thier daughter for marrige...its not like that anymore..

like me for instance. my mom knows i talk to a guy. she knows who he is. she knows i see him once in a while. shes a bit disappointed saying that im still young. mayb cuz my mom comes from a different society and culture. but if my mom was an arab too..i couldnt tell anyone that i have a bf.

now i know u have bf im going to tell ur dad :lol: :lol: :lol:
joking ..

well i dnt know what to say about arabs girls dating , but seems arab men only can date girls even if the family knows nuthin will happend to him but when it come to girls is somthing shamfull and to be honest i will not allowed my sister to date ?
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 03, 2006
naruto wrote:
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:well..people should not judge everyone about this hijab issue...its another whole thread!!

now i know u have bf im going to tell ur dad :lol: :lol: :lol:
joking ..

well i dnt know what to say about arabs girls dating , but seems arab men only can date girls even if the family knows nuthin will happend to him but when it come to girls is somthing shamfull and to be honest i will not allowed my sister to date ?

she has already told me that u are her bf. u did not know ?
gLoBalTeCh
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 03, 2006
Liban wrote:

liban ur back?????????? :shock: wohooooo
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 03, 2006
Corcovado wrote:

The post was from June 29th sorry.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 03, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
Liban wrote:

Corc's he wrote that on the 29th of June so sadly hes not back yet ... did anyone find out his whereabouts and safety?
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 03, 2006
liban is fine...but he isnt going to be back on the forums any time soon...but yes he is very much in dubai...
constantine

Aug 03, 2006
How many times do we need to say he's fine? Leave the bloke alone.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 03, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:How many times do we need to say he's fine? Leave the bloke alone.

My bad I hadnt seen the post about it.
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 03, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:How many times do we need to say he's fine? Leave the bloke alone.

theyre just worried, nothing wrong with that
easternjewel

Re: How do you date??? Aug 03, 2006
gillani wrote:Hello all,
Ok, how do you date? Arabs and non arabs? west and east? :shock: i mean how does this work with strict Islamic values on one hand and culture on the other hand??? :?
just new and asking a lot of questions............ :lol:
NG

islamic dating :

in islamic dating , we only chat on msn or our muslim sisters make 3 or 5 hotmail id and make the distance love by writing e-mails . The only question guys ask"when are we gonna meet" and the only answer they get " next week". The next week never come in the life of guy.

girls usually save the mobile number of guys by using the name of girls :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: How do you date??? Aug 03, 2006
HP wrote:
girls usually save the mobile number of guys by using the name of girls :P

HAHA, I know so many who do that!
easternjewel

Aug 03, 2006
naruto wrote:well i will talk about arabs

when they go for a date some of them dnt go to puplic places cuz they dnt want any1 to c them like a family friend or relatives.

lol

not only Arabs but also girls from other Muslim families would have same issues to deal with.
Infact, many Non Muslims eg: Hindu's from India (not all) & Christains from Pakistan are not very open to the dating scene. Its the culture that is conservative!
easternjewel

Aug 05, 2006
naruto wrote:well i will talk about arabs

lol

Speaking of cars...how do you date in a car?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 05, 2006
dating in car...

go in a place overviewing a bay or beach ..or somewhere where you can see clearly the stars...and talk ..or take out something and eat...the rest ..it up to both of you...

in our country (philippines)...in the olden days...about 10-15 years ago..before you can ask a girl out..you need to meet her parents first and ask for permission...actually you talk to the girl while the parents are also around in the living room ...but today ..20th century..
just ask the girl out ..go to a nice dinner and a movie and that's it..when your in a relationship already..that's the time the girl will bring the guy at the house and meet the parents...
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 05, 2006
look at the date of Libans posting Corcs

:wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 05, 2006
arniegang wrote:look at the date of Libans posting Corcs

:wink:

yeee :oops: :oops: didnt notice :oops:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 24, 2006
How can I meet expat guys? is there some other chat rooms etc??
xlchick
Dubai Forums Member

expat guys Aug 24, 2006
Hi,

How do you meet nice expat guys here?
xlchick
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance