Is Looks Really Matters In Love?

Topic locked
Aug 09, 2006
isabela wrote:
FeiPo wrote:
isabela wrote:

FEIPO i think the solution here is for me to get self confidence...
but how should I start???
make up ...need to learn how to apply it...clothes...i'm quite good in dressing up i think...
actually I'm a bit chubby as well...( gosh..too much revealing myself now :oops: ) and anther problem is ..I'm an emotional eater...

Well... makeup you can learn by experience, buy some magazine to get some idea, look in the mirror and practise a few times. TIPS: natural is the best, put natural color eye shadows and lipsticks and fondation that match your skin tone.

Chubby? Does it bother you? do you think this is the reason why you are not confidence with yourself? (coz it always mine) if it does, no one can help you with that, you can only help yourself to lost weight.

Chubby? yup bothers me a lot...since childhood i have been chubby...so i experienced being called up with different names...ugly names...and have cried out myself with that...
BUt how can you loose weight here in Dubai...
you go home tired...and eat ...
now I think i need another topic...
HOw to loose 10 lbs in 2 weeks or a month? and how to keep it...

i think that u sould follow choco's advice and forget about silly diets...like she saied the key is to be balanced and yet not to deprive urself from taking a bite of what u like. and exercise is good( there r also some pretty good anticelulite body lotions)----if u got time---who knows what a babe u can meet when u go jogging or simply for a walk :wink:
good luck!

alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 10, 2006
Don't stress about your weight to much. Not being a twig or a twig with balloons can also be a blessing, as long as you're a healthy weight for your height.

Besides, curves are so much sexier than no curves. It's how women were built to carry their offspring. Boobs and bums are sexy. Ask any guy! :)
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 11, 2006
Eros wrote:U are what u think u are. Its all in the state of mind and how you feel about urself. If u feel ur beautiful , u are. There are so many 'chubby' people i know who dont let their chubbiness get in their way. Just look at Queen Latifah (the singer and actress). If u are not going to believe in urself, who will?

Queen Latifah is cool...i've watched some of her films as well...i like Oprah too..i get some inspirations from her shows...

The thing is, I also need those around me to believe in me..give me some support or something and not push me....but now, since I live on my own now...though my mother checks on me every week...i think I should start ...to do what I want ...don;t care about other people if they dont; like me...

Its just rejection is hard...your advices...help me a lot ...thanks...
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 11, 2006
alexandra wrote:
isabela wrote:
FeiPo wrote:
isabela wrote:

FEIPO i think the solution here is for me to get self confidence...
but how should I start???
make up ...need to learn how to apply it...clothes...i'm quite good in dressing up i think...
actually I'm a bit chubby as well...( gosh..too much revealing myself now :oops: ) and anther problem is ..I'm an emotional eater...

Well... makeup you can learn by experience, buy some magazine to get some idea, look in the mirror and practise a few times. TIPS: natural is the best, put natural color eye shadows and lipsticks and fondation that match your skin tone.

Chubby? Does it bother you? do you think this is the reason why you are not confidence with yourself? (coz it always mine) if it does, no one can help you with that, you can only help yourself to lost weight.

Chubby? yup bothers me a lot...since childhood i have been chubby...so i experienced being called up with different names...ugly names...and have cried out myself with that...
BUt how can you loose weight here in Dubai...
you go home tired...and eat ...
now I think i need another topic...
HOw to loose 10 lbs in 2 weeks or a month? and how to keep it...

i think that u sould follow choco's advice and forget about silly diets...like she saied the key is to be balanced and yet not to deprive urself from taking a bite of what u like. and exercise is good( there r also some pretty good anticelulite body lotions)----if u got time---who knows what a babe u can meet when u go jogging or simply for a walk :wink:
good luck!

I hope I can do it guys...Gosh life here in Dubai...its hard to discipline yourself away from those junk foods...Good thing Feipo can get away from eating junk food...
before I tried this whole week fruits or vegetables only..and 1 day rest in between..its a torture...I thing Choc is right balance diet...now I think I should diet the rest of my cousins at home...coz I'm incharge of cooking and I love to cook...yesterday I just cooked spaghetti for them and one dinner dish (adobo)....
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 11, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:Don't stress about your weight to much. Not being a twig or a twig with balloons can also be a blessing, as long as you're a healthy weight for your height.

Besides, curves are so much fun than no curves. It's how women were built to carry their offspring. Boobs and bums are fun. Ask any guy! :)

well...the only thing I'm thankful for are my boobs... :lol: :lol:
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 11, 2006
HP wrote:Girl friend must be beautiful and wife must be ugly.

Girl friend is for showing to others "look what a beautiful bi.tch i have" but we can not have same remarks about wife and I dont want my wife spend 2 hours every day infront of mirror and i have to pay her bills :roll:

Ok all of you guys have posted great comments and suggestions ..except for this guy!!! :evil:
I know his popular here in DF...he's always around...

But I just wish he will end up with the ugliest wife ever ( Uglier than Princess Fiona when she turns into an OGRE!) with the bitchiest attitude ever...

(ok God if your seeing this I don;t really mean bad thing to this guy but he's just so arrogant)
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 11, 2006
isabela wrote:
HP wrote:Girl friend must be beautiful and wife must be ugly.

Girl friend is for showing to others "look what a beautiful bi.tch i have" but we can not have same remarks about wife and I dont want my wife spend 2 hours every day infront of mirror and i have to pay her bills

Ok all of you guys have posted great comments and suggestions ..except for this guy!!!

But I just wish he will end up with the ugliest wife ever ( Uglier than Princess Fiona when she turns into an OGRE!) with the bitchiest attitude ever...

(ok God if your seeing this I don;t really mean bad thing to this guy but he's just so arrogant)

Pay no attention to HP he thinks he is funny [dellusional].
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
isabela wrote:
Ok all of you guys have posted great comments and suggestions ..except for this guy!!! :evil:

I dont mind if wife is ugly , wife is always second hand , u can use her whenever u want , it dosnt matter if she is ugly or cute as long as she server her purpose , i am glad :P

If God pay attention to the paryers then G.W.Bush had died long time back :)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 11, 2006
isabela wrote:well...the only thing I'm thankful for are my boobs... :lol: :lol:

Boob are meant to feed kids not to display in public by wearing low cut blouse. Even Husband can not use them for any good purpose :lol: . U shuld try to update your brain and it can help u to get a cute guy like me :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 11, 2006
HP wrote:
isabela wrote:well...the only thing I'm thankful for are my boobs... :lol: :lol:

Boob are meant to feed kids not to display in public by wearing low cut blouse. Even Husband can not use them for any good purpose :lol: . U shuld try to update your brain and it can help u to get a cute guy like me :P

I don;t want to use my brain to reply on such nonsense comment...
there a lot of things to think about...
and Concord I think his hallucinating...saying his cute...lets take him to the doctor please...
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 11, 2006
isabela wrote:
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:Don't stress about your weight to much. Not being a twig or a twig with balloons can also be a blessing, as long as you're a healthy weight for your height.

Besides, curves are so much fun than no curves. It's how women were built to carry their offspring. Boobs and bums are fun. Ask any guy! :)

well...the only thing I'm thankful for are my boobs... :lol: :lol:

the only thing? breasts r among the 1st things men look at.
lemme ask u smthing. u like eating? cos if u do, go on and eat. im not saying u should stuff urself all the time, but forget about starving urself. besides, men like much more those women who eat with joy and not just pretend to be eating or when checking the menu they count the calories.
and one more thing, ive seen many "ugly" women who had amazing success with men.
u show what uve got and dont give a damn. cos as long as u dont want and like urself, nobody else will.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 12, 2006
Actually that's a great comment to make. I have some great male friends that I like to go to dinner with and they actually made the comment, that it's great to see a girl who actually likes to eat when they go out with her. They can't stand girls who're picky and calorie counting. Also yes curves are much more s.e.x.y than being a stick from the armpits down.

Also as you've said support from friends is great, but sometimes friends can say things just to be nice - it's a truth. Sometimes you need honest friends who will tell you when you're looking a bit dodgy - it helps - honest.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 12, 2006
isabela wrote:Concord I think his hallucinating...saying his cute...lets take him to the doctor please...

???? Don't think I said that (you may be refering to HP)!

Then again, check out the Avatar - cute for sure!!!!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 12, 2006
Also as you've said support from friends is great, but sometimes friends can say things just to be nice - it's a truth. Sometimes you need honest friends who will tell you when you're looking a bit dodgy - it helps - honest.

Very true. I personally often ask my close friends to "criticize" me. It can help a lot but of course in my case, it's something I only do with my closest friends as I know they will be honest with me.
Nick81

Aug 12, 2006
...for me it really is the way someone carries/portrays themselves. Take for example, these 2 guys in my office. One is handsome, strong and fit, but he has such a patronising manner that just looking at him makes me want to slap him upside his head, ...nothing attractive there at all.
Now, the other guy, ...chubby, not so 'handsome', but he has such a sweet nature, so much confidence and the way he looks at me! ... its all in the 'attitude', nuff said 8)
crayon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 12, 2006
crayon wrote:...for me it really is the way someone carries/portrays themselves. Take for example, these 2 guys in my office. One is handsome, strong and fit, but he has such a patronising manner that just looking at him makes me want to slap him upside his head, ...nothing attractive there at all.

Maybe thats just $exual tension??? :wink: :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 12, 2006
Interesting topic. Whether we like it or not, looks do matter folks. I am amazed by some of the comments on here... like "boobs are the first things a man looks at!" While it is a funny comment, it is a tremendous generalization that is not fair to guys. I for one am attracted to girls that are pretty and have class; it doesn't matter much which bra size they wear. Then again, I suppose I'm more of a "face" guy rather than a "body" guy.

Don't get me wrong here... I do appreciate nice titties and a nice booty, but for me other things matter more... like symetrical facial features, inviting eyes, nice hair, full lips etc. A great personality is always a bonus!
sgt_noodles
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 12, 2006
ajb wrote:
crayon wrote:...for me it really is the way someone carries/portrays themselves. Take for example, these 2 guys in my office. One is handsome, strong and fit, but he has such a patronising manner that just looking at him makes me want to slap him upside his head, ...nothing attractive there at all.

oh thats evil! (and funny lol)
crayon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 15, 2006
Physical beauty is important for majority of men, after all, men are great consumers...
Behemot_80
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 16, 2006
crayon wrote:
ajb wrote:

haha now everytime you see him in the office you'll be thinking .... "umm no ... I definitely want to slap him! umm dont I??" :wink: :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Aug 19, 2006
ajb wrote:
crayon wrote:
ajb wrote:

haha now everytime you see him in the office you'll be thinking .... "umm no ... I definitely want to slap him! umm dont I??" :wink: :lol:

naaaaaa, i know what you are saying though ajb, but a 'smuggy bastard' facial expression is not an attrative thing ... now where did i put that paper bag :twisted:
crayon
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 19, 2006
To a certain extent yes, physical beauty is important.The girl i would be dating needs to have a thinking head on her shoulders, she should be able to carry out an intellectual conversation & be confident.

When it comes to the looks department i wouldnt mind if she has curves in the right places.:), but whats important is striking eyes :) and an enchanting smile.

Cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2006
It is a challenging world out there, including looks, and it does matter, for both sides,,, some ppl might oversee this fact and don’t really pay attention to looks.

However, when we say that looks shouldn’t matter, we should be referring to things that we cant change, like the things that God created us with, but if ppl are making fun of them selves by dressing funny, or anything of a such… then hell looks do matter…. Lol
Sparrow
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 20, 2006
This reminds me of the movie last night @ One TV - Shallow Hal :lol:
zam

Aug 22, 2006
ow looks, most now just go for looks, they wouldn't bother who u are.... you're $exy with a nice tight bod, then oh thats it they'll like you for that, not because u're nice hmmm! sux ain't it.......
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 24, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:ow looks, most now just go for looks, they wouldn't bother who u are.... you're $exy with a nice tight bod, then oh thats it they'll like you for that, not because u're nice hmmm! sux ain't it.......

exactly
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

I prefer older guys Aug 24, 2006
with no beards or glasses...plenty of exp...lol
xlchick
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 24, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:ow looks, most now just go for looks, they wouldn't bother who u are.... you're $exy with a nice tight bod, then oh thats it they'll like you for that, not because u're nice hmmm! sux ain't it.......

Depends on what the guy or the girl wants Sara... are u nice? 8)
sgt_noodles
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 24, 2006
for me look is not important the important is what the boy has inside
shanya
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2006
i have to agree , looks never mattered to me ,ever ...if he is kind and honest and smart with honest eyes he will take my breath away ... i like beautiful men but if they are shallow and silly they Automatically turn ugly to me 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance