Name And Shame - Angry/Funny Driver!

Topic locked
Name and Shame - Angry/Funny Driver! Aug 16, 2006
So I get into this fight today with a lebanese driver.

Abu dhabi registration 54508. Green honda Civic!

The guy is driving blindly full speed into a road where I have right of way. I blow the horn to get his attention and screech to a stop. The guy has the audacity to get out of his car and start verbally abusing me. Starts telling me he's from Lebanon - which doesnt make sense to me - what does that have to do with driving rashly on the roads - or does it? and then - now listen to this - he calls me a bl***y asian. I mean - honestly - how does that make sense - where does he think lebanon is? - Australia? the moment i mention the police though, he scoots off.

Just loud words - like most bullies.

arjun7ue
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Name and Shame - Angry/Funny Driver! Aug 16, 2006
arjun7ue wrote:So I get into this fight today with a lebanese driver.

Abu dhabi registration 54508. Green honda Civic!

The guy is driving blindly full speed into a road where I have right of way. I blow the horn to get his attention and screech to a stop. The guy has the audacity to get out of his car and start verbally abusing me. Starts telling me he's from Lebanon - which doesnt make sense to me - what does that have to do with driving rashly on the roads - or does it? and then - now listen to this - he calls me a bl***y asian. I mean - honestly - how does that make sense - where does he think lebanon is? - Australia? the moment i mention the police though, he scoots off.

If you haven't heard, Lebanon is/was being bombed by Israel. Therefore you are supposed to feel sorry for ALL of them.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2006
You should have just driven off and let the guy rant to himself.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Name and Shame - Angry/Funny Driver! Aug 17, 2006
arjun7ue wrote:where does he think lebanon is? - Australia?

Ever been to Lakemba in Sydney?

the moment i mention the police though, he scoots off.

The best thing to do is just drive on and ignore people that want to get out of their cars and make an issue of things. Of course, that's me telling you what you should do, not what I do.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 18, 2006
Weird things happen on the streets here... Yesterday I saw a lady and a man both driving a car, both in the driver's seat :?
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 18, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:Weird things happen on the streets here... Yesterday I saw a lady and a man both driving a car, both in the driver's seat :?

Ok - I'm trying to figure out in my head how exactly that would work!!??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 18, 2006
anyone in here seen cannonball run? where they monkey sits up front and pretends to drive, while ppl in the back r really driving the car.
could be somethin like that???? extend the steering and pedals to the back seat with 2 sets of each for 2 ppl to drive frm back.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 18, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:Weird things happen on the streets here... Yesterday I saw a lady and a man both driving a car, both in the driver's seat :?

Same here... It was hard to understand how they fit, she was sitting in his lap
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 18, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:
the_zooter wrote:

in his lap ? :?

hehehe i know what you mean, just messing around :lol:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 18, 2006
bushra21 wrote:
liverpool4ever wrote:
the_zooter wrote:

in his lap ? :?

hehehe i know what you mean, just messing around :lol:

Well yeah! I know it sounds ridiculous but I swear this is what I saw! Wish I had someone next to me to take a snap of them to prove it!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 20, 2006
lol .. there are maniacs as such. you can get some glimpse in jumeirah 2 ,3 or in al garhoud
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Aug 20, 2006

she must have been riding more than just the car then ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 21, 2006
MaaaD wrote:

she must have been riding more than just the car then ;)

lmao, yes and with all those newly added speed bumps it just that much more of a ride
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 21, 2006
I was in the outside line of SZR when a Lexus (toyota) Soarer came out of no where and sat on my tail. I indicated right to let the guy go past but instead he decided to undertake me and weave past twenty other cars litraly skimming one bumper. He was going at leats 150, anyway bout 5 minutes later drove past the same guy still weaving extetra and i was in the outside lane again once more this fella shots up my tail again and sits there. Anyway this geezer was so close I could not see the windscreen out of the back of my rental Merc ML and thats where he stayed. Don't know whether he had lost the plot or thought he was Michael Shoe Maker slipstreaming to save some fuel. Afterall fuel is geting well expensive.
Header!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

It was not any of you guys was it???
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 22, 2006
Hahahahahahahaha,

If it was a black Civic, it could have been me, but i would not be so stoopid as to undertake. :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto