DK's Charity Head Shaving Appeal

Topic locked
Aug 18, 2006
Hey Concord, did people cough up the dough for the ice machine? I certainly hope so...

kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 18, 2006
kanelli wrote:Hey Concord, did people cough up the dough for the ice machine? I certainly hope so...

Thanks for asking. I've collected 1850 (including my contribution) out of 5,220 pledged. I've been away and quite busy. X has some of the money (he has collected from others) we just haven't been able to meet. The good news is that the machine was already bought and paid for (on trust). Some people pledged from outside Dubai and they will give it to me when they are here.

There are only 2 people who pledged and "disappeared" so far! We may have to send the DFM boys to "bust some knee caps"!

Now, back to DK's charity it is up to 2,000.00 dhs, Next...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 18, 2006
Concs

Name names

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 18, 2006
AED 100 from me.
Let me know how to give/send it etc as I'm in Abu Dhabi...

Nice thought DK. Anyone wanna donate for me to look gay by shaving off my french beard? :) Been around for 7 or 8 years.

:)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 18, 2006
200 dhs from me... Liking the Children's charity idea! :lol: :lol:
LaurenX
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 18, 2006
Ok People, it's at Dhs 2,300.00

Lets keep it coming, all in a good cause
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 18, 2006
Remember, if it gets to 3,000, I have to have only half of it shaved of...and wear it around town for a week!

Praying the bidding ends shortly!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Aug 18, 2006
You better post pictures. :) Need a laugh!
How about a picture now....to see the current state that we'll be helping you end your misery with. :)

DK, any decisions on the charity the money will go to? I like K9. Rarely hear about any dontations going to them.
I miss my dogs. :(
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 18, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:You better post pictures. :) Need a laugh!
How about a picture now....to see the current state that we'll be helping you end your misery with. :)

DK, any decisions on the charity the money will go to? I like K9. Rarely hear about any dontations going to them.
I miss my dogs. :(

How much are you going to pledge for that laugh? :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 19, 2006
How much are you going to pledge for that laugh?

At 100 dhs, thats the most i've paid for a laugh.
Guess not everything in life is free after all.

Worth it tho...
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 19, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:
How much are you going to pledge for that laugh?

At 100 dhs, thats the most i've paid for a laugh.
Guess not everything in life is free after all.

Worth it tho...

Thats great Nick, lets hope that we can reach our target within this week as DK really needs the haircut (1/2)

Total Currently Standing at: Dhs. 2,300.00
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2006
Please can the head shaving be this Thursday...it is kind of a desperate situation with DKs hair.......people....cough up some more money!
lloydy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2006
Come on Forumers, where are you with your pledges, following is the status so far;

Concourd - 500.00
Sage & Onion - 144.50
Ian - 105.30
Constantine - 100.00
Fayz - 150.00
Princess Banana Hammok - 200.00
Shafique - 200.00
Cargirl - 100.00
Kanelli - 100.00
Scarlet - 100.00
Arniegang - 300.00
ineedacoolnick - 100.00
Lauren - 200.00

Total pledged to date - 2,300.00

Still waiting for the pledges from the following who have only talked;
KeithL / HP / The Zooter / Lloydy
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 20, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote: I like K9. Rarely hear about any dontations going to them.
I miss my dogs.(

If you have the space you could foster a dog from K9 Friends until a permanent home is found (they are usually overfilled) or adopt a dog 04-347-4611 (K9).

Back to the topic, only 700 dirhams left. C'mon.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 20, 2006
i salute the man who will shave half his head for charity... count me in for 100
poppy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 20, 2006
poppy wrote:i salute the man who will shave half his head for charity... count me in for 100

WTG Poppy

Count is now Dhs. 2,400.00
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 21, 2006
See now if someone was dressing in drag and walking down SZR I may be inclined to fork over some money.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 22, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:See now if someone was dressing in drag and walking down SZR I may be inclined to fork over some money.

Ok so my vote is for getting DK to stroll down the street in drag before we shave off half his hair .. come on people not far to go ...

and DK which charity?? Actually at the rate we are going perhaps it should be a detox fund - Save our Livers !!
Cargirl
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 22, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Aug 22, 2006
Cargirl wrote:
PrettyPenny wrote:See now if someone was dressing in drag and walking down SZR I may be inclined to fork over some money.

Ok so my vote is for getting DK to stroll down the street in drag before we shave off half his hair .. come on people not far to go ...

and DK which charity?? Actually at the rate we are going perhaps it should be a detox fund - Save our Livers !!

cards after brunch...wont be no livers left to salvage :P
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 22, 2006
OK, this is going a bit far! I only suggested getting my hair cut...where did the dressing up in womens clothing and wandering down the Sheikh Zayed Road thing come in?

With the way they drive here...I suppose you could classify it as 'drag racing' of a sort!

I ain't doing it! No matter how much you pledge! I look terrible in a frock and I definitely don't have the legs for it!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Aug 22, 2006
Spoil Sport!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 23, 2006
Dont know what happened to this head cutting thread..I meant hair cutting thread.

Payday is near... :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 23, 2006
Right the bidding is now officially closed!!!!!

I think a grand total of Dhs.2400 for the sight of my flowing blonde locks hitting the floor is as good a price to pay! Have decided that a Childrens Charity will be the beneficiary and have made contact through a friend with an institution that helps kids with Thallasaemia and other blood disorders.

The official cutting ceremony will be tomorrow night (Thursday 24th August) and Concord has the honour (if he can make it) of being the official 'cutter' as he made by far the highest bid.

As for choice of venues, I am at a slight loss as I would like a place that is easy for everyone to get to and also might allow a little 'silliness' to go on. Possibilites so far are: The rooftop at the Radisson Media City. The verandah of the Dhow and Anchor pub at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I would obviously have to call these and try to get some sort of confirmation that they will allow a small invasion...with hair clippers!

Confirmation as soon as I get it!

All those who pledged: I will be collecting funds so bring your wallets...and credit cards and Zimbabwean $ are not accepted!

:roll:
"Where's me hair?"

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Aug 24, 2006
I'm in abu dhabi...
If i can give the money to anyone going there, please let me know.

Thanks.
Good luck DK! Break a leg. :)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 24, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Right the bidding is now officially closed!!!!!

I think a grand total of Dhs.2400 for the sight of my flowing blonde locks hitting the floor is as good a price to pay! Have decided that a Childrens Charity will be the beneficiary and have made contact through a friend with an institution that helps kids with Thallasaemia and other blood disorders.

The official cutting ceremony will be tomorrow night (Thursday 24th August) and Concord has the honour (if he can make it) of being the official 'cutter' as he made by far the highest bid.

As for choice of venues, I am at a slight loss as I would like a place that is easy for everyone to get to and also might allow a little 'silliness' to go on. Possibilites so far are: The rooftop at the Radisson Media City. The verandah of the Dhow and Anchor pub at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I would obviously have to call these and try to get some sort of confirmation that they will allow a small invasion...with hair clippers!

Confirmation as soon as I get it!

All those who pledged: I will be collecting funds so bring your wallets...and credit cards and Zimbabwean $ are not accepted!

:roll:
"Where's me hair?"

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Sorry DK, cant make the cutting ceremony due to prior engagement, let me know by PM where we could meet so I can hand over my pledge.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 24, 2006
I'm "Honored" but I think we can do better for the charity. So here it is: I will relinquish the honor of being the "cutter" to the highest bidder [bidding open until 3 hours before the time for the event tonight - to be announced by DK].

Reserve is 50 dirhams and bidding is in increments of 25 dirhams. So who wants the honor? Let the bidding begin!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 24, 2006
Concord wrote:I'm "Honored" but I think we can do better for the charity. So here it is: I will relinquish the honor of being the "cutter" to the highest bidder [bidding open until 3 hours before the time for the event tonight - to be announced by DK].

Reserve is 50 dirhams and bidding is in increments of 25 dirhams. So who wants the honor? Let the bidding begin!

50 for Lloydy to do it!!
Cargirl
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 24, 2006
yippee!!!!! can I shave something in the back so he doesn't know? Hahaha
lloydy
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2006
hey DK i dint make my contribution sorry for being late

please add my 100 dhs to the contribution :)

i dont want to be the cutter:) i am tired of shaving my own head everyweek twice lol :)

jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat