Recruitment Agency - Indigo

Topic locked
Recruitment Agency - Indigo Aug 13, 2006
Indigo is supposed to be a superior recruitment agency for IT people but it simply sucks at customer service and service towards their candidates.

Well my experience and another one of my friend's has been pretty shitty with them.

I submitted myself for 3 jobs. Got called in, was submitted for a job, then no updates. I had to keep calling them for an update and eventually was told that they filled it internally, yet that same job is still posted on their site. A lie? A Fib?No news about the other 2 jobs, when I call they're always out, they don't call back.. no emails..

I realize that recruiters are busy but you're telling me that if the job that you were submitted for is internally filled they can't email you and tell you, "we're sorry that job is not available anymore but we'll let u know if something comes up"?

I'd say if any of you IT guys needs a job, go to kershaw leonard, or email me your CV and i'll forward it to some of my friends.

- Nosoup4u

nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 11, 2006
do all these recruitment agencys ask for a fee or are some free please?
trev1865
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 11, 2006
trev1865 wrote:do all these recruitment agencys ask for a fee or are some free please?

They are all free, anyone who asks for a fee is a fraud.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
I can tell you that the peeps at Indigo have waaaaaay more business than they can handle and thats probably why you are getting that "shitty" treatement. Also recently the holding company was aquired so they might be dealing with internal restructuring too. Still not an excuse for bad customer service.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
MaaaD wrote:They are all free, anyone who asks for a fee is a fraud.

Recruiters should not be taking fees from candidates. They should be getting paid by the company seeking their recruitment services.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
MaaaD wrote:I can tell you that the peeps at Indigo have waaaaaay more business than they can handle and thats probably why you are getting that "shitty" treatement. Also recently the holding company was aquired so they might be dealing with internal restructuring too. Still not an excuse for bad customer service.

Okay agreed that they are getting way too much business than they can handle. But there are ways around that. But Bad customer service is the end of a company. Especially one in the Service industry.
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 14, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:
MaaaD wrote:I can tell you that the peeps at Indigo have waaaaaay more business than they can handle and thats probably why you are getting that "shitty" treatement. Also recently the holding company was aquired so they might be dealing with internal restructuring too. Still not an excuse for bad customer service.

Okay agreed that they are getting way too much business than they can handle. But there are ways around that. But Bad customer service is the end of a company. Especially one in the Service industry.

hehe nosoup4u there "customer" is not you the job seeker. Its the employer and trust me those get all the customer service they want. at some point they had a whole team just dedicated to hiring for the du/nokia project.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
nosoup4u wrote:

hehe nosoup4u there "customer" is not you the job seeker. Its the employer and trust me those get all the customer service they want. at some point they had a whole team just dedicated to hiring for the du/nokia project.

Wrong bro.. the 'customer' is the candidate and the client looking to hire. In a recruitment firm, you provide service to both sides. if i'm the agency, I call you to come in, I tell you, you're gonna be submitted for 3 jobs, 2 weeks, no emails, no calls and when you call them they say, the position was filled internally, or they forgot, or other excuses.. would you wanna use that agency to find u a job?

I wouldn't. Guess how I got my job. The Client that indigo sent me to for the interview and told me that the job was filled internally, I called that company up and they said they did no such thing and they hired me. :)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 16, 2006
Congrats NoSoup4u !!! :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list