Infiniti M

Topic locked
Infiniti M Aug 09, 2006
hello all,new member here. will be moving to abu dhabi soon and am interested in purchasing a new car.
looking at the infiniti M35 RWD. the infiniti UAE site says M coming soon. anyone know how soon it will arrive there?
wat are my other options in that price range (50,000 USD MAX MAX)?
i kno the lexus GS300 might fit under that bill, ML350?? wat bout teh 3.0 X5? also is it possible to get these cars on lease like in N.America for 2-3yrs from the dealer (not a rental car company)

cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 09, 2006
Not too sure how you feel on the G35, but my eyes are on a Cayman S :twisted:
blangs
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Infiniti M Aug 09, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:hello all,new member here. will be moving to abu dhabi soon and am interested in purchasing a new car.
looking at the infiniti M35 RWD. the infiniti UAE site says M coming soon. anyone know how soon it will arrive there?
wat are my other options in that price range (50,000 USD MAX MAX)?
i kno the lexus GS300 might fit under that bill, ML350?? wat bout teh 3.0 X5? also is it possible to get these cars on lease like in N.America for 2-3yrs from the dealer (not a rental car company)

The 2007 models should be rolling out the doors around November.

Considering you seem to have a vairety of cars on your mind kinda makes it difficult (I can't be arsed) to list out what cars you can buy for less than $50k that fits your "criterias".

Yes, you can do lease/lease to buy/novated lease/hire-purchase direct with most dealers.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
blangs wrote:Not too sure how you feel on the G35, but my eyes are on a Cayman S :twisted:

Great advice, not! Considering the Cayman S is (well) beyond the $50k mark.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
Last I heard, the M will come in October.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 09, 2006
thanks guys for the quick replies.
well i have kind of narrowed it down to the 2 cars (infiniti m35 RWD, lexus gs300 rwd) and 2 SUV's (ML350, BMW X5 3.0 ) out of all of these a fully loaded M35 is the cheapest atleast here in N.America. the rest all hover around $50-55k fully loaded.
hope the 2007 model of the infiniti M arrives in october.

how easy/hard is it to get diffenent options from the dealer there? like say i want a particular color, with GPS and some other options. also is there a long wait after making the booking to get the car?

thanks again for all your inputs.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2006
can anyone provide some inputs on the Infiniti FX35? i doubt that i will go dune bashing, so dont range rover/hummer type of capabilities.

how is the ride and how much does a loaded M35 cost in dubai?

more comments on the M35, BMW X5 3.0 are also still welcome. thanks
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:can anyone provide some inputs on the Infiniti FX35? i doubt that i will go dune bashing, so dont range rover/hummer type of capabilities.

how is the ride and how much does a loaded M35 cost in dubai?

more comments on the M35, BMW X5 3.0 are also still welcome. thanks

Haven't drive the FX, but from what I have gathered, it drives like a performance car on the road, like the X5, and cheaper to boot. The X5 is going to be replaced for 2007, if you didn't know, so you could expect deals on the old ones. M isn't out here yet, maan!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 14, 2006
yes i kno the M isnt out there yet. if its not out by end of sept i will have to look at the other options i have on my list.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 15, 2006
gtmash wrote:Haven't drive the FX, but from what I have gathered, it drives like a performance car on the road, like the X5, and cheaper to boot.

You can't compare the FX35/45 against an X5 - no comparison. FX35/45 are just the "luxury" versions of the murano. No extra grunt, and IMO the ride was harsher than a normal Murano - could be the bigger wheels with lower profile tyres. That said, the noise (lack there of) on cruise at 120-140 was awesome and rivals even the Lexus RX330.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
gtmash wrote:Haven't drive the FX, but from what I have gathered, it drives like a performance car on the road, like the X5, and cheaper to boot.

You can't compare the FX35/45 against an X5 - no comparison. FX35/45 are just the "luxury" versions of the murano. No extra grunt, and IMO the ride was "sportier" (harsher) than a normal Murano - could be the bigger wheels with lower profile tyres. That said, the noise (lack there of) on cruise at 120-140 was awesome and rivals even the Lexus RX330.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
You can't compare the FX35/45 against an X5 - no comparison. FX35/45 are just the "luxury" versions of the murano. No extra grunt, and IMO the ride was harsher than a normal Murano - could be the bigger wheels with lower profile tyres. That said, the noise (lack there of) on cruise at 120-140 was awesome and rivals even the Lexus RX330.

sorry to disagree with you xrw, but the murano and fx35/45 are based on different platforms. so cant really compare them. murano is FWD and the FX RWD/AWD.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 16, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:sorry to disagree with you xrw, but the murano and fx35/45 are based on different platforms. so cant really compare them. murano is FWD and the FX RWD/AWD.

Tisk tisk, same manufacturer, same platform, different drive lines.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:

sorry to disagree with you xrw, but the murano and fx35/45 are based on different platforms. so cant really compare them. murano is FWD and the FX RWD/AWD.

Slipped my mind, but from what I recall, you are right. The Murano is based on the Altima platform, but with AWD tacked on mind you, and the FX is based on the 350Z/G35 platform, with AWD.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2006
any idea why the GS300 is only 229bhp in UAE http://www.lexusuae.com/

the same car is 245bhp in N.America

usually cars have slightly more bhp in UAE cause of the less strict norms of pollution control (as the case in the G35 UAE vs G35 US. )

also is the GS350 going to be launched in UAE anytime soon?
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 17, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:any idea why the GS300 is only 229bhp in UAE http://www.lexusuae.com/

the same car is 245bhp in N.America

usually cars have slightly more bhp in UAE cause of the less strict norms of pollution control (as the case in the G35 UAE vs G35 US. )

also is the GS350 going to be launched in UAE anytime soon?

It is possible that Lexus is still dumping the old GS300 engines into the GCC-spec models. Or the 15-year-old kid who updates the Lexus UAE website just made a typo.

Usually cars are ADVERTISED to have more hp in the UAE because the marketing folks here like to use gross hp figures, which are totally outdated and ignored in countries where the government regulates these things. The Americans use SAE net hp numbers. Over here, some use gross and some use net, depending on what random numbers the marketing people get their hands on.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 18, 2006
that was some really usefull info gtmash. i dont think its a typo cause same is printed in 2 places and also lower bhp for the gs430 too. so it cud be an older engine (but im sure the older gs300 had only 220bhp) very strange.
guess once i get there i'l goto the dealership to chk it out.

any idea when the lexus gs 350 is coming out ? its supposed to have about 300bhp.
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 18, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:that was some really usefull info gtmash. i dont think its a typo cause same is printed in 2 places and also lower bhp for the gs430 too. so it cud be an older engine (but im sure the older gs300 had only 220bhp) very strange.
guess once i get there i'l goto the dealership to chk it out.

any idea when the lexus gs 350 is coming out ? its supposed to have about 300bhp.

No idea. Everyone is wondering why Toyota-Lexus didn't just put the new 3.5L V6 in the new GS in the first place.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto