Clubs

Topic locked
Clubs Aug 08, 2006
What are some good clubs to go to here in Dubai. The type of music they have and what not. Also, what are the door prices and the age requirments here for clubbing and drinking?

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 08, 2006
Havent really been into my type of clubs... I think I always end up in a comedy bar :lol:

If anybody knows reggae club in Dubai....please post it here. 8)
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 08, 2006
Watch the DFM Boys Night out thread, you're sure to see some interesting club names pop up.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 08, 2006
how about the age requirments?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 08, 2006
21 and above in most clubs...but i am guessing people do sneak in with fake IDs...and now a days very difficult to tell if you are 18 or 25...kids are SUPERSIZE me now a days...then again some 30 year olds i know get carded...go figure...
good night clubs in dubai

TRILOGY(good decor, door policy mixed couples,good atmosphere, good acts, but as with everything in dubai a bit of a poser place)
APPARTMENT - lounge and club(never been yet but heard its quite good)
ZINC (looks like a local coffee shop, band is too loud, drinks are ok if yer buying a bottle set you back about 500, door policy bit more tighter than trilogy, but the air crew nights more than make up for all of the above)
IBO - door policy ok, but be prepared to wait behind a big Q on special nights, best music so far, bit more old school and run down than trilogy, but makes up for being less pretentious and snooty
been to BOUDOIR , liked the decor, liked the crowd, Door policy same as everywhere else...no honey no entry...
The PEPPERMINT Club - puts on great acts...but never been there...heard massively overcrowded...and i am TOO old for fighting to get drinks and all...
JAMBASE- great jazz live music place...great for dinner and romantic dates...and for MILF hunting...
then there are the pubs...like scarlets / rockbottoms/waxys/aussie legends/cyclone/...blah blah...can't be bothered to list them...all of them are the same...except when it comes to friday brunches...

hope that helps..now work on getting that fake ID... :wink:
constantine

Aug 08, 2006
thanks...its that obvious that im not 21 huh...well yeah i guess someone who is 21 wouldnt ask the age requirments. fake id shouldnt be too hard. i look 25 and photo shop and i are best friends.

thanks for the help though
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 08, 2006
bushra21 wrote:thanks...its that obvious that im not 21 huh...well yeah i guess someone who is 21 wouldnt ask the age requirments. fake id shouldnt be too hard. i look 25 and photo shop and i are best friends.

thanks for the help though

No problemo...as long as you dont drink and drive young man... :wink:
constantine

Aug 08, 2006
its young lady actually :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 08, 2006
bushra21 wrote:its young lady actually :oops:

then the Nightclubs will welcome ya with open arms...but yes the drinking driving advice still remains...take a taxi...(i am beginning to sound like me grandpa)
constantine

Aug 08, 2006
Yeah don't worry if you're female.

Universal International ISO standard.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Yeah don't worry if you're female.

Universal International ISO standard.

True
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 08, 2006
lol i hope, i miss clubbing and drinking and just letting loose...aaaaaaaa i need it. but first i need to buy some clubbing attire, shouldnt be too hard since most of the clothes in the mall meet those requirments. gosh, now i just need my laptop to make my id. blah....i cant wait to go tequilla running through my body....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 09, 2006
constantine wrote:APPARTMENT - lounge and club(never been yet but heard its quite good)
ZINC (looks like a local coffee shop, band is too loud, drinks are ok if yer buying a bottle set you back about 500, door policy bit more tighter than trilogy, but the air crew nights more than make up for all of the above)
The PEPPERMINT Club - puts on great acts...but never been there...heard massively overcrowded...and i am TOO old for fighting to get drinks and all...

Apartments - Fridays = killa hip hop and R&B.
Zinc - RIP
Peppermint - Agree with the good acts but not massively overcrowded at all.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 12, 2006
constantine wrote:21 and above in most clubs...but i am guessing people do sneak in with fake IDs...and now a days very difficult to tell if you are 18 or 25...kids are SUPERSIZE me now a days...then again some 30 year olds i know get carded...go figure...

I've read in places that the rules are that you have to be 21 to drink, 25 to get into a nightclub, but by law you cannot be denied entry or something along those lines?

Anyone who's between 21-24 clarify this? Have you been into a club/clubs?

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 12, 2006
Ohhh I miss Dubai clubbing..so much more fun than in the states. I really like Trilogy and the Apartment...When I was living there last year I was 20, but never had any problem getting in anywhere EXCEPT Boudiour...that damn desi bouncer always gave me trouble. He was the only one I ever had issues with. I used to use a friend's old ID and she didn't even look a THING like me when I was asked for one...but like 99% of the time I was let in. In response to your question above, you just have to be 21 period to get in and drink (unless it has changed in the past couple of months?)
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 14, 2006
Well I am below 21 and I've been to so many club nights!
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 27, 2006
zam wrote:Havent really been into my type of clubs... I think I always end up in a comedy bar :lol:

If anybody knows reggae club in Dubai....please post it here. 8)
i don't know about reggae but the club at hyde park hotel has a good ethiopien band. and they keep out the working girls
gregory863
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2006
Maharlika (Filipino Club) - Presidents Hotel in Karama.

Live Band Playing everynight! cool ambiance!
cee_bytes
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos