News Stands!

Topic locked
news stands! Dec 09, 2003
one thing i've noticed about most of the news stands i've come across in this country is a very peculiar act of ummmm well..... let's see what you think....
you do know most of the glamour magazines, aren't really 'bout articles or anything, just photos..... poch people .... colorful gatherings..... miss chincha hosting a violet dressing party in jinja...whatever....
well ....... the point is ... there's nothing much to read... just photos to look at... you know
....and its not like you keep the mag after checking it out.... its just a one time used item that definitely ends up in the trash afterwards....
........ eventhough we may agree on most of such facts ..... it gets me wondering .... how and why do they let those ummmmm people stand there pick up the magazines , check the whole damn thing out then toss it back and leave..... i mean .... isn't that what they'd do if they bought it ?!.......

mirrorCRAX
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 09, 2003
actually to let you pick the magazine up an read is a better deal for the new stand outlet know what i mean

cause obviously that person aint gonna pick the magazine up an stand an flip through everypage he just gonna zoom through

so you can say he has had a sneak preview of the magazine its like those trailers they show for the movies they just show you bits a pieces of it so as too intrigue ur ass by it then pull u to the theaters

so them allowing you to look at the magzine is like them pulling u to buy it
know what i mean

well thats my opinion that how i look at the shit
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Mirrorcraxx are you on crack? Dec 09, 2003
Mirrorcraxx, what is up with you? You sound fairly close to suicide if you ask me. Do you really care if people read a magazine at a news stand? Or are you a news stand vendor? That would make sense.
Otherwise, I think you should find some other things in life to get a rise out of. Your posts are depressing and lame, this is not what this site is intented for. Perhaps you should seek counselling.
G
Gracious

gracious....yeah right? Dec 10, 2003
who the hell do you think you are to try to judge me?!!!!!........
who the hell asked for your god damned opinion about my posts?!!
who the hell asked you for advice.......?????!!!!!!!!!!!
i'd sugest you'd think it over .... and look at your own life , criticize it , screw it, make fun of it , kill yourself ............ JUST KEEP OUT OF OTHER'S LIVES!!!!!!!!

'N BESIDES ...... WHAT THE HELL????!!!!!!!!!.......... IF I'M GOD DAMNED SUICSIDAL DO YOU THINK ANY OF WHAT YOU'RE SAYING WOULD HELP IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.......??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS FOR THIS PLACE NOT BEING FOR MY SORT OF DEPRESSING THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ WELL! I SEE NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU COMPLAINING .....OH ! AND I'D LIKE TO POINT OUT ..... IT'S NOT YOUR GOD DAMNED FORUM ..... TO TELL ME WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mirrorCRAX
Dubai Forums Member

it's all a matter of fairness Dec 10, 2003
this is a clarification to whoever cares to discuss this matter .....
it's a trivial matter i agree.... but i believe it's definitely not fair for the publishers...... especially that it ain't browsing or zooming....... i'd be buying stuff at the market n if i'm away for 10 minutes 'n i pass by there again ....they're still there......!!!!!!!!!!
how much time do you need to look at some pictures??????!!!!!!!!!
and by the way ..... in some markets people actually open up the papers and write down whatever notes they wannna get off the classifieds ..... this is why carefor put up signs about (brooooowsin) and packed the papers in plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... ok who cares .... it's a trivial matter to you folks .... it's just something i'd noticed and didn't like and wanted to know what others think 'bout that .......
mirrorCRAX
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 10, 2003
well i mean i totaly accept the idea of ppl browsing to the magazines an stuff an the reason for that is cause the prices are so god damnn high damnn a decent car magazine would cost you like 40dhs now why in the fcuk should i pay for that when i could put that money for my fuel know wat im sayin so obviously im just gonna go through it an satisfy my eyes u know but if the magazine were fairly priced that would be a whole new issue

there is alot of shit that gets to me too prices of shit are just so freaking high man like the tv cable providers charge you ridiculous prices over here an i mean i recently gots a mail from evision that they will be increasing there prices they are so stupid you gots to lower your prices once u get more customers but they punks increasing an the only reason why i took the cable channel was to watch champions league football on it but now the mutha fuckers dont show it another suscriber does so they fooled me on that, so cause of that if i could steal cable i would instead of paying for it cause its fucked up know wat i mean

an then you got etisalat thats a whole other issue they are the only telephone an internet service providers so thats like a monopoly shit going on then UAE wants to join the WTO but they aint fixing up there monopoly laws they got i mean look at etisalats prices damnn ridicuolous they are soo freaking high too an its not like they got a competitor i know they reducin it now but damnn its still high for my budget

cause i mean im living the struggle know wat im saying

i gots to wine an dine my princess
i gots to try an look holloywood
i gots to roll in my ride
i got to blaze a blunt

now wit all them expenses i aint bout to pay no extras id rather thieve them if possible

i mean the whole freaking world is corrupted so why da fcuk shouldnt i get corrupted as well

cause i aint no Nelson Mandela my revoloutions on cable an communication charges an magazines aint gonna bring no prosperity around

u feeel me
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Mirror crack head Dec 10, 2003
Mirror boy, I wasn't just responding to your news stand vending issue but also your previous poetry.
Incase you haven't noticed, this is a forum for people to discuss current issues related to Dubai.
If your feeling lonely and depressed there are outlets I'm sure in Dubai other than a website with folks such as Big TLC boy ( who apparently hasn't learned the fine art of sucking one's own rooster).
I know once you read this, you and your buddy boy are going to verbally abuse the shit out of it, and frankly I don't give a shit. In fact I'll find it amusing to unravel your poor english skills. Apparently there is a little Harlem in Dubai... who knew. Good for the readers to know anyway.
As for me killing myself...well I don't have a negative outlook on life and have many resources to keep my self sane in this world...you just have to have the energy to look for them. One of them would be laughing my ass off at morons such as yourself!! :)
Gracious

Dec 10, 2003
interestin stuff you got there .... it's comforting to know you've made it .... still holding to your sanity...... and laughin it out at folks like maself....... i'm glad i made u laugh .... 'n if this post does so as well .... i'll even be much more happier ....... nothing pleases me than to see a gracious loving person smile.... disliking, hatered 'n constant criticizm aren't positive energy and as you may have seen before .... it's like a chain reaction.... but am interested to know why you hopped back in here?!!
were you curious to know what sort of effect your post had on others....?
i thought you were just dissin me...... who's that buddy i got you mentioned ?...... ain't got any .....
as for those outlets u're talkin 'bout .... yeah! you're definitely right...... but it ain't ez when you're on your own in a country you're visitin for the first time .... especially for a reason other than chillin..... when things don't go on ok..... it isn't as ez as u put it ,to jus' go out 'n do ma thang in whateva outlet you think there is ......... i care 'bout what you say 'n think that's why am tryin to explain...... especially that you came back with a post less abusive than the first one....
thanx for carin to reply .... and i respect your respect to ur resources .... -that forum u mentioned where i could let out all my negative feelings 'n get laughed at- don't worry ... am not goin there anyway jus' to keep it a safe haven for all those worthy proficient english speakers.......... have a great day whoever, wherever you are , ...... am akram .... glad to meetcha'
mirrorCRAX
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 10, 2003
great another childish thread discussing people flaming each other.

Grow up people.
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat