Picking Up My New Ride In A Few Hours!!!

Topic locked
Picking up my new ride in a few hours!!! Jul 31, 2006
Hey all, well the day is finally here!! Im picking up my new (well slightly used) ride, a white BMW 318 ci coupe in a few hours time... Really excited! Will post some pics in the evening hopefully... :)

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 02, 2006
Congratulations Jag

Pics ????
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 02, 2006
that excited about a car :roll: you need a hobby - see ian in general forum
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2006
KeithL wrote:Congratulations Jag

Pics ????

Thanks :) been bisy last two days, will post em tomorrow for sure!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2006
I-No-Jack wrote:that excited about a car :roll: you need a hobby - see ian in general forum

Haha, dude cars are my hobby. love em and this has been by dream car :D
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Picking up my new ride in a few hours!!! Aug 03, 2006
jag wrote:Hey all, well the day is finally here!! Im picking up my new (well slightly used) ride, a white BMW 318 ci coupe in a few hours time... Really excited! Will post some pics in the evening hopefully... :)

congrtas! thats one cool ride!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Picking up my new ride in a few hours!!! Aug 03, 2006
easternjewel wrote:
jag wrote:Hey all, well the day is finally here!! Im picking up my new (well slightly used) ride, a white BMW 318 ci coupe in a few hours time... Really excited! Will post some pics in the evening hopefully... :)

congrtas! thats one cool ride!

Hey thanks EJ! :)

Well, finally decided on a super white, 2005 BMW 325 ci. Pics attached. I will get some better quality pics since these were taken on my mobile phone.

Also, seems in some pics the tint is completely reflecting the sun in my images, so it looks as if I have 100% reflective tint, which I do not. I got the 3M clear tint. The tint reflects light though at different angles. Best part, car looks different from different angles :) At night it looks almost clear though :)

What yall think?? Got quite a few comments since I first got it.. :)

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 03, 2006
Hey, great. u went for a faster model. How much? For tint and for car?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 04, 2006
Congrats man,

This is really nice car...

How come you were going to buy a 318ci and ended up with 325ci ????

heheheehe

I like alot how the mirrors are folded :D

enjoy the ride
1) drive safe
2) don't drink and drive
3) please don't flash your lights
4) if you saw copper tinted murno in your rearviwmirror .... give a way, or you will be runned over :) j/k enjoy the ride and the attention.

which dealer yougot it from? and if you don't mind, how much on dash and cash.
yshimy

Aug 04, 2006
mabrook jag, nice, clean looking ride and i'm sure you'll be a lot happier with the bigger engine then the original 318 you were planning.

oh and Ysh same goes for you if you see a silver T11 in your rear view, like the song goes "move, get out the way" hehehehe. :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 04, 2006
Fayz, Respect is always granted for OLD people :P

hehehe

nice to see you back
yshimy

Aug 04, 2006
Hey guyz, thanks for the comments :)

Well it turns out my dads very good friend, a sennior exec in Dubai, really nice old chap who babied the car was getting a 7 series so I got this from him. Under warranty and all and low mileage, about 25,000 KM. Car is practically new and still has the new car smell :)

To be honest, I didnt need the extra power since the 318 is amazingly fast when I drove it! Really shocking. And now the 325, well the engine just sings :)

Cost me about 120K for this car, a fair deal according to my research and the near showroom condition of the car.
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 04, 2006
yshimy wrote:Congrats man,

This is really nice car...

How come you were going to buy a 318ci and ended up with 325ci ????

heheheehe

I like alot how the mirrors are folded :D

enjoy the ride
1) drive safe

Always dude :)

2) don't drink and drive

Never, not worth it.

3) please don't flash your lights

Who me?? Dont worry doesnt have bixenons!

4) if you saw copper tinted murno in your rearviwmirror .... give a way, or you will be runned over :) j/k enjoy the ride and the attention.

Haha, will do

which dealer yougot it from? and if you don't mind, how much on dash and cash.

Private finally, about 120K :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 04, 2006
gtmash wrote:Hey, great. u went for a faster model. How much? For tint and for car?

Car - 120K AED
Tints - 750 AED
Feeling when I start her up everytime - Priceless :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 04, 2006
fayz wrote:mabrook jag, nice, clean looking ride and i'm sure you'll be a lot happier with the bigger engine then the original 318 you were planning.

oh and Ysh same goes for you if you see a silver T11 in your rear view, like the song goes "move, get out the way" hehehehe. :)

Thanks dude. Yeah will move out definitely, in fact been moving out of the way in a second, dont want anyone tailgating me!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 04, 2006
jag wrote:

Pics ????

Beautiful car !...congratulations once again
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 04, 2006
KeithL wrote:
jag wrote:

Pics ????

Beautiful car !...congratulations once again

Thanks Keith! :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 04, 2006
Beautiful!
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 05, 2006
Nice one Jag

A Fellow Beemer owner here 750il V12 5.4L 8) 8)
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 05, 2006
arniegang wrote:Nice one Jag

I'm thinking of an 850Ci. V12 maintenance expensive?

An 325Ci is manageable, I guess.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 06, 2006
Nice one Jag - you beat me to a new beemer!

Does the clear tint keep the heat out? The car I'm going for has an 80% tint at the moment which is the only thing that needs changing on it - if I buy it.. it's currently getting checked out at AGMC.

Mabruk again.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 06, 2006
Jag: Shouldn't you really be buying a Jag??

Though I must say, a BMW is a very good and wise choice (from a fellow beemer owner!)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 06, 2006
arniegang wrote:Nice one Jag

Thanks dude! V12 eh, now thats a beast!!! Which years model you got??
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 06, 2006
shafique wrote:Nice one Jag - you beat me to a new beemer!

Does the clear tint keep the heat out? The car I'm going for has an 80% tint at the moment which is the only thing that needs changing on it - if I buy it.. it's currently getting checked out at AGMC.

Mabruk again.

Cheers,
Shafique

Hey thanks. Well the tint looks fab and heat rejection is about 44%, as compared to 30% tint which rejects about 39%. So not bad considering you get clear visibility.

80% tint??? Does that mean a local drove it?? No offence to anyone, but get that car checked out well!!

Oh and I got an extended warranty for peace of mind. So Im covered for the next 5 years or so.
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 06, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Jag: Shouldn't you really be buying a Jag??

Though I must say, a BMW is a very good and wise choice (from a fellow beemer owner!)

haha, the thought had crossed my mind... BUT i absolutely love bimmers over anything else.. ;) Which one you got?
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 06, 2006
jag wrote:

Mabruk again.

Cheers,
Shafique

Hey thanks. Well the tint looks fab and heat rejection is about 44%, as compared to 30% tint which rejects about 39%. So not bad considering you get clear visibility.

80% tint??? Does that mean a local drove it?? No offence to anyone, but get that car checked out well!!

Oh and I got an extended warranty for peace of mind. So Im covered for the next 5 years or so.

If you got an extended warranty, you really have got it made. By the way, 80% or whatever isn't necessarily local. I had pitch-black-cant-see-at-night tint for nearly a year on my old Merc, and never got pulled over. I removed it before Tasjeel passing.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 06, 2006
gtmash wrote:
jag wrote:

Mabruk again.

Cheers,
Shafique

If you got an extended warranty, you really have got it made. By the way, 80% or whatever isn't necessarily local. I had pitch-black-cant-see-at-night tint for nearly a year on my old Merc, and never got pulled over. I removed it before Tasjeel passing.

Oh, thats true i guess... many people dont mind the 500 dhs fine.. forgot about that...! :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 06, 2006
jag wrote:
haha, the thought had crossed my mind... BUT i absolutely love bimmers over anything else.. ;) Which one you got?

I got the new 3 series - a 330d M Sport
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 06, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
jag wrote:

I got the new 3 series - a 330d M Sport

Good stuff, you will enjoy it!! :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 06, 2006
Congrats jag!

Shaf, defintely take the 80% tint off if you buy. What is the point of having windows at all if you can't see out of them. :shock:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto