Carrefour

Topic locked
Carrefour Aug 03, 2006
Ohhh I cant wait to let it all out my system and share to all of you my horrific shopping experience in Carrerfour, Bur Dubai ! :oops:

I rented a new flat this July, and thus needs new furnitures. The following things I have bought from Carrerfou, I still have the receipts and invoices should anyone wants a proof,PM me:

1. Electa Washing Machine - Delivered after 2 days of their promised date. And to my surprise when I used it, drier is not running. Bug them all day long to send a replacement! after 1 day, they did, during that time drier worked. After 1 use, not again!

2. Pigeon Pressure Cooker -SInce the item can fit in a car, we took it home. And I think you know what happens next, upon reaching home and opening the carton,we found out the weight valve on the top is missing. When I phoned them for this, they say I need to bring back the whole pressure cooker just to get my little thingy weight valve.

3. Super something brand of Refrigerator - They promised delivery after 2 days and it was delivered after a week.

4. Nikai Microwave Oven/Roaster - We took this home also. And as of now its still working fine. Well let me think, I was able to roast 2 chicken, 1 baby back ribs and bake my lasagna. So who knows?

Be warned people! :twisted:

zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Carrefour Aug 03, 2006
zam wrote:2. Pigeon Pressure Cooker

I prefered mine deep fried
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 03, 2006
Well, you get what you paid for.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Carrefour Aug 04, 2006
zam wrote:3. Super something brand of Refrigerator - They promised delivery after 2 days and it was delivered after a week.
That's Standard Operating Procedure for most companies in Dubai. After many complaints from many people over many years, it's still the same :shock: .

4. Nikai Microwave Oven/Roaster - We took this home also. And as of now its still working fine. Well let me think, I was able to roast 2 chicken, 1 baby back ribs and bake my lasagna. So who knows?
I've not tried baby back ribs with lasagna. Is it better with Italian babies or will any nationality do?
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Carrefour Aug 05, 2006
sharewadi wrote:
zam wrote:3. Super something brand of Refrigerator - They promised delivery after 2 days and it was delivered after a week.
That's Standard Operating Procedure for most companies in Dubai. After many complaints from many people over many years, it's still the same :shock: .

I've not tried baby back ribs with lasagna. Is it better with Italian babies or will any nationality do?

:lol: :lol: LOL :lol: :lol:
zam

Aug 05, 2006
Oops yesterday I was chatting with my sister in law's friend and apparently she brought a DVD two days ago from Carrefour....and as expected...its not working.... :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I cant stop laughing actually....compared to my experience, thats nothing...
zam

Aug 05, 2006
hmm,

same place, bur dubai carrefour

I bought the following

JVC home theatre
JVC LCD TV
Daewoo Fridge
Philips sandwich maker
Kenwood Mixer grinder
split AC

Touchwood till date everything is working great :)

cheers,

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 05, 2006
Jeevan...I thought you owned Carrefour? :lol:
zam

Aug 05, 2006
zam wrote:Jeevan...I thought you owned Carrefour? :lol:

If i had to own some place i would prefer spinneys to carrefour:)

:lol:

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 05, 2006
So far, only Mall of Emirates Carrefour and IKEA have delivered on time to our house, and the goods have been in perfect shape. We had problems with all other stores we dealt with. Home Center has been a pain in the ass, and Tepe Home was so-so.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 06, 2006
So far we have not had any problems with items sold in Carrefour, however the brand selection is very important, and unfortunately it looks like mostly the cheapest stuff has been purchased, China made......
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 06, 2006
LOL
i went to Giant batoota mall, looking for 42' Samsung TV , found great one, i wana buy it, they said we only deliver, i said its not that big my car can handle it,, its only Fcuking 42' don't need a truck,,, no sir we only deliver we don't have them here,,, well they lost a sale,,, went to Sharaf Digital just afew meters a way and got the same one and they put on a trolli, and Mr. Saleem carried back with me to the car,,, 5dhs tip made Saleem simle.

That's why always thinking of buying big fat a** GMC Turck
Fcuk Delivery
saeedz28
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 06, 2006
Carrefour has a wide selection of different brands, and some of the cheaper models definitely looked dodgy. You really do get what you pay for. We went middle of the road and have had no problems so far.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 06, 2006
Yeah....it sucks! I always go for practicality but it compromises all the standards and quality that I demand for. :(
zam

Aug 06, 2006
saeedz28 wrote:LOL
i went to Giant batoota mall, looking for 42' Samsung TV , found great one, i wana buy it, they said we only deliver, i said its not that big my car can handle it,, its only Fcuking 42' don't need a truck,,, no sir we only deliver we don't have them here,,, well they lost a sale,,, went to Sharaf Digital just afew meters a way and got the same one and they put on a trolli, and Mr. Saleem carried back with me to the car,,, 5dhs tip made Saleem simle.

That's why always thinking of buying big fat a** GMC Turck
Fcuk Delivery

You move home furnishings a lot? Why'd you want a truck just for hauling a TV once? And how'd you haul the TV into your house from the car?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 06, 2006
Jeevan wrote:hmm,

same place, bur dubai carrefour

I bought the following

JVC home theatre
JVC LCD TV
Daewoo Fridge
Philips sandwich maker
Kenwood Mixer grinder
split AC

Touchwood till date everything is working great :)

cheers,

Jerry

Yes, you actually bought some decent brands. Carrefour does not even servce electronics. I bought both an SE phone and an Acer PC from Carrefour, and got both worked on by Jumbo, as stated in some papers that came with the things. An "Elekta" CD player my relative bought at Lulu Center didnt work right from day 1.

On the other hand, my branded PC from Carrefour came without a power cable AND had MS Office pre-installed without the requisite original CDs. Someone's been going thru the boxes.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 14, 2006
holy crap, how'd you managed a 42" TV.... unless it's a plasma.. a tube TV would weigh a ton
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list