Mercedes 190E

Topic locked
Mercedes 190E Jul 12, 2006
Does anyone have one of these to sell ??

Also any advice on what to look for when buying one of these since they are almost 20 years old now and specifications will be greatly appreciated. From what i know, you get them in three variants

The last one being a six cylinder and heavy on gas :?

KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 13, 2006
yeah cos fuel is getting soooooo expensive :roll:
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 14, 2006
watkinssound wrote:yeah cos fuel is getting soooooo expensive :roll:

My buddies in Dubai tell me that too... but I dont think its as high as 96p/litre :cry:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 14, 2006
I couldn't believe it, Diesel was 100.9p per Litre LAST WEEK in Cardiff.
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 14, 2006
watkinssound wrote:I couldn't believe it, Diesel was 100.9p per Litre LAST WEEK in Cardiff.

It must have been a Shell station...thieves .. :( ..
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 25, 2006
Bump !

doesnt anyone have a 190 ?? :?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 30, 2006
I have one, hehe. A 2.6 6-cylinder, with custom faux-leather interior and an AMG kit.

According to specs, a 2.6 is hardly more thirsty than a 2.3 . Anything less than a 2.6 is slug-slow, except for the "2.3-16", which is faster than the 2.6. Mind you, the 2.3-16, not the standard 2.3. It's all in the badge.

So which one did u end up buying?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 30, 2006
gtmash wrote:I have one, hehe. A 2.6 6-cylinder, with custom faux-leather interior and an AMG kit.

According to specs, a 2.6 is hardly more thirsty than a 2.3 . Anything less than a 2.6 is slug-slow, except for the "2.3-16", which is faster than the 2.6. Mind you, the 2.3-16, not the standard 2.3. It's all in the badge.

Still looking...any leads :?:

It doesnt bother me if its slow...for speed I'll have my R1 handy :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 30, 2006
KeithL wrote:
gtmash wrote:I have one, hehe. A 2.6 6-cylinder, with custom faux-leather interior and an AMG kit.

Still looking...any leads :?:

It doesnt bother me if its slow...for speed I'll have my R1 handy :wink:

But why this car specifically? I bought it because I was sorta "poor" back then, and never bothered replacing it. By the way, are you in Dubai, or UK? The Sharjah used car market has hundreds of the 2.0 variety. There are ways to spot defects, which I learned AFTER buying it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 31, 2006
gtmash wrote:But why this car specifically? I bought it because I was sorta "poor" back then, and never bothered replacing it. By the way, are you in Dubai, or UK? The Sharjah used car market has hundreds of the 2.0 variety. There are ways to spot defects, which I learned AFTER buying it.

Im yet in London but will be arriving in Dubai shortly.

I dont like cars too much because i prefer motorcycles but i dont think it will be a good idea to rock up at interviews fully kitted out in riding gear :oops:

The reason i want a 190 is because its one of the few "affordable" cars that fascinate me. All it would need is a spolier, AMG wheels, sticky Bridgestones, the racing grill and Im set ! :wink:

Sorry If i sounded like a chav...

Btw, would it be cool if i got in touch with you when Im buying one ? ...just so that you can give me the heads up on things to look out for.

KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 31, 2006
Sure, I'll list out some stuff later, when you are ready. Just contact me through my website (as I wouldn't want to list an email addy in public here). Just to clear things up, I don't sell cars, which is what a lot of people think. The concept of free car reviews on the net is foreign here.

By the way, my car is already kitted out, hehe. I just don't know what you're referring to with a racing grille. :?:

gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 31, 2006
gtmash wrote:I just don't know what you're referring to with a racing grille. :?:

The front grill similar to the one on this SL...pity its not a 190 :wink:

KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 31, 2006
Your car looks lovely btw GTmash..

and the concept of car reviews is sure to catch on. Thanks once again and i will be in touch
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 12, 2006
BUMP !

any more 190 owners ?? :?:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 12, 2006
KeithL wrote:BUMP !

The only 190 owners in this country are not-so-well-off people who buy it cheap and run it into the ground. With exceptions of course.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 12, 2006
gtmash wrote:
KeithL wrote:BUMP !

The only 190 owners in this country are not-so-well-off people who buy it cheap and run it into the ground. With exceptions of course.

i think that's the trend normally. I saw a couple of 190's here in london for sale... around 400 quid each :shock:

I hope prices are similar in the UAE and i manage to find one in immaculate condition :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 12, 2006
the 190 series has a strong following of enthusiasts in the UK keith
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Wanted Mercedes 190E Sep 12, 2006
Wanted Merceds 190E 2 ltr.
guliyev
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Wanted Mercedes 190E Sep 14, 2006
guliyev wrote:Wanted Merceds 190E 2 ltr.

lemme know if you find 2

KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 18, 2006
Bump !
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 18, 2006
KeithL wrote:Bump !

Hehe, Keithyboy. You sure are obsessed with this car. I'll give you mine if you buy me my next car. Are you even in the country yet?

gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 18, 2006
I am in Dubai GT and have Pmed you my mobile number. Can you please send me your number, I'll call you and we can talk about 190's

KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 11, 2008
Hi all, I just purchased a 1988 190E from a Jordanian friend. I just wanted to know where I can get cheap but good replacement parts here in Dubai? Thanks for your help.

Edward :)
edwarddy
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 12, 2008
Sharjah is the best place for parts Edward .... Either that or phone GT Mash.. he's an expert in cars
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 19, 2008
KeithL wrote:Sharjah is the best place for parts Edward .... Either that or phone GT Mash.. he's an expert in cars

lol come on mate????? sharjah sorry not only sharjah but the whole of UAE is a fake market of parts. dont trust anyone get the certificates and then buy it. most of the parts are fake and cheap.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2008
edwarddy wrote:Hi all, I just purchased a 1988 190E from a Jordanian friend. I just wanted to know where I can get cheap but good replacement parts here in Dubai? Thanks for your help.

Edward :)

Go to Sharjah and ask anyone where "BMW road" is, also known as First Industrial Street. There, go to any shop with the Mercedes logo on it. Good new aftermarket parts.

"Fake" parts would mean crap built in some shithole in Sharjah and sold as "genuine." The Merc parts I found are from decently known aftermarket manufacturers in Germany, Taiwan, etc. Good prices too. Headlight for 150 bucks!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 16, 2008
KeithL wrote:
gtmash wrote:But why this car specifically? I bought it because I was sorta "poor" back then, and never bothered replacing it. By the way, are you in Dubai, or UK? The Sharjah used car market has hundreds of the 2.0 variety. There are ways to spot defects, which I learned AFTER buying it.

Im yet in London but will be arriving in Dubai shortly.

I dont like cars too much because i prefer motorcycles but i dont think it will be a good idea to rock up at interviews fully kitted out in riding gear :oops:

The reason i want a 190 is because its one of the few "affordable" cars that fascinate me. All it would need is a spolier, AMG wheels, sticky Bridgestones, the racing grill and Im set ! :wink:

Sorry If i sounded like a chav...

Btw, would it be cool if i got in touch with you when Im buying one ? ...just so that you can give me the heads up on things to look out for.

Man, you'll really want to think twice about riding in the UAE. Practically a death wish. Most people stay out of trouble. Those who fall victim to circumstances usually end up as roadkill.
ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto