Notary Public

Topic locked
Notary Public Jul 04, 2006
Hi guys, I'm looking for notary public services to draw up a document. Does anyone know what the procedure is, and where I can seek notary public services?

ghoonk
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 05, 2006
Not sure about here but I had to use one in Australia.

They are solicitors who have served for many years and are trusted in the community - then they do a course that entitles them to be a Notary Public.

Anyway call some well known law firms to find one, you will have to make an appointment and pay cash for the services.

If it is for a degree - take all supporting documents as well. i.e.e transcripts of grades
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 05, 2006
Here in NZ notary publics are listed in the yellow pages (business directory) .... might be the same over there.
ajb
Dubai chat master

Re: Notary Public Jul 17, 2006
ghoonk wrote:Hi guys, I'm looking for notary public services to draw up a document. Does anyone know what the procedure is, and where I can seek notary public services?

As strange as it might sound, there seems to be a notary office connected with the Dubai Courts. I've seen the signs for it, but I've never used it myself.

In other countries, lawyers (and sometimes non-lawyers) can serve as notaries, but the rules vary a lot from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Off hand, I'm not sure what the rules are in the UAE.

Your country's embassy/consulate might have a list of local lawyers and/or notaries that you could contact for help.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2006
I had to go through this not too long ago, there are 2 places I found you can go. Dubai Courts and your embassy, The Canadian embassy likes to nickel and dime for everything so they charged me something like AED 150 but it was quick and painless. I think at Dubai courts it was either AED 25 or AED 50, i forget but do remember it being cheaper than the Embassy.

Good luck.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jul 18, 2006
Guys,

I am a Notary Public. I am a UK qualified solicitor and notary public and registered with the UK Foreign Office. I would be able to sign documents for any country but I would need to make sure I knew what I was signing - nothing in a foreign language.

I don't know what other Notaries would charge for doing this but I would probably only look for a pint of beer. Let me know if you need my help.
Gordon
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 18, 2006
very kind of you gordon

Many thanks
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 19, 2006
Me thinks that Gordon may be a useful person to know in Dubai!!

What is it you have to have notorised?? Degree certificates etc?? (excuse my ignorance!)

Gordon - why weren't you at the DF meet in June??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 20, 2006
Chaps,

I'm new to the whole Dubai thing so I don't know about any meets yet. I need to get on this site more often so I can get to hear about a few of these get-togethers and come along and meet a few of you guys.

The only thing about notarising is that some documents need to be translated into Arabic and notarised/attested by somebody "official". I am a humble lawyer from the UK so before I notarise anything you would check whether my notarisation is enough or if you need to get it translated. I should be able to tell you whether my John Hancock will do though, and I will try and check back on these messages more regularly.

On a side point, what was the DF meet you mentioned, and how do I find out about these?
Gordon
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 20, 2006
Gordon

check out the boys night out thread in general.

You will be made most welcome i can assure you.

regards
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum