Dentist In Dubai

Topic locked
Dentist in Dubai Mar 29, 2005
Hello,

My wife is a Canadian citizen and she is a dentist with a Canadian degree in Medical Dentistry and has completed/passed the Canadian Dental Board exam and is part of the Order of Dentists of Quebec (Canada). She also has a couple of years experience.

I would like to know please:

1) What does she need to practice in Dubai?

2) How easy is it to get a job as a dentist there (where can she apply)?

3) This is not an easy question to answer so I don't expect many responses for it :oops: but how much can she expect to earn?

Thanks my friends!!!

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 31, 2005
Anyone? Help... :cry:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dentistry ... Apr 02, 2005
Okay, don't know if this is going to be much help.

As far as I know all medical practisioners (excuse the spelling), need to be registered locally. I don't know what this entails - the Canadian Embassy/ Consul may be able to help with this!

You/ she need to have all your certificates attested at a UAE consulat in Canada - if there is no UAE consulate the Saudi Consul will do. If you do not have your qualifications attested you cannot be employed in the UAE - except illegally.

Women Dr's and teachers can sponsor thier spouse! This is opposite from all other job catagories, where the male has to sponsor the wife.

Here I stand under correction, but medical/ dental practices have to be co-sponsored by a local partner (UAE National), as is the case with most business in the area. I would suggest that your wife looks for a position before she comes though here. This is the web address of one of the most reputable placement agencies in the area.

http://www.clarendonparker.com/

They will most probalby be able to help out with regards to practicing locally, what papers you require and as they are an agency are most likley to fight to get you the best salary pacakage (as they are paid a percentage).

Hope this is of some help

:D
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Apr 03, 2005
Thankyou very much for your help dbxsoul... We are looking into moving to Dubai come September so I am starting preparation quit shortly and you have helped put me on the right footing. I really do appreciate that.

:D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Working in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Working in Dubai