Car Clubs In Dubai?????

Topic locked
Car clubs in Dubai????? Jul 11, 2006
Is there any dedicated car club’s here in Dubai??? ie manufacturer specific or just a petrol heads/enthusiasts club?
Would be great if we could organize something on here, DUBAI CAR CLUB, sounds good to me, we could do the meets and gain knowledge from one another, what would be the general consensus on this issue? Is there already a club like this?
I’m in the BMW car club back home in Scotland and we have meeting’s at the end of every month amongst other social events and it’s a great club to be a part of, if we could get one going here in Dubai it’d be a great way to meet other car nut’s, the info to be gained from some people is unbelievable, some of the guys on my club forum know more about BMW’s than the technician’s
This would also help people to find the descent garages to go to and could save you cash as you could get answers regarding minor faults with your vehicle that can easily be solved DIY style.
Any info, I’d be well chuffed

Black Betty
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 11, 2006
Black betty,

Good morning. Yes, there are numerous car clubs here in the UAE. The biggest of those being the Porsche car club.

However, there are a few of us "enthusiasts" that get together and go for a cruise etc.

go to www.evolve.ae register and then you can join in.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 11, 2006
nice one mate, i'll get stuck in, maybe see you at a meet sometime in the future (once i get my visa then car, LOL)Cheers.
Black Betty
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 11, 2006
No problem. Its a small website, but growing.

We are always looking for fellow car nuts to join us. There is a pretty good Honda and VW club as well.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 12, 2006
I am one member of Porsche Car Club. but i don't have Porsche car now.
I haven't taken part in any activities. :) but they keep sending me invitation for car racing, testing... :P :P
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 13, 2006
geraintindxb wrote:I am one member of Porsche Car Club. but i don't have Porsche car now.
I haven't taken part in any activities. :) but they keep sending me invitation for car racing, testing... :P :P

If I am not mistaken a pre-requisite to being a member of the Middle East Porsche Car club is ownership of a Porsche. Was your membership an oversight on Karim's part?
RA
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 12, 2006
i am aware of the porscheclub, how do i know more about the VW club?
tx
zookk
Dubai Forum User

Sep 12, 2006
Go to there website?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
i think he's asking for the address XRW
DubaiGuy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 13, 2006
DubaiGuy wrote:i think he's asking for the address XRW

Wouldn't have thought it to be too hard to ask, would you?

http://www.vw-club.ae
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 19, 2006
Are there any car clubs for BMW enthusiasts? I have a BMW Z4.

Alternatively, is there one for convertible enthusiasts (any make)...

maybe i'm being too picky... anything??

:-)
hussam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Car clubs in Dubai????? Sep 20, 2006
Black Betty wrote:I’m in the BMW car club back home in Scotland and we have meeting’s at the end of every month

Pipe & Slippers compulsory.... :mrgreen: Just kidding...!
GSRider
Dubai Forums Member

That's what i want too! Sep 22, 2006
zookk wrote:i am aware of the porscheclub, how do i know more about the VW club?
tx

Its really strange! But there isn't any VW club here in UAE or there is?? PorscheClub is good...but what about other VAG owners! I mean Porsche is a part of Volkswagen Audi Group too( shared engineering from VW of their Cayenne)..than why there's no official VW club in UAE? its sad......all we can do is join togather and make an online club VW in forums! I am member of all the club VWs around the UK and Europe! But its not fun...because all i can do is post messages:( that's all....atleast we can all meet here and discuss all the issues of our beloved cars! be a whole VAG family...and become great friends too....if anyone's planing to open club VW...i'm in :wink:
cheers
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2006
Well I've got a TT 3.2 DSG but I'm still in the Uk at the moment and as my car is RHD, I won't be bringing it over...

GSRider
Dubai Forums Member

Nice car! Sep 23, 2006
That's one clean shiny TT there mate :wink: nice...very good condition! and DSG you said? good so you don't need to double shift...i thought only the new Golf R32's and GTis introduced the DSGs...well lucky mate...awsome ride. And about the RHD thingy...well you can bring it over here...the only thing is that you'll have to get it registered from Umm Al Qwain (UAQ)because it allows RHD vehicles..lots of my friends own RHD Toyota Soarer and Mark IIs even Skylines...all are RHDs, that's all i think...
cheers
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 23, 2006
I'll need to find out more about registering it in the UAE, I asked on the forum before and everyone said no way...

The DGS box is in the R32 and the 3.2 TT. Mine has a forced induction kit, sports exhaust and is tuned to put out 305 BHP.
GSRider
Dubai Forums Member

Re: That's what i want too! Sep 24, 2006
Salman_20VT wrote:Its really strange! But there isn't any VW club here in UAE or there is?? PorscheClub is good...but what about other VAG owners! I mean Porsche is a part of Volkswagen Audi Group too( shared engineering from VW of their Cayenne)..than why there's no official VW club in UAE? its sad......all we can do is join togather and make an online club VW in forums! I am member of all the club VWs around the UK and Europe! But its not fun...because all i can do is post messages:( that's all....atleast we can all meet here and discuss all the issues of our beloved cars! be a whole VAG family...and become great friends too....if anyone's planing to open club VW...i'm in :wink:
cheers

Can you try reading through a topic properly before you post crap?

XRW-147 wrote:Wouldn't have thought it to be too hard to ask, would you?

www.vw-club.ae
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: That's what i want too! Sep 24, 2006
Can you try reading through a topic properly before you post crap?

XRW-147 wrote:Wouldn't have thought it to be too hard to ask, would you?

www.vw-club.ae
[/quote]

Well XRW-147, why are you so rude to other's man? I did not post any crap! Let me remind you that this topic is about the car clubs here! And i wrote up to point....now it can be any car club..VW, Nissan or anything...what is wrong with you? can't you be little polite? I came here to make friends...not enemies!
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: That's what i want too! Sep 25, 2006
Salman_20VT wrote:than why there's no official VW club in UAE? its sad......all we can do is join togather and make an online club VW in forums!

*holds nose* smells like crap to me.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: That's what i want too! Sep 25, 2006
Salman_20VT wrote:Well XRW-147, why are you so rude to other's man? I did not post any crap! Let me remind you that this topic is about the car clubs here! And i wrote up to point....now it can be any car club..VW, Nissan or anything...what is wrong with you? can't you be little polite? I came here to make friends...not enemies!

I have no problems with you if you make a meaningful contribution but let me say it nice and simple - read through a post properly and make sure you understand it, get a dictionary out if you need to, before you post back with irrelevant, non-constructive drivel.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Thank you! Sep 25, 2006
Thank you for your discretion, but this is what i'm trying to tell you that i'm not stupid...i never posted any irrelevant material on any forum! All i did was that i told people what's what..and some of my opinions. Which depends on you to consider or not!
hey i don't need a dictionary! :lol: my English is quite good Alhamdullah :wink:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 09, 2006
GSRider wrote:I'll need to find out more about registering it in the UAE, I asked on the forum before and everyone said no way...

The DGS box is in the R32 and the 3.2 TT. Mine has a forced induction kit, sports exhaust and is tuned to put out 305 BHP.

The answer is still "no way", my non-local friend...
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 06, 2006
Alrite, i too wana join a merc club. What, where, how
how does one find these clubs, what do they do.. ?/
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 06, 2006
my dad owns one, want me to put him in touch with you and you guys start a club ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 07, 2006
MaaaD wrote:my dad owns one, want me to put him in touch with you and you guys start a club ?

i beg for some info! :P
o well not a bad idea.. :roll:
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 08, 2006
newimprovednf
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto