Return Ticket

Topic locked
Return ticket Jul 11, 2006
Wondering if anyone can help. I am starting work in Dubai in August. I booked my flight today, and then immediately had the thought, should I have booked a return ticket.

Will it be a problem, when I get to the airport if I do do not have a ticket to get back out of the country.

Any ideas.
Thanks

winter
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Return ticket Jul 11, 2006
winter wrote:Will it be a problem, when I get to the airport if I do do not have a ticket to get back out of the country.

If the company has arranged a visa for you then probably not.

May depend on nationality otherwise.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 11, 2006
Thanks for the reply

The school I will be working for is arranging my visa, but haven't heard much from them regarding that. I am british.
winter
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 11, 2006
winter wrote:The school I will be working for is arranging my visa, but haven't heard much from them regarding that. I am british.

You probably won't hear anything for another month or more - summer holidays for schools now.

British probably fine since they just stamp a visit visa on arrival. Technically, I guess they could ask to see a return ticket but seems very unlikely since so many people are living here on visit visas.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 12, 2006
If you are British, they just look at your passport, ask where you are staying without being too interested, then send you on your way!
They perhaps think that us Brits are trustworthy or something!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum