Reconsidering Offer In Dubai

Topic locked
reconsidering offer in dubai Jul 10, 2006
hi all,
this is my first post though i've been following many topics on the site since really long.

i was looking for some information and would greatly appreciate any help:
I am a software engineer in india & have an offer from a bank in dubai. i have accepted the offer sometime back and sent photocopies of my documents for visa processing.
My visa is processed and i have recieved the copy also. but now i may not want to join as i am getting a better offer in india iteslf.
are there any legal implications if i don't join them? also assuming they get irritated and ban me (which i guess they would), can i still come there on a visit visa?
what all can a company do to be in such a case?

i have not sent them any original documents and also the offer that i signed did not specifically contain any clause of such a situation.

zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 10, 2006
If you have been following the topics here "for some time" as you say, then you would know about the existance of the search function.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 11, 2006
You might want to send a private message to dbxsoul, he is very well educated as to the ins and outs of these types of things and he won't be put out if you ask him either or tell you to use the search function. Good luck!!
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 11, 2006
thanks kelly
zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

Re: reconsidering offer in dubai Jul 11, 2006
zaidinamdar wrote:My visa is processed and i have recieved the copy also. but now i may not want to join as i am getting a better offer in india iteslf.
are there any legal implications if i don't join them? also assuming they get irritated and ban me (which i guess they would), can i still come there on a visit visa?
what all can a company do to be in such a case?

I don't know what the legal implications in India are.

The visa you received is likely to be only a temporary visa for entry into Dubai - your residence visa and work permit are usually arranged once you arrive.

Companies don't ban you, the immigration and labor departments do (or did - immigration has stopped bans I think).

AFAIK banned people can still come on a visit visa.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum