V For Vendetta

Topic locked

V for Vendetta is one of the best movies of 2006. yet

Yes, definitely
83%
Maybe, i enjoyed it, but it wasnt that good.
17%
No, i hated it, seen better.
No votes

Total votes : 6

V for vendetta Jun 21, 2006
Internet movie database entry:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0434409/

V for vendetta

definitely one of my favorite movies out there, its dystopic theme is beautifully recreated, the acting by Hugo Weaving was definitely one of his best. The script was unrivaled by any movie IMHO. V's introduction to Evey alone was .... beautiful.

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V"

Natalie Portman was charming as always and fitted the role and enacted the character perfectly. The political/religious/sexual controversy raised by the movie were worthy of Dan brown.

Overall, a favourite, emblazoned in my mind forever. along with Lost in translation :D.

arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 22, 2006
That scene rocked. Then the DVD stopped working. My stupid DVD player can't play pirated DVDs very well...

I thought I was buying a high-end HDMI player. Sure the picture is great but whats the point if I can't watch all my movies.... :(
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 22, 2006
That's the trouble with higher end systems that demand as much perfection from the input as they do from their output.

But agree, cool movie.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 01, 2006
The movie was good but there were so many flaws.......the best part was the action....
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 02, 2006
100% one of the best movies since the useual suspects and leon lol, some of my favorite quotes too.. "Remember, remember, the Fifth of November,/ The Gunpowder Treason and Plot... / I know of no reason/ Why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... " ... ""god is in the rain""

and i hate you :@ lol cuz you quoted my favorite quote ever lol.

this movie rocks, and incase you didn't notice, if you flip V it'll look just like the anarchy sample which the whole movie idea is based on, V is seeking freedom, but his ways are twisted -maybe-, anyways, watchin this movie and having the chance to relate it to something real will be amazing, i related to the movie since i'm a palestinian who lived in palestine, and i knew how hard it is to fight for freedom, so imagine fighting to get freedom from your our country is much much harder, anyways again... WATCH THIS moive if you are a fan of "to-be-a-classic" movies :P.
Rami
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk