Is Dubai Safe After Those Al Qaeda Attacks In Saudi?

Topic locked
Is Dubai Safe After Those Al Qaeda Attacks in Saudi? Nov 18, 2003
Hey People,

Just wondering what your views are on Dubai and safety issues here. As you know there were recent Al Qaeda attacks on Saudi and on an Arab complex few days ago.

Now that kinda freaked me out! Is Dubai a likely target you think for Al Qaeda, since Dubai is very Westernized - something those Al Qaeda extremists might not like? Also, an attack here would really hurt the tourism industry that Dubai has worked so hard to build!

There was a report in the paper a year ago that Dubai police foiled an attempt by Al Qaeda to blow up key economic targets in Dubai. Now I hope that never happens ofcourse, but what if? What do you think the consequences could be?

I would think that many Westerners would go back home, but those in business here and many people from the sub-continent who have been here for a while would just stick it out - unless things got really bad here.

I consider Dubai to be my home and have been here for a long ass time and dont plan to leave come what may. what do you guys feel about this now very real issue?

pika123
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 19, 2003
I didn't hear of any threat of attacks in Dubai...
But who knows...? :(
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Nov 20, 2003
well i dont bout any terrorist attacks that might take place soon down here but one thing i know for sure is

Dubai police could not have foiled a single terrorist attack up in here man shit look at the police force they all freaking stupid mutha fuckers i mean they cant even stop the god damn prostitution know wat im saying they all freaking fat asses who only know how to drive around in there cars an stop at cafterias an drink that 50fils tea an chew on them sambosas that and giving traffic tickets thats the only two times i see dubai police in action.

and they soo proud cause nothing happen during IMF they think it was there freaking security mutha lover pleaseeeeeee its cause the ppl who go for protests an do all those loothings in europe an america they all
broke mutha fuckers with no cash who have nothing better to do an go an protest
but the thing was that dubai is a far place an air tickets are expensive thats why none of the protesters could make it .
but these mutha fuckers think there tight security stopped them from travelling. I mean shit during IMF i was drivin on sheikh zayed road an the delegate car was right beside mine i could have shot them mutha fuckerz right there so the security was bullshit. The only thing the sons of bitches managed to do was cause more freaking traffic which they cant clear up till today.
And now picture the other day i was reading an article in the paper bout the traffic problems thats going on now an one of these civilian mutha fuckers whom they interviewd said that " the traffic has been horrible the only time it was good was during the IMF " i mean mutha lover were you blind or something the IMF is wat started all this traffic damnnn u stupid you must be a freaking malbari.

wat im trying to say is that if a terrorist wants to strike aint no one can stop him the FBI cant the CIA cant and god know Dubai mutha freaking police cant even reach close.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 29, 2003
Jamal, u r scaring all tourists. :)
BTW do you know anything about this security guy killed in Golden Sands 6?
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 01, 2003
haha well im just filling them in with the info

nahh didnt hear anything bout it what happen?
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Dec 02, 2003
Well I read recently in a newspaper...
A security guard was found dead in the gym of Golden Sands 6.
I used to live there and I knew him. :\
What is really strange there is nothing in Gulf News about it.
I will try to find the article and post some more info.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat