ALL EXPATS READ THIS !!!!!!!! TRue OR NOT WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Topic locked
ALL EXPATS READ THIS !!!!!!!! TRue OR NOT WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Mar 03, 2005
i got this from a site somewhere.......

I'm sure many of you watched the recent taping of the Oprah Winfrey show where her guest was Tommy Hilfiger. On the show, she asked him if the statements about race he was accused of saying were true.

Statements like, “If I'd known African-Americans, Hispanics, Jewish and Asians would buy my clothes, I WOULD NOT have made them so nice. I wish these people would *NOT* buy my clothes, as they are made for upper class white people.”

His answer to Oprah was a simple, “YES”. Thereafter she immediately asked him to leave her show.

My suggestion? Don't buy your next shirt or perfume from Tommy Hilfiger. Let's give him what he asked for. Let's not buy his clothes, let's put him in a financial state where he himself will not be able to afford the ridiculous prices he puts on his clothes.

BOYCOTT. PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW.

UAQ 846 AM PINOY FM sa AM
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 04, 2005
If truth be known, I already Boycott him cos i have never, ever owned anything by him either designed or made. I just do NOT like his clothes!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 05, 2005
dam! that came as a shock i love his cloths and used to buy it all the time.

but doesnt he not want races and minorities to buy his cloths. so in my rebelious state i will do the opposite of what he wants and buy them! that should piss him off!
FAKESPIKE

Mar 05, 2005
ok instead of being a bimbo try to research more.
http://www.truthminers.com/truth/tommy_hilfiger.htm

its a hoax. there trying to ruin his rep. come on who would admit to something liek that in puplic think alittle man....
FAKESPIKE

Mar 05, 2005
yeah i did i just forgot to post it here yesterday .... we're apparently this is an old joke, and oprah did rebunk this allegations ,... we'll i did gave him the benefit of the doubt did i?? hehehehe i got the mail ,.. i was shocked ,.. but then again i would rather wear Marlboro Classics and RL though ...
UAQ 846 AM PINOY FM sa AM
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 05, 2005
if im not mistake this is the second time that this issue has been brought up here.
leila
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 13, 2005
ha ha ha.... this is another one of those wired stories that does the rounds and arseholes lik eyou fall for it.
The net is full of trash.... BTW... that story about George Bush eating babies.... thats true.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Hey Pinoy DJ Apr 10, 2005
I know this post doesn't belong in this thread. It's just that you may be the first pinoy i encountered in this forum.

I just got hired by an ad agency to be a writer and I will fly there by April 15. So I want to know what it's like for a pinoy to be there?

Comng from the Phils, I was offered a modest salary and I need to know if what the agency said was true: Can you afford all the basic necessities for only Dhs 2,500/month? that should include rent, food, and transpo. Because based on the posts I've read in the forum, it seems that Dhs 8,000 is the realistic monthly cost of living there.
kojidada
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Apr 12, 2005
Getting hired to be a slave? Well if you are 20 people in a studio flat, you could probably get by with that amount provided your Nissan Sunny is all paid for... $20 should cover the car.... :oops:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2005
Actually he is hardly a top class designer compared to Gucci, Prada and Armani but what I find strange is that his last campaign was an ad of a group of people, Asian, Black, White, etc

Why would he do that if he only wanted to sell to upper class whites? Plus he designs for younger people, my parents would not touch his Chav clothing.

He's really shot himself in the foot if this is true because I wouldn't dare wear his clothing as a white female if he has a sick attitude like that.

You just have to chalk it up to pure ignorance and yes if he indeed said that Boycott the creep!

Barbara
Barbs123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 30, 2005
WHat the hell is a Pinoy? Anyway, that is just BS about Tommy Hilfiger, but phuck him anyway! FUBU!!!!!!!
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

May 30, 2005
Pinoy = Philippino
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 31, 2005
Liban = Lebanese in Beirut and Proud. :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 17, 2005
fortunately
Adlane
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 25, 2005
Actually, Pinoy=Filipino and not Philippino (referring to someone from the Philippines)

As for the question "Can you afford all the basic necessities (in the Philippines) for only Dhs 2,500/month?", I did my math and yes that is more than enough... half of that may still be enough. FYI, the Philippines is rated 2nd in the world's least expensive countries. :wink:

As for Hilfiger, if it ain't true then good for him.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum