Marriage

Topic locked
Jun 20, 2006
Choco

What is wrong with woman cooking and taking care of the house, while man go to work to provide for the house?

Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 20, 2006
well this is going to get interesting
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 20, 2006
Lionheart wrote:Choco

What is wrong with woman cooking and taking care of the house, while man go to work to provide for the house?

In this day and age men should take equal responsibility for such things. Why should the woman be expected to work the entire day then come home and do all the housework and cooking as well? Where's your contribution?

FYI, my father does all the cooking in our house! And he's bloody good at it! As does my brother and my boyfriend, they are new age men who know it's important to take equal responsibility.

Also I can tell you of many men that are stay at home husbands, the wife goes off to work, the guy takes care of the kids etc.

Live in the now dude - not in the stone age! Men like you don't deserve to find a good woman and with an attitude like that - you won't!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 20, 2006
I like to cook. I take pleasure in seeing a smile on my wife's face after she has a good meal prepared by myself... :)

Then I order her to wash the dishes... :twisted:

OK, j/k we have a dishwasher...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
Like I said if my wife wants to work than I won't stop her from working,but at the same time I would prefer my wife to stay home and take care of the children, because that is how I was raised and that is our culture. A father can never raise children as good as mother.

I would love to cook for my wife..but unfortunately I only know how to cook rise, basta, beans and Eggs...
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 20, 2006
nice to see that by the 3rd page ppl softened a little bit and started to write real things. :)

ive been for too long a very much so new age woman. never conceived doing smthing for a man that could be qualified as serving/attending him.

after we met, somehow it just became the most normal thing that i would cook for him, clean up after him, etc. and guess what, he tells me "go clean the table and worry about the small work. the rest leave it to me. i dont want u to burn urself or broke ur nails" :)

i guess these kind of things make a relationship or marriage worth it.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 20, 2006
Lionheart wrote:Like I said if my wife wants to work than I won't stop her from working,but at the same time I would prefer my wife to stay home and take care of the children, because that is how I was raised and that is our culture. A father can never raise children as good as mother.

I would love to cook for my wife..but unfortunately I only know how to cook rise, basta, beans and Eggs...

Who cares about how you were raised? You have your own mind don't you? Go and take some cookery lessons or at least buy a book and learn how to make some proper food, it's hardly brain surgery.

Your attitude is just lazy! Plus what a load of crap that mothers raise children better, look at all the single fathers out there single handedly rasing their children. Do you see them whining and complaining.

I think you just can't be bothered, you want a girlfriend or wife to be like your mummy and take care of you - well here's a NEWS FLASH no girl likes a mummy's boy!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 20, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Like I said if my wife wants to work than I won't stop her from working,but at the same time I would prefer my wife to stay home and take care of the children, because that is how I was raised and that is our culture. A father can never raise children as good as mother.

Who cares about how you were raised? You have your own mind don't you? Go and take some cookery lessons or at least buy a book and learn how to make some proper food, it's hardly brain surgery.

Your attitude is just lazy! Plus what a load of crap that mothers raise children better, look at all the single fathers out there single handedly rasing their children. Do you see them whining and complaining.

I think you just can't be bothered, you want a girlfriend or wife to be like your mummy and take care of you - well here's a NEWS FLASH no girl likes a mummy's boy!

whoas! :lol:
Nick81

Jun 20, 2006
Well lets face it Lionheart hardly comes across as a manly man now does he - woosy!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

locked up.. Jun 20, 2006
I can see now why people may be reluctant to make posts....

Can i ask you a question chocs, that is NOT intended to upset you....what do you do for a living...?

I bet you were on the debating team at school! lol
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:

Choco.. I think femenist like you will demand your husband to birth next time.."like that movie junior".

News Flash every man loves his mother more than anyone...off course you want your wife to resemble in attitude, behavior your mother.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 20, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well lets face it Lionheart hardly comes across as a manly man now does he - woosy!

Again I take it as complement..I mean not everyday will you see a femenist calling a man wuzzy... :lol:
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 20, 2006
Lionheart wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

Choco.. I think femenist like you will demand your husband to birth next time.."like that movie junior".

News Flash every man loves his mother more than anyone...off course you want your wife to resemble in attitude, behavior your mother.

This is truly bizarre .... I love my father to bits but I wudn't want to marry someone who resembles him .... maybe because I have a mind of my own .... and I know that with my lover, partner, best friend I'd want a different relationship
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 20, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:

This is truly bizarre .... I love my father to bits but I wudn't want to marry someone who resembles him .... maybe because I have a mind of my own .... and I know that with my lover, partner, best friend I'd want a different relationship

Why is bizarre to marry someone who resemblace your mom in attitude and behavior....
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 21, 2006
Please let me watch the eng game! :evil:
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: locked up.. Jun 21, 2006
thorntonashley wrote:I can see now why people may be reluctant to make posts....

Can i ask you a question chocs, that is NOT intended to upset you....what do you do for a living...?

Not telling! And no actually, I;m making up for lost time being the timid quiet one who always sat at the back and never said a word.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2006
There's something really creepy about wanting a husband or wife who's like you parents, it's actually kinda gross.

Yes I am a bit of a feminist, but I like my men to be men, with a gentle side too of course, but I can't stand blokes which won't stand up for themselves and get stuck in with stuff or help out, that's just wrong.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:There's something really creepy about wanting a husband or wife who's like you parents, it's actually kinda gross.

Yes I am a bit of a feminist, but I like my men to be men, with a gentle side too of course, but I can't stand blokes which won't stand up for themselves and get stuck in with stuff or help out, that's just wrong.

If you want man to be man than let your man work and bring home the money while you take care of the children.. afterall that is how it has always been..man going of to work, war, hunting and woman taking care of the children and the home... :lol:

Choco I think the perfect match for you would be a bedouin Arab...
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 21, 2006
Wrong again! Try telling that to some tribes around the world where the women are and have always been the hunter gatherers.

You're such a chauvanist!

I don't wait on any man! It's an equal partnership, or did you forget that point.

Plus I have no intention of ever having children, no thanks! Certainly wouldn't want to bring any into this messed up world.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: locked up.. Jun 21, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:
thorntonashley wrote:I can see now why people may be reluctant to make posts....

Not telling! And no actually, I;m making up for lost time being the timid quiet one who always sat at the back and never said a word.

I think i know now anyway...... educated guess and all!
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2006
In that case please keep it to yourself for obvious reasons.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:In that case please keep it to yourself for obvious reasons.

Naturally !
thorntonashley
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 21, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Wrong again! Try telling that to some tribes around the world where the women are and have always been the hunter gatherers.

You're such a chauvanist!

I don't wait on any man! It's an equal partnership, or did you forget that point.

Plus I have no intention of ever having children, no thanks! Certainly wouldn't want to bring any into this messed up world.

this is just sad... Good thing not everyone share your viewpoint on life or we'd be extinct!
It's very easy to just turn your back on what's happening in the world and give up. Just please, do tell me what you experienced in life to have this attitude? Where are you from?
Nick81

Jun 21, 2006
I agree with Nick, if the mum's of all the great people who came to this world and created positive change thought like you.. we would be either extinct, or still living in caves.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Marriage Jun 21, 2006
xibit wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:Okay I know already others opened threads about related marriage issues, I'm just curious to know what marriage means to YOU?????

-- Care to share your thoughts.....
.: okay I'll start....

** Marriage means:-

- Understanding: the other person, knowing that life with him/her isn't always going to be all roses & crooning birds. there're always things to spice up!

- Trust: thats a big thing & if it isn't there, then no success I guess!

- Responsibility: knowing how to make life easier for your partner & always cooperate with each other, being able to count on your partner. Marriage is no game to kick!

- Forgiving: We're human & no one is perfect, we all commit mistakes, yeah.

- Discuss: Always discuss things, fighting & swearing won't make things any better.

I think these are the basic things, that a person should have in mind when thinking of getting married.... just an opinion!

I never thought about marriage, but now that u r mentioning these points i think we should keep all of this stuff in mind be4 marrying

Oooo good hope that was a USEFUL info for ya there ;)
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

DaveDXB wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:Okay I know already others opened threads about related marriage issues, I'm just curious to know what marriage means to YOU?????

- Understanding: the other person, knowing that life with him/her isn't always going to be all roses & crooning birds. there're always things to spice up!

- Responsibility: knowing how to make life easier for your partner & always cooperate with each other, being able to count on your partner. Marriage is no game to kick!

- Discuss: Always discuss things, fighting & swearing won't make things any better.

I think these are the basic things, that a person should have in mind when thinking of getting married.... just an opinion!

you sound exactly liek the ideal girl i hope to meet....
before i say "will you marry" would you consider etc etc PM me :roll:

-laughs- dude "I'm not easy" :P :D & I WARN ya I'm crazy :P
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 21, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:
PrettyPenny wrote:Hmmm ... interesting one! What marriage means to me:

1) No more ME time
2) No privacy
3) More responsibility
4) In-Laws
5) Less romance/More Work

"Single and LOVING it!"

oh yeah u said uh huh single dude... lovin it, I understand your point there!!!!!!
u just haven't met the right girl yet

the one that'll make u change all of your goals ;)

I am female Sara ... and straight :lol:

awwwww excuse my ignorance.... baby girl :lol:
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 21, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:
Liban wrote:For a man being married means the following (as per personal experience):

1) Home cooked meals
2) Clean villa
3) Pressed clothes
4) Someone to flick the channels on the remote for you
5) Drinks on demand
6) Extra income

oowww good to know what Liban thinks!! 8)

i wonder if Ms. Liban Knows how he thinks ??? :twisted: :twisted:

awww God lol He be in hell :lol: :lol:
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Honestly...you are such a boring gal.... Please dont keep on writing non sense topic in this forum..FOR GOD SAKE MY DARLING!!!!!! :x :x

janet67
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Honestly...you are such a boring gal.... Please dont keep on writing non sense topic in this forum..FOR GOD SAKE MY DARLING!!!!!!
janet67
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance