What Do You Think About Kia?

Topic locked
What do you think about Kia? Jun 20, 2006
Hi guys what do you think about Kia. I am a dealer (Thats a Motor Dealer) in the UK and want a bit of an Idea what people generally think about the Brand? Is the brand percieved as being good, ok or bad? I have been promoting the brand in South Wales over the last few years as British perception was not all that good (The idea of a cheap reliable car was out of the reach of most people. including me). Now I belive the brand has improved 100% cars are better, designs more modern and after sales has improved greatly. What do you guys think?

watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 20, 2006
From personal driving experience - sub par. Never owned one so can't comment with regards to value over time.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
Kia like in the UK are considered utter crap.

The same as Hyundai and Proton etc. If you want to drive Jap, Nissan and Toyota rule in dubai
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 20, 2006
How do you think perceptions can be changed. I have experienced many different cars in my time in the trade. Kia has impressed me probably the most. This is not a performance thing or a quality thing it is the clear difference in what I percieved the brand to be and the realisation of what the brand actually was. My perception before I was envolved with the mark was one of distention. I have run a Mercedes ML270CDI and I think the build quality on the Kia Sorento I currently run is much better and certainly the Merc was not worthy of it high price tag. I cant comment on Hyundai or Proton but I think Kia has something to offer many people.
watkinssound
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 20, 2006
Watkins, I'd say that Kia is probably facing resistance and negative image from customers similar to the perception of Toyota in its infancy.

Give them a couple of years to get their act in order and with a competitive pricing policy together with a strong warrantee, Korean and Chinese automobile brands will be big names in the world market
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 20, 2006
No matter what people say. Kia has good build quality and good value.

Now as for resale, perception rules. Therefore it has currently a bad resale. But Japanese cars had very bad resale when they first came into the US market for example. Look at them now :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
Liban that is the Canadian in you speaking, Kia Sorento's are ranked right up there in the Canadian SUV market alongside with the Honda pilot/x-terra, etc.

but the perception here is they are low end, but as you all say perception can change.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jun 21, 2006
fayz wrote:Liban that is the Canadian in you speaking, Kia Sorento's are ranked right up there in the Canadian SUV market alongside with the Honda pilot/x-terra, etc.

Really? :shock:

I thought they were lower end. I never use to see many of those in Montreal's rust bucket filled streets...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 21, 2006
well i should qualify in the western part they are, i'm from Canada not Montreal like you :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously from what i noticed they were quite sought after.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto