Imagine This Happening To You.

Topic locked
Imagine this happening to you. Mar 05, 2005
One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying submachine guns. One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are."

Immediately, the choir fled,the deacons fled, and most of the congregation fled. Out of the 2,000 there only remained around 20.

The man who had spoken took off his hood, looked at the preacher and said "Okay Pastor, I got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!" And the two men turned and walked out.

*Too deep not to pass on...

*Funny how simple it is for people to trash God .. and then wonder why the world is in the condition it is today..

*Funny how we believe what the newspapers say,but question what the Bible says.

* Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.

* Funny or is it scary?

* Funny how someone can say "I believe in God" but still follow Satan.

*Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

*Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyber space, but the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and work place.

*Funny, isn't it? Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

*Are you laughing?

* Funny how when you go to forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they
believe, or what they will think of you for sending it
to them.

* Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me.

* Are you thinking? Will you share this with people you care about? Or not?

sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 13, 2005
Nice story!!! The best way to know whos who.

Cheers!!!
Megabytes2004
:D
megabytes2004
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 24, 2005
I would have ran too.
I am sure Jesus don't need me to shield him. hehe...
Sometimes you have to ask yourself...."If I die now...will I in anyway help the kingdom?"
If the answer is no...RUN. Save your life for when it means something to give it up for Jesus.

What Sweet Mary say is so true.
Many call themselves Christians but are not. I thought I was a Christian for 10 years...
Only recently did I find out I have finally become one.
I am now a 6 month old Christian.

You know you are a Christian when your heart aches thinking of what Jesus went through for you.
You know you are a Christian when you become extremely sensitive to sin.
You know you are a Christian when your favourite topic is Jesus.
You know you are a Christian when you want nothing more then to lead more to Christ.
You know you are a Christian when your heart tells you so...not your brain...not your new middle name that the priest gave you....not when you have finished the bible 10 times......not when you are baptised with water......not when you can effectively quote the Bible.....especially not when you love this world.

Christians are aliens to this world....we do not belong here.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 26, 2005
yeah it's true. Life here on earth is just a temporary dwelling. This is just a trust, a test and temporary assigment. We must be delightful for the eternal home, the greatest promise...
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 31, 2005
i'm going off the topic here...but for those who live in dubai...where'd you live? is there a fellowship you attend? i'm moving up mid-april and would like to get some info before-hand.
krush
Dubai Forum User

Mar 31, 2005
I am part of the Fellowship of the Ring.... DOH!!! :twisted:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 06, 2005
Jebel Ali Village (DECC) Salaam Hall at 3pm Friday.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 04, 2005
I would have said "Phuck that!" Then started pushing over all the old ladies in an attempt to get out.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 22, 2005
me too. There ain´t no god, but I have met Satan numerous times....great freaking dude. :twisted:
Dickagain
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 24, 2005
don't talk rubbish.
you DO NOT WANT TO MEET HIM.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 24, 2005
Yeah but most people have already crossed paths or had to fight of his demons or jinn....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2005
Satan is fun, but he drinks all the beer and never gives you your lighter back.....theiving bastard!!! Does anyone thing Satan could be a woman...it makes sense :wink:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jul 25, 2005
abs wrote:I would have ran too.
I am sure Jesus don't need me to shield him. hehe...
Sometimes you have to ask yourself...."If I die now...will I in anyway help the kingdom?"
If the answer is no...RUN. Save your life for when it means something to give it up for Jesus.

What Sweet Mary say is so true.
Many call themselves Christians but are not. I thought I was a Christian for 10 years...
Only recently did I find out I have finally become one.
I am now a 6 month old Christian.

You know you are a Christian when your heart aches thinking of what Jesus went through for you.
You know you are a Christian when you become extremely sensitive to sin.
You know you are a Christian when your favourite topic is Jesus.
You know you are a Christian when you want nothing more then to lead more to Christ.
You know you are a Christian when your heart tells you so...not your brain...not your new middle name that the priest gave you....not when you have finished the bible 10 times......not when you are baptised with water......not when you can effectively quote the Bible.....especially not when you love this world.

Christians are aliens to this world....we do not belong here.

very well said and I admire you.
kyle
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 25, 2005
first of all ,,, if this happened to me ,, i would have 100000% run away,,, secondly ,,, i dont think that Jesus would do such a thing or even ask someone to do so , his message was wider than to speak only to decent ppl ,,, you cant distinguish the hypocrites this way ,,, at the end we are human ,, and we may experience some moments of weakness ,,,, we sometimes forget ,,, and this is a blessing from god ,, coz if you are not able to forget sometimes ,, you will get crazy ,, ok ,, i am not christian but i am speaking in general ,, for example look , at those who are bombing themselves ,, so-called muslims ,, i am a muslim ,, but i would never think of bombing myself among civilians ,, if its a war ,, ok ,, i dont know ,, but i will fight ,, but what i mean is that those bombers ,, just got to this coz of ( not - forgetting ) for only a moment ,, so they got crazy ,,,

and one more thing ,, you cant be 100% if those 20 ppl who stayed there would have stayed if the guy with the gun gave some bullets in the air ,, maybe there would have remained arround 5 ,, and even those 5 may have ran away if he has pointed the gun to their heads ,,, maybe their were paralised out of fear ,, i dont know

and by the way ,, this preast ,,, mmm,, i dont know ,, maybe he was not so self confident ,, so he didnt want anybody to give comments or ask him about something that he doesnt know , that is why he wanted most of ppl there to get out , looooooooool
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 25, 2005
abs wrote:Christians are aliens to this world....we do not belong here.

Let's throw these infidels out of the earth :lol: Joking.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 26, 2005
Oi you two, that's highly offensive and uncalled for!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 31, 2005
sniper420 wrote:
abs wrote:Christians are aliens to this world....we do not belong here.

Let's throw these infidels out of the earth :lol: Joking.

this is juz a temporary dwelling, what we have here is a trust, a test and temporary assignment.
sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2005
HI all,

Are there any chatholics around.....can you tell me if ther eare any gatherings for chatholics in dubai.
dill
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums