Crazy Laws Of NYC

Topic locked
Crazy Laws of NYC Jun 14, 2006
i saw this in a website. it really made me laugh.
hope to make someone smile today!

New York
• A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
• A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
• A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream cone in his/her pocket.
• Before the enactment of the 1978 law that made it mandatory for dog owners in New York City to clean up after their pets, approximately 40 million pounds of dog excrement were deposited on the streets every year.
• Carmel: A man can't go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
• Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".
• Donkeys are not allowed to sleep in bathtubs in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
• In Carmel, N.Y., a man can't go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
• In Greene, New York, During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
• In New York, you can teach your pet parrot to speak, but not to squawk.
• In New York City you need a permit to transport carbonated beverages.
• In New York City it is illegal for a man to give 'The Standard Lear' to a woman. Violators are forced to wear horse blinders.
• In New York City, it's illegal to throw swill into the street.
• In New York City it's illegal to shake a dust mop out a window.
• In New York State it is still illegal to shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley car.
• In Ocean City, New York It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle.
• In Ocean City New York, It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.
• In Staten Island, New York, It is illegal for a father to call his son a "faggot" or "queer" in an effort to curb "girlie behavior."
• In Staten Island, New York, You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.
• In Tonawanda, New York homeless people may not start a fire in the park unless they intend to cook food.
• It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
• It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing."
• It is illegal to jump off the Empire State building.
• It's illegal in New York to start any kind of public performance, show, play, game or what have you, until after 1:05 p.m.
• Jaywalking is legal, as long as it's not diagonal. That is, you can cross the street out of the crosswalk, but you can't cross a street diagonally.
• Members of nine New York Indian tribes are exempt from the city's eight percent parking tax.
• New York and a handful of other states require that toilets be evenly divided among men and women in public theaters or arenas.
• New York: Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers". It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing." You may not smoke within 100 feet of the entrance to a public building. Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
• New York City may be the theater capital of the country, but it's illegal to have a puppet show in your window and a violation can land you in the snoozer for 30 days.
• New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it.
• Ocean City: It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle. It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.
• Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 P.M.
• Staten Island: You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand. It is illegal for a father to call his son a "faggot" or "queer" in an effort to curb "girlie behavior."
• The New York City Transit Authority has ruled that women can ride the city subways topless. New York law dictates that if a man can be somewhere without a shirt, a woman gets the same right. The decision came after arrests of women testing the ordinance on the subways. A transit police spokesman said they would comply with the new rule, but "if they were violating any other rules, like sitting on a subway bench topless smoking a cigarette, then we would take action." Smoking is not allowed in the subways.
• The New York State Senate passed a resolution to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Brooklyn Dodgers' 1955 world championship and expressed a longing that someday the Dodgers will return to "their one and only true home."
• The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
• To cut down on its once-horrific graffiti problem, New York City several years ago made it illegal to carry an open can of spray paint.
• While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
• Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
• You may not smoke within 100 feet of the entrance to a public building.
• You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand

:lol: :lol: :lol:

d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Re: Crazy Laws of NYC Jun 14, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.

o, cmon! I did that all the time!
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

A64Venice wrote:
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.

o, cmon! I did that all the time!

did?? ...hehehe.i still do :P
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Is it illegal to mention the name of Osma ben laden?
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

HP wrote:Is it illegal to mention the name of Osma ben laden?

Apparently its not written there…NOW IS IT ??
How could you be so dumb
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Jun 14, 2006
No, but it is illegal to say bomb on a plane. :shock:
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 14, 2006
better change it to crazy laws of the world :lol:

In Michigan, a man legally owns his wife's hair.
In California, animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school or place of worship. :shock: and in what language r they informed? :lol:
In Texas, it's illegal to put graffiti on someone else's cow
It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on in North Dakota.
In Logan County, Colorado, it's illegal for a man to kiss a woman while she's asleep.
France:No pig may be addressed as Napoleon by its owner. :roll:
Switzerland:It is illegal to flush the toilet after 10 P.M. if you live in an apartment.

and here r some arab "delicatesse"

Most Middle Eastern countries recognize the following Islamic law: "After having sexual relations with a lamb, it is a mortal sin to eat its flesh."

In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death.

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.
:shock: :shock:

well, feel free to continue :lol: :lol: :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 14, 2006
A64Venice wrote:No, but it is illegal to say bomb on a plane. :shock:

HP get on a plane and say you have a bomb :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2006
Liban wrote:
A64Venice wrote:No, but it is illegal to say bomb on a plane. :shock:

HP get on a plane and say you have a bomb :lol:

i ll say that ......................i was saying " bobs" :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 15, 2006
It is illegal to pee in the lake of Arniegang .

It is illegal to start riots at Dubai religion forum.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 15, 2006
laws r made to be broken :D

and religious or not, i have not seen any decent fight in the FC since im here :(
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 15, 2006
HP wrote:It is illegal to pee in the lake of Arniegang.

Its only legal to shit in the lake.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2006
raidah wrote:laws r made to be broken :D

and religious or not, i have not seen any decent fight in the FC since im here :(

GOOD Lord raidah!!! U havent seen any? I guess u didnt read the archives......I used to have fight with old gang bang, Liban, ISH , Jamal. Escobar, and the list goes on..........I am tamed rite now but not for long........somebody is provoking moi and BHAM........rivers of hot swearing lava will flow in FC.....

BTW do u guys mind if I open adult section in FC? u know some naughty turn ons at times is good:roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2006
those new york laws wouldnt b applied today though! although i do know some good ones:

although the u.k. has abolished the death penalty, high treason is still a hangable offence.

in york is a street which is the shortest street with the longest name - it is still legal for a man to take his wife their an whip her for nagging him.

on a certain day of the year, a man from york can sit on the wall of the city and shoot a welshman with a bow and arrow, but only through the eye.

if someone breaks into your house and is upstairs, you are allowed to kill them, because it is seen as an attack on your life.

us crazy brits
dave_w_uk
Dubai Forum User

Jun 18, 2006
Liban wrote:
HP wrote:It is illegal to pee in the lake of Arniegang.

Its only legal to shit in the lake.

I wouldnt mind pissing in it either. :D
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 18, 2006
dave_w_uk wrote:those new york laws wouldnt b applied today though! although i do know some good ones:

although the u.k. has abolished the death penalty, high treason is still a hangable offence.

in york is a street which is the shortest street with the longest name - it is still legal for a man to take his wife their an whip her for nagging him.

on a certain day of the year, a man from york can sit on the wall of the city and shoot a welshman with a bow and arrow, but only through the eye.

if someone breaks into your house and is upstairs, you are allowed to kill them, because it is seen as an attack on your life.

us crazy brits

Hmm...sort of correct on a couple there Dave!

An Englishman may shoot a Scotsman on the streets of York, but only with a bow and arrow!

An Englishman may also shoot a Welshman on the streets of Hereford with a bow and arrow, but only on a sunday!

...and killing someone in your house is not allowed no matter what floor they are on! "You may use only sufficient force as is neccessary to defend your life..." Tell that to the guy in Essex who blew away the two guys who broke into his house for the 3rd time...they locked him up and let one of the bloody pikeys go free! Where's the jsutice in that?

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 19, 2006
lmfao, although i dnt agree with him goin to jail, he did shoot the guy in the back!
dave_w_uk
Dubai Forum User

Jun 19, 2006
dave_w_uk wrote:lmfao, although i dnt agree with him goin to jail, he did shoot the guy in the back!

Thats cos the bugger was off across his lawn carrying the guys TV! I would have done the same but tried to make sure I gor him in the arse!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

truth is finally out! Jun 21, 2006
well...a better reason for me NOT to travel to the US. i knew they were serious nut cases, no one believed me!

HA...in your face whoever rediculed me when i said new yorkers are a bunch of aliens..i hope this list proves it!
brutal-romance
Dubai Forums Member

Re: truth is finally out! Jun 21, 2006
brutal-romance wrote:well...a better reason for me NOT to travel to the US. i knew they were serious nut cases, no one believed me!

HA...in your face whoever rediculed me when i said new yorkers are a bunch of aliens..i hope this list proves it!

It sounds like you deserved to be ridiculed
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Crazy Laws of NYC Jun 21, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.

now that's what i'm talking about.
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

Re: truth is finally out! Jun 21, 2006
Concord wrote:
brutal-romance wrote:well...a better reason for me NOT to travel to the US. i knew they were serious nut cases, no one believed me!

It sounds like you deserved to be ridiculed

lol....hehehe..do wht u want..i always tell her NYC is a good place to go..n when i posted this..i never knew she was going to read this..

LOL..ONE DAY BRUTAL..IM GOING TO DRAG U THERE!! .... :twisted:
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat