Admin/Reception Job For Partner

Topic locked
Admin/Reception job for partner Jun 14, 2006
I am thinking of moving to Dubai in the next three months. I will be bringing my wife who will be looking for work when we arrive.

Can anyone tell me how hard it would be for her to find a job. She is English speaking only and is 25 years old. She would looking at a basic admin or receptionist office job. We are currently in the UK

Also how much could she expect to earn in this role and what would be included. I've searched on various sites and cannot get even a rough figure.

Thanks for your help. :D

XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 15, 2006
she will get a job easily, but she will find 2 things

1/ the money will be an insult

2/ NO benefits.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 15, 2006
Thanks for the reply. How much do you think it would be possible to earn? Would there really be no benefits at all?

She is currently working as a recruitment consultant but wants to get away from the hard sales environment.

Thanks again.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 15, 2006
If the employer knows your wife is on your visa etc etc etc then you would be looking at very low pay in comparrison.
arniegang

Jun 15, 2006
Well were not married yet and we are thinking of postponing it due to me having to move out there so quickly. So technically she may not be able to go onto my visa.

Where would she stand then if she wasn't able to use my visa. Could she still get a job easlily?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 15, 2006
she will only be able to stay 60 days before having to leave and renew her visa.

To stay with a visa she would need to find a job with an employer to "sponsor" her.

Also without benefits as you are not married she will be shafted if she needs medical treatment etc.
arniegang

Jun 15, 2006
Ok I'm aware of the Visa situation but would she be able to find a job with a company looking to supply the Visa for this type of position.

Can you pay for medical separately?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 15, 2006
Medical is very expensive. If say had a car accident it would be enough to bankrupt you.

Yes she could apply for a job over there and find an employer to sponsor her, but as you stated she wanted admin/receptionish this sort of job would attract an extemely low wage ( about £200-300 a month for 45 hours). This sort of position would be filled by cheap labour.

Unless she has a professional qualification/Degree etc then she has very few options i'm affraid.
arniegang

Jun 15, 2006
Thanks for all your help.

In regards medical cover I was referring to paying for an insurance policy - not paying when medical treatment is required.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Jobs in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Jobs in Dubai