Cost Help

Topic locked
Cost help Jun 11, 2006
Hi people. I would like to get some information on the current average MODEST living costs?

Based on a monthly basis including the expected outgoings on rent on a one or two bedroom place, bills a car, etc etc. Just to give me a rough idea!?

I see there is already information on this, but I would like to envisage the current times' costs.

Many thanks

Richie
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 12, 2006
Can you confirm what this 10000 AED would cover please?
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 12, 2006
Use the search function newbies and stop wasting our time....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
Liban - I've been watching a few of your posts and find your replies to be very arrogant and unhelpful. I have been searching on this forum for a few weeks now and there are many posts on this subject all stating different info. All I wanted was clarification from DAVEDXB on his reply.

I have refrained from posting a question on this topic as I didn't want to add to all of the other similar threads.

Nobody has asked for your input - and if it is wasting your time then don't reply! The reason I hooked onto this thread was that it was the most straight to the point - general question. All other posts seem to be personalised to their circumstances and job role.

Yes many people do not search - but rest assured I am no newbie to forums, the rules and people like you. I suggest you stay away from threads that "waste your time" and direct your childish attitude to the other mundane threads you enjoy wasting your time on.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 12, 2006
Newbie you will incur the wrath of the DFM if you do not control yourself....

Young grasshopper.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2006
OK, now the moderator part of me command people to play nice :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 13, 2006
Liban wrote:Use the search function newbies and stop wasting our time....

You sound like a pleasant person! :roll:
Richie
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 13, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol:
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 13, 2006
Ok - now that this thread is open again I was hoping that someone could help in answering my question.

<inimum salary u need to JUST SURVIVE a normal life with the minimal requirments would be atleast 10,000 AED / monthly

What would this 10K cover. The reason I am asking and I know there are plenty of questions like this on here is that I have been offered a position in Dubai and I need to start thinking about salary packages. I am on £25K in the UK and am looking at what I should be offered. I have looked at many threads and it is very hard to judge this if you are new to it. I am a project manager currently in the UK.

I understand that I should be looking at covering, base salary, housing, medical and car, but I am not sure how much is usually given or what I should be asking for?

Thanks for your help and time. :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 13, 2006
the bottom line is your UK salary should equal UAE salary, plus all the benefits on top.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 13, 2006
Thanks very much :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 13, 2006
DaveDXB wrote:UK = UAE salary?
that will never work Arnie.
The market prices vary here and there...

The lifestyle vary here and there...

In dubai, u get paid alot, but u use 90% of that money on living expenses.

In my country. we get paid less, but our living expenses are low, since we grow our own food (farm)etc.

Then if this is the case as you think, then apart from working in another country what the hell would be the point of taking a salary decrease.

You either come to Dubai to make money or you come to dubai to survive.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 13, 2006
Great - I'm confused again now :(
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 13, 2006
don't listen to those who view monetary compensation as the sole reason to come to dubai.

i am getting paid the exact same amount i would have if i'd decided to continue working in the states. Why would i come all the way here for that?

1) Experience - dubai is booming and everyone around the world knows it. there has been tremendous interest in the country and when I eventually go back to Canada, it will be recognized work experience.

2) Growth - precisely due to the boom, there are many more opportunities for growth within companies here. Expats come and go, leaving high turnover for us "non-expat" package holders to exploit.

so yeah, as long as you make reasonable money make sure to weigh these factors in. having said all that, i don't think 10K is enough, more like 15K will do you well.
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 30, 2006
Hi guys...another newbie here. Please...please don't flame me here :wink:

Need to check on a few things:
i) what's the minimum expected employment package?
ii) pre-school cost (as I've a 3 yr old kid)?
iii) I'm an accountant with about 6 years experience, what sort of salary should I expect?

Some recruiter from Dubai will be interviewing me in a couple of weeks. Need some feedback. Thanks in advance.
beaujarle
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum