Coming To Dubai Next Week Need Help On A Few Things

Topic locked
Coming To Dubai Next Week Need help on a few things Jun 07, 2006
Hi how u doin people i am comin to Dubai next week from the UK and i need some help if u dont mind.

1) I would like to no wat kind of socket in the wall dubai use so i can bring my mobile fone and camera to charge in the wall socket i will need to by a conversion adapter before i come but how many pins do u guys use there and could u show me a a pic of it if you can.

2) I would like to no wear i can buy hip hop clothin such as G-Unit (50 cents clothing company) clothing in dubai what shop/mall has them and the address of the place thanx.

3) Me and my family would love to go quad biking in Dubai could you tell me were i can go quad biking and ride sand dune buggys. If it is possible could some one give me the name and address of the placee were i can go quad biking and maby a website of the place thanx.

PLZ CAN SUM 1 HELP

THANX ALOT BYEEEE :D

q121
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Coming To Dubai Next Week Need help on a few things Jun 07, 2006
1) I would like to no wat kind of socket in the wall dubai use so i can bring my mobile fone and camera to charge in the wall socket i will need to by a conversion adapter before i come but how many pins do u guys use there and could u show me a a pic of it if you can.

I am pretty sure this was mentioned here before you should have searched. But its Type G

2) I would like to no wear i can buy hip hop clothin such as G-Unit (50 cents clothing company) clothing in dubai what shop/mall has them and the address of the place thanx.

sorry cant help you there, but i know there is a FUBU in Riyadh, havent seen one in Dubai though. I am pretty sure you will find what you want in City Center or Mall of the Emirates.

3) Me and my family would love to go quad biking in Dubai could you tell me were i can go quad biking and ride sand dune buggys. If it is possible could some one give me the name and address of the placee were i can go quad biking and maby a website of the place thanx.

From Interchange 1 on Shk. Zayed Road go towards Hatta, past Emirates Road, through the big roundabout and past the soccer ground on the right, keep driving until you see the big dune on your left about 50 kms ( I'm guessing here) from Dubai. Opposite the dune on the right hand side of the road you can ride the Quad bikes in the desert. (You'll see the flags). But if you are coming in the summer i would really think hard about this before i go. [/img]
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
You have gone mad MaaaD-nicest pic we have seen on here for a while-should be made into a sticky. It doesn't matter what socket u have anyway because all supermarkets have cheap adaptors so no big deal.

Best bet as far as clothing goes would be the big malls like Mall of the Emirates or Ibn Battutta which have heaps of shops catering to different styles.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 08, 2006
cheers for the both replies thanx alot appreciate it but u guys dont no were i cna get Hip hop clothing from ???
q121
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 08, 2006
maybe one of our rap star wannabes ISH or Jamal can get out of the ashes and answer your question
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
You will find what you need in Mall of Emirates. I haven't seen any authentic G Unit clothing stores here but Baby Phat label is here.

As for quad biking... people seem to enjoy doing that on the roads here too.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
I haven't seen many "homies" in Dubai.... Not sure where you can get ghetto style clothing....

But I do enjoy laughing at people wearing those clothes... Looks like you shitted in your pants when wearimg them :)

Also like the XXXL sized t-shirts you wear, makes you look droopy and apish when you walk....

Sorry dude, I just am in a silly mood today...

Also, I gotta commend you on your awesome English spelling skills.... Goes to show the high calibre of UK schooling :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Coming To Dubai Next Week Need help on a few things Jun 08, 2006
q121 wrote:3) Me and my family would love to go quad biking in Dubai could you tell me were i can go quad biking and ride sand dune buggys. If it is possible could some one give me the name and address of the placee were i can go quad biking and maby a website of the place thanx.

I've also seen a place on the Emirates Road on the right just after Sharjah as you're heading towards Ras Al Khaimah.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 08, 2006
Liban wrote:Also, I gotta commend you on your awesome English spelling skills.... Goes to show the high calibre of UK schooling :)

Indeed :shock: ...

Liban wrote:when wearimg them

Liban wrote:If you're English skills were beyond KG level

you're :?:
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 08, 2006
SMS txt is d nw Eng!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Coming to dubai Jun 08, 2006
q121:

My son bought hip hop stuff like G-unit close in Karama. The name of the store: VEGAS. You won't miss it!
Anne Duff
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 08, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:SMS txt is d nw Eng!

Wel it sux 2 mch....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Coming to dubai Jun 08, 2006
Anne Duff wrote:q121:

My son bought hip hop stuff like G-unit close in Karama. The name of the store: VEGAS. You won't miss it!

Yes, if you want knock offs Karama is the place to be!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
If you want the DFM to knock you off, Karama is the place to be....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 08, 2006
Liban wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:SMS txt is d nw Eng!

Wel it sux 2 mch....

u iz wkd - nuff rspct
the_zooter