Rental Accommodation Prices

Topic locked
Rental Accommodation Prices Feb 01, 2005
I'm looking at moving to Dubai and would like to get a feel for the cost of accommodation - I'm after a furnished one bedroom apartment... can you give me an approximate range please (in US$ or local currency)? and the preferred locations? I am a 28 yr old single Australian female, so am seeking something safe and relatively well located.

Caro_Online76

Feb 01, 2005
It seems that no one wants to harass you, maybe the others are on vacation or something so...

In regards to the rent prices i'm sorry i can't be of any help. however the prices are a far sight cheaper than a furnished pad in Sydney.
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 01, 2005
What a * you are Glory :roll:
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 01, 2005
who edited my stuff? it was tasteful, such a touchy bunch.

Feb 01, 2005
thats me up there
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 01, 2005
Ok, I will try and give you a rought guide, it may be a little bit expensive but I do not believe in living in squalour.

Bur Dubai:
Studio Apartment: circa dhs.40-45,000 per year (will include pool, gym, security and undercover parking
1 Bedroom Apartment: circa dhs.50-55,000 per year (ditto)
2 bedroom Apartment: circa dhs.60-65,000 per year (ditto)

None of these will be furnished although there might be one or two kitchen appliances incl.

Bur Deira:
As above but maybe 10-15% cheaper.

Serviced Apartments (Studios) are not a bad way to start off if you have nowhere to stay, but could set you back dhs.5-6,500 per month.

If I was you, i would try and find someone to share with. if you can do that, then the best thing to do would be to rent a Villa. 3 bed villas can be rented for around 60-65,000 per year.

Prices in Dubai for rented accommodation is going up monthly.

Going to live in Sharja is cheaper, but one hell of a traffic jam to get into Dubai.

To furnish your apartment you will need circa dhs25-30,000 (thats everything, except those womanly touches)

Hope this has helped, and if you find something cheaper, please let me know! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Disclosure: I do not work in the Renting business nor do i work for a letting Agent. I have been looking for 3 months!

If you want a bit more info, check out the classifieds in www.gulfnews.com
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 02, 2005
Great info yorky!!!!

Glory read forum rules :wink:

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

THANK You Yorky500 Feb 02, 2005
:D
Yorky500: thank you so much for taking the time to reply with such useful info. I am most appreciative.
It looks like the company I have applied for is prepared to put something together for me - it is great to have an idea of the value of this in terms of salary etc.
Thank you so much again... should I be successful, I will likely have more questions - I look forward to chatting again at that stage.
:D
Caro_Online76

Feb 03, 2005
No sweat, anytime.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 03, 2005
:lol: u trying hard man
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 05, 2005
HA, hark at you. I bet you learned some thing from that as well! :lol: :lol: :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 06, 2005
Yorky ,,, I have been living here for the last freaking 23 years ..can u enlighten me on where "BUR DEIRA " is ?? hehehehhehee
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 06, 2005
LOL

thats the new part of town where business bay is coming up.

Bur Deira :)
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Feb 06, 2005
Thank God for dubai forums ,, i would have never known ... and yorky too!
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Feb 06, 2005
bur deira loooool i cracked up. nice one mate.
you would have to be on the bridge to be at bur diera man lol. there selling hunts there for 55k ey?

its posible it would be good business traffic is so slow might aswell get off have a drink and back in the car.
FAKESPIKE

Feb 06, 2005
U guys wanna check out some of the maps they dish out. Bur Bubai and Bur deira are plain for all to see! :wink:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai