Life For An Asian Woman In Dubai?

Topic locked
Life for an Asian woman in Dubai? Jan 28, 2005
My girlfriend is from HK and is nervous about following me here (I start work in March). She has a degree in Hospitality from Australia but has worked at company reception desks or as a personal assistant in trading companies rather than the hotel industry. Her concerns are:

Experience: She thinks she can't find a job due to lack of experience. She'd prefer to work at a hotel front desk and eventually in the back office or in events or; with a trading company that needs Chinese speakers

Money: She makes around USD$1500 a month now and doesn't want to earn a lot less

Attitude: She's heard that hotel patrons often treat the female staff - especially Asians - in a less than gentlemanly manner. She's worried that if she's working in a hotel guests will be grabbing her ass and stuff and she won't be able to complain. Is it really that bad for professionals in the service industry? I've never heard any EK crew and so on make similar complaints.

Pls advise because I've made up my mind about going and really want her to give it a try. If she won't go, she's going to make my life hell trying to keep me from going to Dubai and I don't like living in HK anymore.

curriecraig
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 28, 2005
well this isnt outlaw land you know. what do you mean grab her ass and she cant complain? you dont think much of the ppl who live here ay?

i would say dont give that matter a secound thought. its ridiculous she is no more likly to get harrassed here as she is in hongkong. unless its ish...

as for the job well she will probably earn about the same here. tax free of course. but nailing a job might prove difficult. there is no scarcity in hotels thats for sure but there is also a abundance of qualified staff. but who knows she can get lucky. dont take my word for it i say give it a shot.

if all else fails come here anyways and leave here. the booty in this country is like from outta space or something. very nice.

and another piece of advice ignore ish << a transvestite who hangs here.

you have a great day and if you need anything dont Hesitate to post.
FAKESPIKE

Jan 29, 2005
Working here for the last 8 years, havent had a a$$ grabbing experience yet :shock:
We do have Law & Order here :roll:
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 29, 2005
Alvii wrote:Working here for the last 8 years, havent had a a$$ grabbing experience yet :shock:
We do have Law & Order here :roll:

Is there something wrong with your ass? hahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry, quitely grabs his coat and leaves!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 29, 2005
curriecraig,

Be prepared. My g/f came over from Hk over Xmas and NY and she felt like she was constatly being stared at. Reason: Everyones perception of chinese girls is that are HOOKERS.

Sorry, i know it's bad to say that, but it's true. it's a sad fact. You see a woman with a guy who speaks russian and he is either Arabian or western, and everyone says "HOOKER". They have small minds. In fact there are certain bars in Dubai where asian girls are NOT allowed!

She hated it and so did I, but there is nothing you can do about it.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 30, 2005
MOOOOOO
kenshin
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jan 30, 2005
and thats your participation....?
*sign*
FAKESPIKE

Jan 31, 2005
[quote="FAKESPIKE"]well this isnt outlaw land you know. what do you mean grab her a#s and she cant complain? you dont think much of the ppl who live here ay?

quote]

I presume you're joking. As I said those are the stories she's been told - in this case by another Chinese woman working at a reputable hotel:

"She's heard that hotel patrons often treat the female staff - especially Asians - in a less than gentlemanly manner. She's worried that if she's working in a hotel guests will be grabbing her a#s and stuff and she won't be able to complain."

Thanks for the info though ;)

Feb 01, 2005
Sorry this is me: forgot to log in.

Anonymous wrote:
FAKESPIKE wrote:well this isnt outlaw land you know. what do you mean grab her a#s and she cant complain? you dont think much of the ppl who live here ay?

quote]

I presume you're joking. As I said those are the stories she's been told - in this case by another Chinese woman working at a reputable hotel:

"She's heard that hotel patrons often treat the female staff - especially Asians - in a less than gentlemanly manner. She's worried that if she's working in a hotel guests will be grabbing her a#s and stuff and she won't be able to complain."

Thanks for the info though ;)
curriecraig
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 01, 2005
Force feed your gal till she weighs 300 pounds, then no one will want to touch her!
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 01, 2005
mouse trap in the ass chicks works just aswell
FAKESPIKE

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat