Can Girls Wear Thongs On Beach?

Topic locked
Jun 02, 2006
Arnie,

no offence, but how about u just check the 2nd post of this thread and when u do that, u won t care if u understood me or not :wink:

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 02, 2006
Right i have worked it out. Raidah my post stands but you interpreted it incorrectly.

My mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy was in response to the really yummy scummy thongs.

mmmmmmmmm yummmmmy has nothing to do with my lunch. I would say the same if i seen a sexy lady etc mmmmmmmm yummy can be used in all sorts of situations and not soley confined to having a nice dinner.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:Right i have worked it out. Raidah my post stands but you interpreted it incorrectly.

My mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy was in response to the really yummy scummy thongs.

mmmmmmmmm yummmmmy has nothing to do with my lunch. I would say the same if i seen a fun lady etc mmmmmmmm yummy can be used in all sorts of situations and not soley confined to having a nice dinner.

arnie dear :)
i was being sarcastic :P which i how i am most of the time
but i suppose so were u with this last post :lol:
raidah

Jun 02, 2006
Raidah

I wasnt being sarcstic, you will definately know when i am, i can assure you. :wink:

I was merely trying to explain to you where i thought we had crossed wires. Your post gave no indication of this and your further response led me to look at something to which i was refering too initially.

When i asked for clarification you should have just responded as you had just done so, and itherefore t would have been clear, but you posted this

Arnie,

no offence, but how about u just check the 2nd post of this thread and when u do that, u won t care if u understood me or not

What you initailly posted was more bordering on rude as opposed to sarcastic. I am sure you did not intend this, but your command of the Eng Lang gives rise to confussion in this respect.
arniegang

Jun 02, 2006
wanna fight with me Arnie? ive got sharp nails :wink:

:lol:
raidah

Jun 02, 2006
I've chewed up and spat out far better than you raidah with respect

:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:I've chewed up and spat out far better than you raidah with respect

:wink: :wink: :wink:

now i have come across a new definition for respect! lol guys :lol: :lol: :lol: ....with all due respect for both of u :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
im gonna be thankig u for one week from now one ur efforts to remain polite and friendly with me :P
raidah

Jun 02, 2006
I am always polite and friendly, i just respond to what appears a trite bit of attitude. If one dishes out a little, one must expect a little in return. It cuts both ways.

There is a time and place for sarcasm and comments that can be missunderstood, especially in response to when one merely ask a simple question. One would expect a polite and simple answer in return.

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:I am always polite and friendly, i just respond to what appears a trite bit of attitude. If one dishes out a little, one must expect a little in return. It cuts both ways.

There is a time and place for sarcasm and comments that can be missunderstood, especially in response to when one merely ask a simple question. One would expect a polite and simple answer in return.

:wink: :wink:

and that's the voice of wisdom!
a nice diplomatic reply...arnie u got skills to become a politician! :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
alex

Its all down in my humble opinion to how others are not fully conversant in the Eng Language and indeed not there own. It has caused problems on here in the past and no doubt will continue to do so.

In fact, in the other thread just posted about Hiya i have given you an example of how you indeed, can come over as being rude, without your knowledge and without intent.

hope this clears things up.
arniegang

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:alex

Its all down in my humble opinion to how others are not fully conversant in the Eng Language and indeed not there own. It has caused problems on here in the past and no doubt will continue to do so.

In fact, in the other thread just posted about Hiya i have given you an example of how you indeed, can come over as being rude, without your knowledge and without intent.

i accept ur humble opinion as i think that as long as we live we still learn things...i regret that my English is not so "clean" but i don't have the advantage of being raised in the UK or to study at Oxford...i try my best and sometimes my best is not good enough :roll:(and i might mix up a little bit the notions cause speak 5 languages) but thanks for making it clear : i appreciate that u corrected me so that in the future i will be safe from sounding/acting rude witout intention! :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
Don Arnie has aquired a Romanian harem ??
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 02, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Don Arnie has aquired a Romanian harem ??
Don Arnie has no romanian harem, just loves to put out the wisdom of his age from time to time to remember us he is a DF mafioso :lol: :lol: who should be feared...if i will be found dead by tomorrow...i shall pay the price for messing with DFM :shock: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
alexandra wrote:

i accept ur humble opinion as i think that as long as we live we still learn things...i regret that my English is not so "clean" but i don't have the advantage of being raised in the UK or to study at Oxford...i try my best and sometimes my best is not good enough :roll:(and i might mix up a little bit the notions cause speak 5 languages) but thanks for making it clear : i appreciate that u corrected me so that in the future i will be safe from sounding/acting rude witout intention! :wink:

Alex,

I think your English is pretty good, and whilst it is not perfect, I can honestly say that I have heard, read and seen much worse from people who have been born and raised in England and have lived her their whole lives.
I'm sure Arnie will agree (though he may not) that the standard of English is dropping in England (for a variety of reasons, not least the internet and SMS messaging). I have to say that sometimes I am quite embarrased at how well some foreigners (and by that I mean people for whom English isn't their first language and it isn't widely spoken in their country) can talk and write in English! I have some friends overseas who I can understand much easier than some of my friends that live in my town!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 02, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
alexandra wrote:

Alex,

I think your English is pretty good, and whilst it is not perfect, I can honestly say that I have heard, read and seen much worse from people who have been born and raised in England and have lived her their whole lives.
I'm sure Arnie will agree (though he may not) that the standard of English is dropping in England (for a variety of reasons, not least the internet and SMS messaging). I have to say that sometimes I am quite embarrased at how well some foreigners (and by that I mean people for whom English isn't their first language and it isn't widely spoken in their country) can talk and write in English! I have some friends overseas who I can understand much easier than some of my friends that live in my town!!

thanks Z, buddy
:lol: :lol: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
No problem Alex! :wink: :wink:

:love4:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 02, 2006
alexandra wrote:
Don Arnie has no romanian harem, just loves to put out the wisdom of his age from time to time to remember us he is a DF mafioso :lol: :lol: who should be feared...if i will be found dead by tomorrow...i shall pay the price for messing with DFM :shock: :lol:

Far from it Alex :wink:

I totally agree with Zooter with regard to the use of our language, standards are dropping with the "new age generation" with the advent of SMS and WWW.

I myself fall foul to it from time to time, we all do.

I suppose if it were reveresed and i was trying to speak romanian to you, i am sure you would get to a point where if i kept saying something to you or refered to you in a manner that you yourself, would consider rude or really got up your nose, then i would wish to know, and you would probably say or correct.

Again like Zoooter, i am gobsmacked at the way a lot you you guy's and girls are multi-lingual. It is something the British people dont do very well i am sad to say.

Please dont take a correction to much to heart. Think of it in way that will enhance the way we speak to each other.
arniegang

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:
I totally agree with Zooter with regard to the use of our language, standards are dropping with the "new age generation" with the advent of SMS and WWW.

I suppose if it were reveresed and i was trying to speak romanian to you, i am sure you would get to a point where if i kept saying something to you or refered to you in a manner that you yourself, would consider rude or really got up your nose, then i would wish to know, and you would probably say or correct.

Again like Zoooter, i am gobsmacked at the way a lot you you guy's and girls are multi-lingual. It is something the British people dont do very well i am sad to say.

Please dont take a correction to much to heart. Think of it in way that will enhance the way we speak to each other.

Well said!
I wonder why us Brits are, on the whole, so much worse at learning second languages than other countries?? It surely can't just be the standard of teaching, can it??
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 02, 2006
i fink a loruvit is down 2 txt speak... r u wiv me?
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:
alexandra wrote:

Far from it Alex :wink:

arnie i did not take it too much to heart as i did say i am happy that u cleared it for me because in this way i wont repeat the mistake, unless i really wanna be rude to someone :oops: i don't mind being corrected as i do not pretend to be always right...only a fool would make an issue of this, and for sure it's not the case here. i usually learn from mistakes!so ti's all cool about it, my friend!
about romanian language lol: it will give u some hard times if u will wanna learn it and yes i would definetelly correct u in a similar case!
i even make fun of myself when i struggle to find a word in spanish when i talk to some friends and i pass through the romanian, english, french etc etc vocabulary. :shock: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
me no pmsl @ u GB, me fink u r a dink.
arniegang

Jun 02, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Well said!
I wonder why us Brits are, on the whole, so much worse at learning second languages than other countries?? It surely can't just be the standard of teaching, can it??
i would say because u have the advantage that English is the most used international language in many fields, so why to have some hard times to learn arabic(i would love to be able to speak it) only cause u will visit dubai if all the hotel saff will speak ur native language :roll: it's much easier for u guys
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
Alex

This is the reason why in general a lot of us Brits are totally embarassed when it comes to the subject of languages.

I can only speak for myself, but to be served at a table by someone who can speak 3 languages leaves me ashamed.

Its a Brit thing really, and like you correctly pointed out most people learn English to talk to us. People like myself would love to be able to speak a foreign language, but its not really high on the priority of our educational system to encourage languages. It never has been and never will be i am sad to say.
arniegang

Jun 02, 2006
I'm afraid I'm that typical Brit. Did French and Spanish at school and then just let it drift until having to say "Dos cervezas por favor!"
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 02, 2006
Sooo true GB and my only sentence in French (excuse spelling) is

Voulez vous couche avec moi sus soi

But it does come in handy :wink:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
arniegang

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:Alex

This is the reason why in general a lot of us Brits are totally embarassed when it comes to the subject of languages.

I can only speak for myself, but to be served at a table by someone who can speak 3 languages leaves me ashamed.

Its a Brit thing really, and like you correctly pointed out most people learn English to talk to us. People like myself would love to be able to speak a foreign language, but its not really high on the priority of our educational system to encourage languages. It never has been and never will be i am sad to say.

and it's pretty logical as far as i can see, what sense it will make to learn all the world languages(unless u have a hobby for that) when the rest of the world is learning english to be able to comunicate internationally!
for me english was a hobby! so learning the other languages i speak and it was a real help in some situations and i am sure it will be helpfull in the future also.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
GoodBai wrote:I'm afraid I'm that typical Brit. Did French and Spanish at school and then just let it drift until having to say "Dos cervezas por favor!"

lol....it's good that u kept the essential stuff in mind :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
arniegang wrote:Sooo true GB and my only sentence in French (excuse spelling) is

Voulez vous couche avec moi sus soi

But it does come in handy :wink:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

coucher avec moi ce soir..........just a small writing grammar correction in ur attempt to the multi_lingual stage...u r sweet!
:oops: :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 02, 2006
ohhhhhhh go on then Alex, i was going to play hard to get but my answer is yes

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat