INTERNET DATING..IS IT WORTH WHILE????

Topic locked
INTERNET DATING..IS IT WORTH WHILE???? May 30, 2006
Do you believe in online dating or maybe falling inlove to a person without knowing them personally but only thru pictue? Is it worth to waste time or just leave it?

janet67
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: INTERNET DATING..IS IT WORTH WHILE???? May 30, 2006
janet67 wrote:Do you believe in online dating or maybe falling inlove to a person without knowing them personally but only thru pictue? Is it worth to waste time or just leave it?

u know 2 b honest I TRIED IT :lol:
yeah truth shall be said uh huh...
I think its better to leave it, after my
experience with all that!!!
its funny now when thinkin about
the whole thing :P

O-K, if that guy is gonna come for sure to meet you<-- this'd mean he's serious, really serious about you both, developing the relation & all that!!!
& if also you know that this guy isn't a fake one
you know over the internet you can be ANYONE
that ain't YOU!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 30, 2006
I have five sets of friends who are married, about to get married, and have children - and they all met online.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 30, 2006
HIYA #2.... :roll:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
im asian and i wished to be married someday with my lebanese gf for 4 years whom i met online. really worth it but needs lots of patience and trust.
jasonwes
Dubai Expat Wannabe

janet67 wrote:Do you believe in online dating or maybe falling inlove to a person without knowing them personally but only thru pictue? Is it worth to waste time or just leave it?

u might be surprised, but there is a chance to meet a nice guy online! but don't get all ur hopes up, and keep in mind that a long distance relationship is such a pain in the AS$ sometimes!
there is the risck that it won't lead u anywhere! it's a start--- if the guy wants to meet u(like sara saied) but after all it has to become real!
be aware of the players, there r a lot of them! :twisted: :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

alexandra wrote:

u might be surprised, but there is a chance to meet a nice guy online! but don't get all ur hopes up, and keep in mind that a long distance relationship is such a pain in the AS$ sometimes!
there is the risck that it won't lead u anywhere! it's a start--- if the guy wants to meet u(like sara saied) but after all it has to become real!

So there is a chance for me yet then Alex?? :wink: :wink: :love4:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

the_zooter wrote:
alexandra wrote:

So there is a chance for me yet then Alex?? :wink: :wink: :love4:

zooter baby! r u feeling well? i mean is there a chance that HP hacked ur mind? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: INTERNET DATING..IS IT WORTH WHILE???? May 31, 2006
alexandra wrote:
the_zooter wrote:So there is a chance for me yet then Alex?? :wink: :wink: :love4:

zooter baby! r u feeling well? i mean is there a chance that HP hacked ur mind? :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

No - I'm feeling absolutely fine!! :)
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Re: INTERNET DATING..IS IT WORTH WHILE???? May 31, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
alexandra wrote:
the_zooter wrote:So there is a chance for me yet then Alex?? :wink: :wink: :love4:

No - I'm feeling absolutely fine!! :)

good cause i am a little drunk, i think :lol: :lol: :lol:
soooooooooo yeah u have a chance (before i will be sober again( :roll:
i guess :lol: :lol: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 31, 2006
i met my bf online last year when I first came to Dubai, now I am still with him.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 31, 2006
I guess what Sara said is true, on the net, u can be whoever u want to be. But come to think of it, there are some sencere people out there, it is just a matter of patience and vision to distinguish the player from the sencere person.
I for one would not prefer dating online, but then again as u are all aware that life is becoming harder for everyone and fast tracked day by day especially here in the UAE. So i guess, i think i would do it, date online, why not? At the end of the day, both people should be mature enough and set a rule of being open with each other, and each of them would plainly express whether he/she like the other person and can go on with it. Otherwise, they can just be frank with each other and say that it will not work for atleast one of them and here the maturity comes, that both should accept the each other's opinions with no strings attached. I would go with a casual cup of coffee - no drinking- so that both are sober and can judge perfectly.
DonDiego5876
Dubai Forum Guest

May 31, 2006
FeiPo wrote:i met my bf online last year when I first came to Dubai, now I am still with him.

Oooh -claps- huzzah good 4 ya! :wink:
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 31, 2006
DonDiego5876 wrote:I guess what Sara said is true, on the net, u can be whoever u want to be. But come to think of it, there are some sencere people out there, it is just a matter of patience and vision to distinguish the player from the sencere person.
I for one would not prefer dating online, but then again as u are all aware that life is becoming harder for everyone and fast tracked day by day especially here in the UAE. So i guess, i think i would do it, date online, why not? At the end of the day, both people should be mature enough and set a rule of being open with each other, and each of them would plainly express whether he/she like the other person and can go on with it. Otherwise, they can just be frank with each other and say that it will not work for atleast one of them and here the maturity comes, that both should accept the each other's opinions with no strings attached. I would go with a casual cup of coffee - no drinking- so that both are sober and can judge perfectly.

are you Liban the prequel ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 31, 2006
The anonymous nature of online dating can serve to be an advantage and a disadvantage:

Your online personality can reflect the real inner you as opposed to the physical presence which is cased in all sort of problems and insecurities...if you are a genuine and honest person, it should shine through. Often it gives both people a chance to connect on a temporal level first as opposed to just a physical or chemical one.

However, there are those out there who are predatory and try to disguise themselves so that the real person is nothing like the identity...these are scary and this is where most people find internet dating a potential minefield.

Difficult to identify the fakes but you soon find out when you meet them in real life.

Best of luck!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 31, 2006
having a gf online and ending up for real is amazing. u just cant trust anyone online but for me, it works. after a year of dating online,i finally went down to lebanon to meet her up & from then evrything is still wonderful even though we jsut see each other for a week every year :(
life's hard
jasonwes
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 31, 2006
Do you really want to tell your grandkids that their grandparents met on the net? It sounds a little messed up, don't you think?
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 01, 2006
Seems like a perfectly acceptable way to meet new people ..... not sure about maintaining a purely online relationship ... that seems to be a little pointless .... You would definitely have to meet sooner rather than later.
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 01, 2006
A64Venice wrote:Do you really want to tell your grandkids that their grandparents met on the net? It sounds a little messed up, don't you think?

I think by then we'd be having virtual grandkids :)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
well think it can be useful in this day and age everyone so busy and all that....had some success and some not! That's a whole other can of worms though!

I agree with DK- you can lie about yourself but the one thing you can't hide is sense of humour and intelligence....so you have to build up a radar for it!

I think if it goes on for longer than 3 months online- bit strange- you should be doing it to actually meet the person in real life- not just the cyber personality. It is easy to get sucked in- we all say things online we wouldn't necessarily say face to face and you can act a bit differently.

Proceed witn caution but don't lose faith is my advice!
vixnax
Dubai Forums Member

Re: INTERNET DATING..IS IT WORTH WHILE???? Jun 07, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:

u know 2 b honest I TRIED IT :lol:
yeah truth shall be said uh huh...
I think its better to leave it, after my
experience with all that!!!
its funny now when thinkin about
the whole thing :P

O-K, if that guy is gonna come for sure to meet you<-- this'd mean he's serious, really serious about you both, developing the relation & all that!!!
& if also you know that this guy isn't a fake one
you know over the internet you can be ANYONE
that ain't YOU!

I think many people has the experience in "online" dating.... :oops:
Especially in arabic countries where it is hard finding a partner because of 'closed' comunity, where the guys or girls you met are familie/relatives or the seller in the superstore on the corner where you do grocries.
Majid29
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 01, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:The anonymous nature of online dating can serve to be an advantage and a disadvantage:

Your online personality can reflect the real inner you as opposed to the physical presence which is cased in all sort of problems and insecurities...if you are a genuine and honest person, it should shine through. Often it gives both people a chance to connect on a temporal level first as opposed to just a physical or chemical one.

However, there are those out there who are predatory and try to disguise themselves so that the real person is nothing like the identity...these are scary and this is where most people find internet dating a potential minefield.

Difficult to identify the fakes but you soon find out when you meet them in real life.

Best of luck!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
You're right. The best thing to do is to know the person well. There were some guys that have bad intentions when meeting girls, so beware.
fire_knightinthedark
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 01, 2006
i like online dating , it seems to be the only place where you can meet gay people , cause like , you never find them in real life , not over here at least .
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 01, 2006
^^ are u serious
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 01, 2006
well i for one , never ever ever met a gay guy in person , that tells me something lol .
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 01, 2006
It happens, and I know its worked for some people .... however proceed with caution. Its easy to discount many things that we are not familiar/comfortable with. But love is love.
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 01, 2006
why do u wanna meet gay ppl for, i dunno if u are making fun

or are u gay seriously.

if u are i am really surprised that u are open about it being u are in uae?
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 01, 2006
xibit wrote:why do u wanna meet gay ppl for, i dunno if u are making fun

or are u gay seriously.

if u are i am really surprised that u are open about it being u are in uae?

Xibit , she is a girl who likes gay guys :shock: :shock: so dont even try to understand it ... now back to the subject .. i never believed in online dating i believe in human conection .. i need to see , feel, hear and smell the person i date.. i cant attach myself to a cyber ghost :wink:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 02, 2006
your all about the smelling arent you ? ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 02, 2006
FeiPo wrote:i met my bf online last year when I first came to Dubai, now I am still with him.

and the bf is..........drums rolling...................the man with one of da coolest car in dis forum.......u know him
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance