Can Girls Wear Thongs On Beach?

Topic locked
May 27, 2006
fayz wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Karama? Oh yeah try telling that to the shop keepers terrorised by a gang of school kids beating them with metal bars last week.

The saddest part of that story was when the principal identified the kids he asked that they not be punished until after their exams :shock: :shock:

Not only that but if I recall correctly the police was hoping that an "amicable" settlement would be reach. Amicable? You got to be kidding!

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2006
Unfortunately Gabs was found with a thong on the public beach...and everyone asked her to thtop thinging!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 27, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Unfortunately Gabs was found with a thong on the public beach...and everyone asked her to thtop thinging!

Knight

let me guess, she was with u :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 27, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Unfortunately Gabs was found with a thong on the public beach...and everyone asked her to thtop thinging!

Knight

Trust you to come up with an awful attempt at a joke like that! :lol:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 28, 2006
the_zooter wrote:

Knight

Trust you to come up with an awful attempt at a joke like that! :lol:

and just how this relates to jenny's wish to throw away her bra? :P
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 28, 2006
I go topless on the beach...why not her? Tskk...double standards these days!

On a serious note...I asked a local mate who is 'connected' here (read that as size 10 sandals and says 'Salam Aleikhoum All') and the penalty for an indecent act such as going topless on ANY beach here (private or public) is a 1 month prison sentence and deportation...however they would probably just deport you on the spot in reality...so the answer is: Don't do it and keep that halter neck done up!

Thongs: Sort of accepted on the private beaches at hotels but frowned at (stared, ogled, drooled and possibly even dribbled at) on the public beach.

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 28, 2006
people in this forum love to get sidetracked (you gotta love em)

well Jenny it's very simple: thongs are okay, topless on a public beach a big no.
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

May 28, 2006

Knight

I am Australian so our thongs come in pairs and are known as "flip-flops" by you Brits (which begs the question "Where do you Brits get these names from?" I could sidetrack even more and ask who in their right mind would call bug spray pif-paf- a wee bit childish!!). Needless to say, as such, and since thongs are attire for the feet I do wear rubber ones quite often on the beach!! :P

Personally I think it is in bad taste to wear g-strings/thongs on beaches, going topless and pleeez don't get me started on men in speedos-there should be laws about these sort of eyesores that cause retina damage.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
How quickly threads degenerate here :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2006
Totally agree Liban

I always stick to the topic

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
arniegang

May 28, 2006
So say the zealots who post nothing but thought provoking material that inspire future Nobel Prize winners.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
arniegang

May 28, 2006
GAB wrote:So say the zealots who post nothing but thought provoking material that inspire future Nobel Prize winners.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :laughing6:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
raidah wrote:
jenny21 wrote:so the is a lot of g-strings but i'm not allowed 2 go topless?

:shock: r u joking?
how did u pick the uae out of all the countries in the world? their women cover up the whole body and u wanna shake it almost naked???
i suggest u go to cuba. they have a totally different approach to s.e.x, nudity, etc.

p.s.:its not u arnie, playing dump, is it? :lol:

lols or go 2 Jamaica
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2006
yeah dont we all wish!!!
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 28, 2006
ABSOLUTELY
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

May 28, 2006
alexandra wrote:
raidah wrote:u mean smthing like these? :roll:

http://funpic.hu/funblog.click.php?id=1 ... rwear.html

on second thought u might wanna keeps these for the bedroom :P

:shock: :shock: :shock: raidah u r a crazy one of a kind! don't give the girl crazy ideas, she might end up in a nasty situation wearing that in public! but good advice though, to keep it in the bedroom :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats hilarious.
Genjix
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 29, 2006
Don’t encourage her, it’s totally disrespectful!
Well it should be tolerated in the hotels, this is 2006 and the tourists will go else where for holidays
There are allot better places then third world Dubai to visit with its back ward ways
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 29, 2006
nostradamus wrote:Don’t encourage her, it’s totally disrespectful!
Well it should be tolerated in the hotels, this is 2006 and the tourists will go else where for holidays
There are allot better places then third world Dubai to visit with its back ward ways

So if you cant wear a thong, then you're considered third world?

I suggest you go travel around the world, cus this place is much more developed than most parts of europe and us. I've lived everywhere. I know.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

May 29, 2006

Third world??? Whatever...

And the EU is the beacon of development???!!!

Have you been to EU member Greece??!!! Or Poland... Or what about your next in line countries like Romania and Bulgaria... Yes, the light of civilization...

Or the US??? Yeah, South Central, Harlem, South Chicago, all of the Southern States, the very soul of FIRST WORLD DEVELOPMENT...

Get a clue dude! :roll:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
Third world Dubai and its back ward ways it is just like visiting a museum / theme park where they all dress-up the type of place well suited to dumb downed people
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2006
nostradamus wrote:Third world Dubai and its back ward ways it is just like visiting a museum / theme park where they all dress-up the type of place well suited to dumb downed people

How are you Mr. & Mrs. Inquierer?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
nostradamus wrote:Third world Dubai and its back ward ways it is just like visiting a museum / theme park where they all dress-up the type of place well suited to dumb downed people

if you're "TOO GOOD" for us or for dubai, what the hell are you doing here?
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

May 30, 2006
somebody has to do the rubbish jobs like visiting a museums / theme parks and report back and tell it as it is :)
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2006
Liban wrote:

How are you Mr. & Mrs. Inquierer?

You took the words out of my mouth Liban. Great Minds :wink:
arniegang

May 30, 2006

:roll: If you want to go topless or do the g-string thing then save enough money to go to a resort where you can swim naked in your own little compound with your own big pool. This is nothing to do with third world or first world countries -I could list a few listed first world countries where this would be by no means fine nor tolerated and would get you into trouble with the police.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 30, 2006
nostradamus wrote:somebody has to do the rubbish jobs like visiting a museums / theme parks and report back and tell it as it is :)

If you don't like it, don't go - simple!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 30, 2006
Instead of being a hypocrite, why don’t you tell us where you're from nostradamus? Yes, it will take balls.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

May 30, 2006
Just bringing this back onto topic.

1) I'm extremely upset that my works firewall has blocked Raida's link!! :cry: :cry:

I've seen plenty of girls topless on Dubai's beaches and thought it was beginning to be accepted there? I'm not talking about public beaches, but private beaches at hotels like the Madinat Marina (whatever it was called), Le Meridien and also Jumeirah Beach Hotel? Or perhaps I was just lucky!! :wink:
G
Dubai Forums Talker

May 30, 2006
G

I have stayed at the JBH and lost count, but at least 30 times. I have never ever seen anyone topless so i guess you were lucky.
arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat