First Date Q.

Topic locked
First Date Q. May 29, 2006
Well this is a question for all the ladies here in DF.
In a first date, what would u expect from a guy ?!
I mean in terms of gifts, place, etc..... !!!

Choco, I do consider u as my aunt !! :lol: :lol: can u help me !!

Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 29, 2006
this should be interesting.. but good idea man. :thumbright:
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

May 29, 2006
Heheheh, you gots to know that HP is chomping at the bit to respond to this, will his 1000th post be here or can he hold off.

Good luck Pal, hope she is a keeper. My only advice is to be yourself, starting a relationship with a facade is doomed.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: First Date Q. May 29, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Well this is a question for all the ladies here in DF.
In a first date, what would u expect from a guy ?!
I mean in terms of gifts, place, etc..... !!!

Choco, I do consider u as my aunt !! :lol: :lol: can u help me !!

place & all that... Hmmm jst a good place that is neat & fun f possible!
funn stuff r good n a 1st D8 I guess, dunno 'bout others... wat do they think?!!!
n terms of the person I'm with, he should b himself
it won't work bein sum1 else & lyin wi'me, coz I can know it!!!!!!
jst act urself & b coOL! and yeah days can tell!!!
Also don't b so demandin & naggy n a 1st d8!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 29, 2006
Palkid7, I think you should just be yourself. Take her somewhere social for a date (like bowling! ;)) - not the movies where you won't be talking much. Compliment her on how beautiful she looks, and pay attention to what she says when she speaks. Ask her questions about herself and also tell about yourself too - don't leave the conversation one-sided either way. Remember what she tells you and let it show on further dates - she'll love that you listened and cared to remember details about her - things she likes and dislikes, her family etc.

You can pay for the date, but if she doesn't look comfortable with that you can say, "I would really like to pay for this date, but if you are uncomfortable with that we can each pay our own portion. I'd like you to be comfortable on this date." Some women have had the bad experience where men expect fooling around or s.e.x because they paid a lot of money on the date, so they prefer to pay their own portion and not have any expectations. Then there are other women who expect the men to pay for the honour of their presence at the date, always. :) Then there are other women who might say that they'll pay for the second date, which is good because then that means that they want a second date and believe in equally sharing the financial investment in the dating process.

If the girl really likes you and seems to linger at the door then go ahead and go in for the kiss. You could also say, "I really want to kiss you right now, with your permission of course." - but while some women might like that, others might think you are being too nice. They want a guy who just plants a romantic and passionate kiss on them. Women are complicated, in case you haven't noticed. In my opinion, women need to go easier on guys when it comes to situations like that. It is the kiss that tells anyway - so who cares how it comes.

Okay, I'm no dating expert, but that was my opinion. Good luck!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 29, 2006
:evil4: niiiice
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

May 29, 2006
kanelli wrote:Palkid7, I think you should just be yourself. Take her somewhere social for a date (like bowling! ;)) - not the movies where you won't be talking much. Compliment her on how beautiful she looks, and pay attention to what she says when she speaks. Ask her questions about herself and also tell about yourself too - don't leave the conversation one-sided either way. Remember what she tells you and let it show on further dates - she'll love that you listened and cared to remember details about her - things she likes and dislikes, her family etc.

You can pay for the date, but if she doesn't look comfortable with that you can say, "I would really like to pay for this date, but if you are uncomfortable with that we can each pay our own portion. I'd like you to be comfortable on this date." Some women have had the bad experience where men expect fooling around or s.e.x because they paid a lot of money on the date, so they prefer to pay their own portion and not have any expectations. Then there are other women who expect the men to pay for the honour of their presence at the date, always. :) Then there are other women who might say that they'll pay for the second date, which is good because then that means that they want a second date and believe in equally sharing the financial investment in the dating process.

If the girl really likes you and seems to linger at the door then go ahead and go in for the kiss. You could also say, "I really want to kiss you right now, with your permission of course." - but while some women might like that, others might think you are being too nice. They want a guy who just plants a romantic and passionate kiss on them. Women are complicated, in case you haven't noticed. In my opinion, women need to go easier on guys when it comes to situations like that. It is the kiss that tells anyway - so who cares how it comes.

100% agree with K!
8) u r good at this Kanelli! :shock:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 29, 2006
seems like everybody is in heat today :lol: :lol: :lol: 3 topics with the same content in just one day

whats going on over there? :wink:

anyway, he should not bring any gift on the first date, unless that is smthing really really minor, without any value, smthing that is more like a "coincidence" than a gift.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 29, 2006
kanelli wrote: Women are complicated, ......It is the kiss that tells ...... Good luck!

The coles notes version of K's well written post.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 29, 2006
no dating expert Kanelli? :lol: r u sure? :wink:

anyway, about the kissing part. there is no such thing as women who like being asked for permission. :D if u don t like the man, politeness nor not, he might just hit the road. if u do like the guy, u might only pretend u expect him to ask for permission, but u don t. that would kill the moment.
raidah

May 29, 2006
drama drama drama.
dating is all about drama, you gotta love it
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

May 29, 2006
K...if I didn't know better, I would have said you were a dating expert!

Ah...that first kiss, such a milestone! The question is when is the time right?

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 29, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:K...if I didn't know better, I would have said you were a dating expert!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

the force will guide you and say "the time is right my son"...also palkid..try not to be nervous or fidgity...women can smell fear and under confidence...but having met you i am sure you would sail thru as one cool customer...all the very best!! :D
constantine

May 29, 2006
kanelli wrote:Palkid7, I think you should just be yourself. Take her somewhere social for a date (like bowling! ;)) - not the movies where you won't be talking much. Compliment her on how beautiful she looks, and pay attention to what she says when she speaks. Ask her questions about herself and also tell about yourself too - don't leave the conversation one-sided either way. Remember what she tells you and let it show on further dates - she'll love that you listened and cared to remember details about her - things she likes and dislikes, her family etc.

that is good, dude sounded like an expert :P
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 29, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:

sara
the "dude" is actually a dudette...thats why she is the expert innit :lol:
constantine

May 29, 2006
constantine wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:

sara
the "dude" is actually a dudette...thats why she is the expert innit :lol:

Oooooooooooooh kanelli is a women :D
Oh pardon me then :lol: srry dudette kanelli :D
thank u! :P
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 29, 2006
palkid

here's some pointers...hope they help...(Speaking in best fightclub voice 8) )

THE RULE OF 1st DATE

1> Dont over think the 1st date
2>be confident- but not cocky
3>choose a place which you know or have been to before- so you dont end up looking lost or confused...
4>always carry breath mints ..you never know when the force will speak to you "kiss my boy or lose this glorious perfect moment"
5> dont think too much about how it will end /will we kiss/ will there be a 2nd date/don't be over eager or under interested...let it FLOW
6> listen...and really listen bcoz it might just save your life and give you immunity later on...
7>be chivalrous...but not over polite...ladies still love the chivalry...(they dont like formal or too over polite "hair plastered down" frat boys)
8>if you have the chemistry or the spark...you will know...never force it...it will make the rest of the evening uncomfortable...
9>PAY for the first date...do not linger on that fact for too long
10> IF the 1st date goes ok...suggest fun things for the next time you plan on meeting up...make it sound CASUAL..."hey you havent been bowling(feign surprise here!!)...oh cool (excited face here)...me and some friends went last time...you should come (insert date here)...and most importantly make the activity sound like its the best thing that happened to you...trust me...enthusiasm is infectious...
11> YOU OWE ME A BEER-BIG TIME- :lol: :lol:

and most importantly have fun...be yourself...and enjoy the evening...dont overthink it!
constantine

May 29, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:K...if I didn't know better, I would have said you were a dating expert!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Well, I've only had two serious boyfriends (married the second one) and it was about two months before either one managed to get a kiss out of me. :lol: None of the other guys I went on a date with (approx. 6) got a kiss at all. I was very shy :oops: They still stuck around though, held my hand put their arm around me, danced with me. Two months is a bit unusual, but guys shouldn't panic if there is no kiss on the first date. Either they like the woman or not and want to spend more time with her - the kiss is important but so is getting to know the woman and whether you enjoy her company or not.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 29, 2006
constantine wrote:7>be chivalrous...but not over polite...ladies still love the chivalry...(they dont like formal or too over polite "hair plastered down" frat boys)

good advice, not over polite, yep!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 29, 2006
constantine wrote:palkid

THE RULE OF 1st DATE

3>choose a place which you know or have been to before- so you dont end up looking lost or confused...
4>always carry breath mints ..you never know when the force will speak to you "kiss my boy or lose this glorious perfect moment"
5> dont think too much about how it will end /will we kiss/ will there be a 2nd date/don't be over eager or under interested...let it FLOW
6> listen...and really listen bcoz it might just save your life and give you immunity later on...
7>be chivalrous...but not over polite...ladies still love the chivalry...(they dont like formal or too over polite "hair plastered down" frat boys)
8>if you have the chemistry or the spark...you will know...never force it...it will make the rest of the evening uncomfortable...
10> IF the 1st date goes ok...suggest fun things for the next time you plan on meeting up...make it sound CASUAL..."hey you havent been bowling(feign surprise here!!)...oh cool (excited face here)...me and some friends went last time...you should come (insert date here)...and most importantly make the activity sound like its the best thing that happened to you...trust me...enthusiasm is infectious...

and most importantly have fun...be yourself...and enjoy the evening...dont overthink it!

Excellent post :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 29, 2006
Thanks all !!
Aunt K, thanks for the advice !! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Const. I only drink Bavarian, So maybe this weekend, what do u say ?
:wink:

:lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 29, 2006
thanx sara for ur replies and welcome to DF !
:wink: :wink:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 29, 2006
great post const.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 29, 2006
btw are you free friday night ;)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 29, 2006
fayz wrote:btw are you free friday night ;)

who me...i am always thirsty on thursdays and fridays...and terrribly hung over on saturdays... :cry: ...palkid sure thing mate...will meet up for beers(perhaps end of this week) and get "de-briefing" from you about how the 1st date went :wink:
constantine

May 29, 2006
What do you guys think about the man taking the woman to some activity that he is good at. That way he can show his talent off to her. For example, if he is good at bowling, billiards, volleyball, or playing musical instruments. Then on the second date he could take her to some activity that she is talented at so that she has a chance to shine too.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 29, 2006
kanelli wrote:
constantine wrote:palkid

THE RULE OF 1st DATE

Excellent post :)

takes a bow... 8)
constantine

May 29, 2006
constantine wrote:

who me...i am always thirsty on thursdays and fridays...and terrribly hung over on saturdays... :cry: ...palkid sure thing mate...will meet up for beers(perhaps end of this week) and get "de-briefing" from you about how the 1st date went :wink:

Well FYI I am not a drinker, I mean I drink only non-alchoholic Beer !! that why i said Bavarian ! :lol: :lol:

and as for the date !! it is not this week !! :roll:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 29, 2006
kanelli wrote:What do you guys think about the man taking the woman to some activity that he is good at. That way he can show his talent off to her. For example, if he is good at bowling, billiards, volleyball, or playing musical instruments. Then on the second date he could take her to some activity that she is talented at so that she has a chance to shine too.

k
for men to do so(come to think of it)...its a very rudimentary response ...one of feeling empowered and useful...a "strut" preceding the mating ritual... :lol: :lol: ...the challenge is to be in a unfimilair situation and come out knowing what you just did...either ways the male ego has to be quenched...or you have to be mahatma gandhi himself to let ego not get the better of you...whereas if a female went to something she excels at...its for one reason only...to "share" the experiance with the other half... :wink:
constantine

May 29, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:
constantine wrote:

Well FYI I am not a drinker, I mean I drink only non-alchoholic Beer !! that why i said Bavarian ! :lol: :lol:

and as for the date !! it is not this week !! :roll:

no wonder i didnt pick up that brand in the first instance :P
hey we can always meet up for sheesha and juice mate...anyways all the best and we;ll catch up soon!! :D
constantine

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance