Racist Clubs ?

Topic locked
May 28, 2006
hmmm..

i have a few things to note on this. i've helped my friends promote parties back when i was in the clubbing scene and have some insight into what typically happens.

Typically the scenario in which this happens is when there's too many guys already in the club and we're trying to correct the ratio. That is when we used to get really selective about the guys getting in. Now I'm hardly racist towards indians (or other south asians) but the younger guys usually travel in large groups as opposed to other races.. fairly aggressive groups i might add. this always meant trouble. now this was in canada, where the male/female ratio is not even close to being as skewed as it is here. so you can imagine how hard it is for an organizer to keep up a good ratio. if i see a group of 5 indian guys and 2 australian guys, i'm much more liable to let the australians in simply because i can't break up the group of 5.

the other scenario is when you are aiming for a certain "clientele". This is where we tread a fine line between racism and social casteism. it's about how the person is dressed and how they carry themselves. i've beent to clubs in toronto dressed pretty badly sometimes, knowing that i'd never have gotten in if i didn't know the promoter.

the final scenario is the purely discrimnatory one. never faced that in dubai so far, but i did once in toronto. we still got in though... persistence pays 8). so does a twenty in the palm of the bouncer :lol:

terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 28, 2006
This is a common problem in most clubs on this planet....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2006
Liban wrote:This is a common problem in most clubs on this planet....

Discrimination happens everywhere. I have been refused entry at home- once I'd say purely based on age, being tooooooo old, and secondly because we were with a guy that had a bikey look about him-didn't matter that he was one in a group and he was dressed better than any of the dregs they were letting in (infact he looked like he was going to a wedding!!) PLUS they called ahead to their other clubs to make sure we didn't get in there either. In a country where there are anti-discrimination laws it should come as surprise but when you have muscle bound brainless morons parading as bouncers excercising their right to be @rses you really can't expect much.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
something on the same lines happened with me....i dont know if it was racism or what...but the guy at crown plaza refused me the vallet parking....he said parking is full....but right after us few europeans came and he took their car for parking.....
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

May 28, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Its funny coz i dont look "arab", and sometimes the bouncer would be about to not let me in, and then i start speaking in Arabic and i find the door wide open...

Last thursday i was in line to get in to a club, there was a european couple ifront of me and the bouncer was telling them its reservations only. He looks at me and goes "Do you have a reservation sir? " i didnt have one, then follows it in arabic asking me to say yes. so said yes, he looked at the european couple and told them see i am sorry guys !! i felt bad and asked him why he wasnt letting them in although its a couple. he told me he doesnt want to spoil the "ambience" .. :S

thats racists!!!!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2006
GAB wrote:

Discrimination happens everywhere. I have been refused entry at home- once I'd say purely based on age, being tooooooo old, and secondly because we were with a guy that had a bikey look about him-didn't matter that he was one in a group and he was dressed better than any of the dregs they were letting in (infact he looked like he was going to a wedding!!) PLUS they called ahead to their other clubs to make sure we didn't get in there either. In a country where there are anti-discrimination laws it should come as surprise but when you have muscle bound brainless morons parading as bouncers excercising their right to be @rses you really can't expect much.

u're tru it is eveyrwhere!
human freakin attitudes probs
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Its nice to see Maaad is joining the naughty boys! Arnie...looks like we have some competition at last! Just don't you let him get near Vee or Alex! Sic 'im!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

thanx DK :?
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 28, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Its nice to see Maaad is joining the naughty boys! Arnie...looks like we have some competition at last! Just don't you let him get near Vee or Alex! Sic 'im!

Knight

I am watching him like a Hawk DK. We cant have to many muscling in on our territory init.

:evil:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 28, 2006

Knight

:shock: :shock: :shock:
8) DK
and arnie u should take more care of ur kid, he's been naughty for a long time now, toooooooooo long i guess :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
arniegang wrote:

Knight

I am watching him like a Hawk DK. We cant have to many muscling in on our territory init.

my threads are MY territory so back off :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2006
alexandra wrote:

Knight

:shock: :shock: :shock:
8) DK
and arnie u should take more care of ur kid, he's been naughty for a long time now, toooooooooo long i guess :roll:

alex are you calling me the kid ? I can take DK and arnie to school .. and teach them a few tricks ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
raidah

May 28, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Knight

Tread carefully and dont cross the DF Mafia

Take this as a pleasant warning. Many who have tried and failed to muscle in are now in the footings of a well know landmark in DXB, and that was after they had the concrete shoes put on them.

Anymore of this from you Maaad and Liban's donkey "gets it".

8) 8) 8) 8)
arniegang

May 28, 2006
arniegang wrote:
MaaaD wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Knight

Take this as a pleasant warning. Many who have tried and failed to muscle in are now in the footings of a well know landmark in DXB, and that was after they had the concrete shoes put on them.

8) 8) 8) 8)

your just encouraging me for more arent you :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 28, 2006
Do not i repeat DO NOT mess with the DFM

:P :P :P :P :P
arniegang

May 28, 2006

so is construction workers staring at women but that makes the news here as well.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 28, 2006
Guys you wanna get in any of the famous clubs in dubai, you have to spare alittle of ur money for the doorman , how ? while walking in,try be confident, say hi and shake his hand while there a 50 dhs note in it .
he will never turn u back . do that couple of times then u'll be a face member !
its as simple as that !
money always talks bebe !
kilani
Dubai Forums Member

May 28, 2006
Discrimination happens everywhere and why not ,
because the riffraff would be mixing with the topology and lower the tone.
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 28, 2006
nostradamus wrote:Discrimination happens everywhere and why not ,

what :shock: , speak english mate !!
u from mars ! we need solutions here ..
kilani
Dubai Forums Member

May 28, 2006
kilani wrote:

unfortunately i don t think there r...
raidah

May 29, 2006
raidah wrote:
kilani wrote:

unfortunately i don t think there r...

I already mentioned the one and only, which works all the time, scroll up !
kilani
Dubai Forums Member

May 29, 2006
arniegang wrote:
MaaaD wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Knight

MaaD, Jimmy Haffa tried the same thing. They are still looking for him after 30 years!(last I've heard they are digging some horse farm....)

8) 8) 8) 8)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
I would never pay a doorman to let me into a club and that's that!

But every club will try to keep out the people they consider to be undesirables who might cause trouble, regardless of nationality.

It's sad that there is so much descrimination here, but you get it everywhere and it maybe not be the colour of your skin, but merely what you're wearing they don't like.

I have no time for pickie clubs.

Let me in - Don't you know who I am!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 29, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Let me in - Don't you know who I am!!!!

Try that one on me Chocs, and I will announce in a very loud voice to the rest of the world: "EXCUSE ME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THERE IS A PERSON HERE WHO APPEARS NOT TO KNOW WHO SHE IS!"

...and then Nosher will chuck you out!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 29, 2006
Concord wrote:
arniegang wrote:
MaaaD wrote:
arniegang wrote:

Knight

MaaD, Jimmy Haffa tried the same thing. They are still looking for him after 30 years!(last I've heard they are digging some horse farm....)

8) 8) 8) 8)

Hmmm...Liban's donkey, Maaad's bed...anyone got an axe?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Don Vito Knightioni
Dubai Knight

May 29, 2006
I am in the process of of forming a rival family, to keep the balance of power and put an end to DFM's secret rule over things here ... However our family is not Italian, we are from Saudia Arabia, and will blow your building if you mess with us. You guys are so last century with your italian mafiozo ways .. let the campaign of terror begin ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
MaaaD wrote:I am in the process of of forming a rival family, to keep the balance of power and put an end to DFM's secret rule over things here ... However our family is not Italian, we are from Saudia Arabia, and will blow your building if you mess with us. You guys are so last century with your italian mafiozo ways .. let the campaign of terror begin ..

Hmmm....so there is to be a Mafia war between the Italian and Saudi families...we shall have to gather the consigliori and head for the mattresses...I will rely on the 'Capo di Tutto Capi' to inform us of the strategy for handling this..

Now where did I leave my bullet proof vest?

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 29, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
MaaaD wrote:I am in the process of of forming a rival family, to keep the balance of power and put an end to DFM's secret rule over things here ... However our family is not Italian, we are from Saudia Arabia, and will blow your building if you mess with us. You guys are so last century with your italian mafiozo ways .. let the campaign of terror begin ..

Hmmm....so there is to be a Mafia war between the Italian and Saudi families...we shall have to gather the consigliori and head for the mattresses...I will rely on the 'Capo di Tutto Capi' to inform us of the strategy for handling this..

Now where did I leave my bullet proof vest?

8) 8) 8)

Knight

we dont use bullets DK, we use TNT
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
Hey made it in print, my first ever letter....

http://www.gulfnews.com/tabloid/Special ... 43316.html

Although they edited the post
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 29, 2006
fayz wrote:Hey made it in print, my first ever letter....

http://www.gulfnews.com/tabloid/Special ... 43316.html

Although they edited the post, I mentioned the Bar's name.

WOO HOO... Fayz in print... :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat