I Got Shocked By This News!!

Topic locked
I got shocked by this news!! May 28, 2006
Rape victim to receive Dh75,000
By Bassam Za'za', Staff Reporter

Dubai: A 14-year-old boy who was raped by a fast food delivery man is to be awarded Dh75,000 in compensation.

The incident happened when the boy's sister ordered a meal for her brother from a multinational fast food restaurant. Police heard the boy was raped in his backyard when the Egyptian delivery man realised he was on his own.

The Dubai Court of Cassation upheld an appeal court ruling and ordered the delivery man, E.R., and the multinational restaurant to jointly compensate the Asian schoolboy, M.K., in a sum of Dh75,000.

The criminal court had earlier sentenced the delivery man to three years in jail to be followed by deportation.

The boy's family lodged a civil lawsuit against the accused and the restaurant claiming Dh5 million for financial, medical and emotional damages.

In an earlier hearing, however, the Civil Court of First Instance rejected the case against the restaurant and ordered the rapist to pay Dh55,000 in compensation. However, the Court of Cassation confirmed the appeal ruling and considered the restaurant responsible for the rapist's behaviour.

geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

May 28, 2006
A pathetic result.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
GAB wrote:A pathetic result.

yes. it must hurt the little boy a lot.
I don't really understand how the F** delivery guy thought about.
:evil:
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

May 28, 2006
for sure no amount of money can compensate for the victim's pain and shame for being abused.
it it was by me i will shoot this mother F***er in the head for what he did.....noooooooo better to cut off all his skin and put salt on his body :evil: :evil: :evil:
3 y in jail is a joke! he got away to easy!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006

totally agree with u :evil:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
The restaurant is not responsible for its employees behaviour. The amount awarded is a slap in the face to the victim who will suffer emotionally and the amount won't cover even therapy. Three years jail is also shocking-hopefully when he is deported he will get his just desserts in his home country. All paedophiles should be named and shamed.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
geraintindxb wrote:

yes. it must hurt the little boy a lot.
I don't really understand how the F** delivery guy thought about.
:evil:

Reality its each persons morality bud
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2006
alexandra wrote:for sure no amount of money can compensate for the victim's pain and shame for being abused.
it it was by me i will shoot this mother F***er in the head for what he did.....noooooooo better to cut off all his skin and put salt on his body :evil: :evil: :evil:

cut off all his skin and put salt on his body :lol: that's a good idea!!
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

May 28, 2006
geraintindxb wrote:
alexandra wrote:for sure no amount of money can compensate for the victim's pain and shame for being abused.

Awww guys cannibalism
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2006
i know it is, at least he will feel some pain (not enough but he will feel some of the pain he caused).
i mean what kind of sicko bastard gets pleasure from abuseing a kid! :evil4: and the gov. will pay for his food and "acomodation" in a prison??? hell no, better cut his D*** of so that he wont do it again!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:
geraintindxb wrote:

Awww guys cannibalism

what cannibalism r u talking about?
did anyone say that will eat him? :shock:
:shock: :shock:
it's called torture ....cause this is what he deserves :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
alexandra wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:
geraintindxb wrote:

Awww guys cannibalism

what cannibalism r u talking about?
did anyone say that will eat him? :shock:
:shock: :shock:
it's called torture ....cause this is what he deserves :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

thats kinda jst like it!!!! -sigh- anyway God never 4gets & karma goes around & round!
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

May 28, 2006
well i believe in "eye to eye"
not saying that the boy should rape the rapist, but having a very hot sharp 20 inches steel bar in the rapist's a$$ on public would ease some of the pain. of course plus the money and i'm not talking about the lousy 75k
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

May 28, 2006
The judgments were handed by capable UAE courts after reviewing all evidence. None of us have reviewed this evidence or heard the defence or the prosecution but our emotions make us to side on the side of the boy who is the victim. And thus most of us have sounded punishments which sound horrible and painful. I am a muslim and if I was the deciding authority I would have awarded the punishment which is justified in this case. That would have not only punished the assailant but would have also left a mark for others who may even think of commiting anything like this. Punishments shold be to punish the criminal and act as a deterent so as to cleanse the society.
makhan
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 28, 2006
makhan wrote:The judgments were handed by capable UAE courts after reviewing all evidence. None of us have reviewed this evidence or heard the defence or the prosecution but our emotions make us to side on the side of the boy who is the victim. And thus most of us have sounded punishments which sound horrible and painful. I am a muslim and if I was the deciding authority I would have awarded the punishment which is justified in this case. That would have not only punished the assailant but would have also left a mark for others who may even think of commiting anything like this. Punishments shold be to punish the criminal and act as a deterent so as to cleanse the society.

i agree with u....we did not hear the defence or have seen the evidence that the prosecution had against him, but personally i can't help myself not to get emotional when i think of it!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
Moester wrote:well i believe in "eye to eye"
not saying that the boy should rape the rapist, but having a very hot sharp 20 inches steel bar in the rapist's a$$ on public would ease some of the pain. of course plus the money and i'm not talking about the lousy 75k

hehe, good one Moester!
the talion law is more efficient than the LAW nowadays... :evil:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
alexandra wrote:i know it is, at least he will feel some pain (not enough but he will feel some of the pain he caused).
i mean what kind of sicko bastard gets pleasure from abuseing a kid! :evil4: and the gov. will pay for his food and "acomodation" in a prison??? hell no, better cut his D*** of so that he wont do it again!

girl, u read my mind, salt and a knife. no wonder we r neighbors.
actually these r the reasons why death penalty should have never been abolished anywhere in the world.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 28, 2006
raidah wrote:actually these r the reasons why death penalty should have never been abolished anywhere in the world.

agreed
Moester
Dubai forums Addict

May 28, 2006
raidah wrote:
alexandra wrote:i know it is, at least he will feel some pain (not enough but he will feel some of the pain he caused).

girl, u read my mind, salt and a knife. no wonder we r neighbors.
actually these r the reasons why death penalty should have never been abolished anywhere in the world.

lol amiga, i wish him jailed in a romanian prison, i think u know why....poor his ass when the" room mates" will know why he was sentenced to jail. :twisted: he will become the dirty bitc# of all, now that will be fair for the jacka$$
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 28, 2006
makhan wrote:The judgments were handed by capable UAE courts after reviewing all evidence. None of us have reviewed this evidence or heard the defence or the prosecution but our emotions make us to side on the side of the boy who is the victim. And thus most of us have sounded punishments which sound horrible and painful. I am a muslim and if I was the deciding authority I would have awarded the punishment which is justified in this case. That would have not only punished the assailant but would have also left a mark for others who may even think of commiting anything like this. Punishments shold be to punish the criminal and act as a deterent so as to cleanse the society.

do you follow up with the UAE courts rulings ? I wouldnt really describe them as "capable".
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
Ok...its just and riteous for everyone to get up and make statements such as these and 'the punishment should fit the crime' however Makhan is right. We have no evidence about the case apart from the newspaper report.

There have been cases of false accusation of rape before now and the problem with such draconian punishements are there sort of 'finality'. You tattoo the word 'RAPIST' across a guys forehead or, as Alex would advocate...strip all his skin off and cover him in salt... and then, for whatever reason, you find out he was innocent...how can you 'undo' what you have done to an innocent man?

This is the reason so many are on death row in the US for so long...in case more evidence becomes available or until there is absolute proof that the person accused is the person guilty.

The death penalty has been proven to be a deterrant in some cases, but it has also proven to be flawed. No system is truly going to be perfect.

The courts, good or bad, are the law and the law is decided to protect the people. Let the judicial system be the judge and jury or would you like us all to get together for a lynching party?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 29, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Ok...its just and riteous for everyone to get up and make statements such as these and 'the punishment should fit the crime' however Makhan is right. We have no evidence about the case apart from the newspaper report.

There have been cases of false accusation of rape before now and the problem with such draconian punishements are there sort of 'finality'. You tattoo the word 'RAPIST' across a guys forehead or, as Alex would advocate...strip all his skin off and cover him in salt... and then, for whatever reason, you find out he was innocent...how can you 'undo' what you have done to an innocent man?

This is the reason so many are on death row in the US for so long...in case more evidence becomes available or until there is absolute proof that the person accused is the person guilty.

The death penalty has been proven to be a deterrant in some cases, but it has also proven to be flawed. No system is truly going to be perfect.

The courts, good or bad, are the law and the law is decided to protect the people. Let the judicial system be the judge and jury or would you like us all to get together for a lynching party?

Knight

just one little thing: there r medical ways to prouve that the boy was abused1 and also some DNA test, fingerprints etc could confirme his guilt!
and as u saied , no system is perfect as u saied: and the law system can be improuved as it is not perfect! :wink:
and i bet u wont be so cold about the topic if this kid would have been urs! u would feel better after the bastard will pay a ridiculous ammount of money after that???? i think u will be the first to join the lynching party u talk about!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 29, 2006
alexandra wrote:just one little thing: there r medical ways to prouve that the boy was abused1 and also some DNA test, fingerprints etc could confirme his guilt!
and as u saied , no system is perfect as u saied: and the law system can be improuved as it is not perfect! :wink:
and i bet u wont be so cold about the topic if this kid would have been urs! u would feel better after the bastard will pay a ridiculous ammount of money after that???? i think u will be the first to join the lynching party u talk about!

Don't get me wrong babe, if the guy is proven...without a shadow of a doubt by absolutely every possible means and completely cast iron evidence...then I am fully in agreement that the punishment is deserved. My kid, or anyones kid, it doesn't matter. If anyone did this, they deserve what is coming to them.

However I am only advocating that the institutional law of the land then is the final point of punishment. We may not agree with their decision...how many anti-death penalty supporters are there...but it is the reason why we have an ordered society and are not running around avoiding the witch hunts and lynching parties as we used to.

We cannot return to the dark ages. Civilisation has moved on.

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 29, 2006
agree DK with most of what u said. but, death penalty does not mean we would go back to the dark ages. i personaly think that if a sain grown up(because lots of them r sain, only plea for mental disturbance, etc.) is capable of raping a child - and it is proven that many of those children when they grow up will end up doing the same thing, for the simple reason that they could not handle the trauma they suffered - than he should be sentenced to death. a bullet in the head is by far not so painfull, humiliating or traumatising as being a victime of this kind.

on the other hand, if u put death penalty, smbody will have to do it and live with it. so i think this is what makes it really hard. why would a third person want to become a life-taker for the brutality of another?

i think the only good thing about not hanging these bastards is that a lot of research is being made on how the human brain works.
raidah

May 29, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
alexandra wrote:just one little thing: there r medical ways to prouve that the boy was abused1 and also some DNA test, fingerprints etc could confirme his guilt!

Don't get me wrong babe, if the guy is proven...without a shadow of a doubt by absolutely every possible means and completely cast iron evidence...then I am fully in agreement that the punishment is deserved. My kid, or anyones kid, it doesn't matter. If anyone did this, they deserve what is coming to them.

However I am only advocating that the institutional law of the land then is the final point of punishment. We may not agree with their decision...how many anti-death penalty supporters are there...but it is the reason why we have an ordered society and are not running around avoiding the witch hunts and lynching parties as we used to.

We cannot return to the dark ages. Civilisation has moved on.

Knight

i do agree with the principle that a man is inocent unless evidence acuse him!!!well if the court found him guilty i guess they had "cast iron evidence". the problem was that 3 y in jail and some money it's too little for what he did, ruin a kid's menthal health, tha shame and the humiliation, all hte pain he caused. and this kind of bastards wil never stop , once he will get out of jail he will go for another kid to rape.
:evil: :shock: :evil: !
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 29, 2006
on the other hand, if u put death penalty, smbody will have to do it and live with it. so i think this is what makes it really hard. why would a third person want to become a life-taker for the brutality of another?

i would gladly be the third person to punish this bastard, and even if blood makes me faint, i will cut his DI** in pieces without any regrets :evil:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 29, 2006
Moester wrote:well i believe in "eye to eye"

Its "An eye for an eye" :)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 29, 2006
The US has the death penalty and that doesn't do much to deter criminals there. People who kill and rape have mental problems, even if temporary. They are sick people who don't give a thought about whether or not they will be caught. They just seem to take the opportunities presented to them and then worry about getting caught after the fact.

The only real deterrent is to improve social conditions, reduce stress, and try to raise less aggressive children. In the case of pedophiles, they need psychological and chemical treatment and their families should make sure that they are not in contact with any children. I would find it odd if this guy's family didn't suspect that he was a pedophile based on behaviour in the past.

Not to blame the boy's family, but it wasn't wise to leave him home alone and send strangers by to deliver things. Accepting strangers into one's home is always risky and they put that child in a very bad position.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 29, 2006
alexandra wrote:on the other hand, if u put death penalty, smbody will have to do it and live with it. so i think this is what makes it really hard. why would a third person want to become a life-taker for the brutality of another?

i would gladly be the third person to punish this bastard, and even if blood makes me faint, i will cut his DI** in pieces without any regrets :evil:

hun, relax. unfortunately these fancy western men don t appreciate passionat third world women like us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

so put that knife back in ur pocket or chop up a banana to make ur anger go away. :lol:

hey, we should make a bran new forum: "to cut or not to cut" and see what our male friends here have to say about it ;)
raidah

May 29, 2006
alexandra wrote:on the other hand, if u put death penalty, smbody will have to do it and live with it. so i think this is what makes it really hard. why would a third person want to become a life-taker for the brutality of another?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bobbett!!!!

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat