HELP! SEARCHING FOR JOB IN UAE

Topic locked
HELP! SEARCHING FOR JOB IN UAE Oct 06, 2003
Hello,

Can anyone help me in getting a job in the UAE. I'm a Supply Chain professional in Pakistan, an MBA with over 15years experience.

Rizwan Riazuddin
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 07, 2003
Um...
Did you try finding one yourself?
Artisto
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 07, 2003
Hi Rizwan Riazuddin,
The first thing you can do to find a job in Dubai is to register with Dubai recruitment agencies. And if you are qualified the rest is easy.

Here is a page with a list of recruitment agencies you can try them:
http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=73
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Oct 08, 2003
Artisto wrote:Um...
Did you try finding one yourself?

Of course I did! I have contacted a number of Head hunters without any success (so far!). :cry:

Oct 08, 2003
Thanks,

I have tried Head hunters without success. They dont seem to respond to people outside of the UAE. I would be willing to risk a trip to Dubai if I had a few interviews lined-up. Anyways, I have absolute faith in God.

Thanks for your help. Some of the recruitment agencies were new to me and I will contact them.

Andyba wrote:Hi Rizwan Riazuddin,
The first thing you can do to find a job in Dubai is to register with Dubai recruitment agencies. And if you are qualified the rest is easy.

Here is a page with a list of recruitment agencies you can try them:
http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=73

Oct 08, 2003
Hi Rizwan,
Well, if you are outside of UAE it is a little bit tougher to get a job.
You can try contacting the companies that are hiring directly.
Many companies post their open positions in Gulf News.
But big companies usualy use recruitment agencies.

BTW why do you use guest account to write messages. Do you have any problems loging in?
Thanks.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Oct 08, 2003
Nope! no problems with logging in. I'm new to this and I'm learning my trial and error. Hope I'm doing OK so far!

So, as far as the job situation is concerned, its now up to lady luck to do her part. I've heard that employers aren't too keen on hiring Pakistanis. Is that true? and if it is then why? I think employers have started to generalise based on their bad experiences with a few Pakistans.

Hey, can one find a low cost apartment/guest house/other accomodation for a month in UAE. I am thinking perhaps I should come there for a while and do my hunting? Would you say that's a good idea? What would be the rent of such a place for one month (roughly)?

Andyba wrote:Hi Rizwan,
Well, if you are outside of UAE it is a little bit tougher to get a job.
You can try contacting the companies that are hiring directly.
Many companies post their open positions in Gulf News .
But big companies usualy use recruitment agencies.

BTW why do you use guest account to write messages. Do you have any problems loging in?
Thanks.
Rizwan Riazuddin
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 09, 2003
It depends what is cheap for you?
Actualy apartments are quite expensive here even when you make a 1 year contract. At least for me it seems expensive.
:?
A lot of people do share here because of this.
You can try finding some people that will agree to share with you for only one month.
It also depends what kind of apartmants are you looking for.
May be there are some "low cost" apartments but I would'n consider them as acceptable. :)
If you come in winter you can get a really cheap one without AC. ;)
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat