Relocation To Dubai

Topic locked
Relocation to Dubai Jan 14, 2005
Hey guys,
finally got the money to be able to relocate to Dubai :lol: . So the first thing to start with is definitelly the accommodation but I don't know where to start first. Where should I look and so. Could you please help me with any suggestions?
+ what about the visa (i know i have to have some kind of sponsor to get the visa, but I don't think it's a big problem); is tourist visa ok for the beginning and would I be able to be employed with the tourist visa, or does the company automatically arrange for the work visa....? As most of you (i assume so) had to go through this as well, you might give me some useful advice...
I basically want to pack my stuff and go (within 2-3 months), but it kinda scares me now... :?
Will be thankful for any advice

1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 15, 2005
u can come in with the tourist visa , then after u get a job - the company will arrange for ur employment visa BUT this may take a lot of time so they will ask u do extend ur visit /tourist visa which is vaild for 2 months from the date of entry and to one more month (excess of 500 Aed = 139$ ) then u have to get a NEW visit visa - this goes on till they (the co) finally get u an employment visa - remember - once u start working for them , they(the co )are suppose to pay for all ur visa expenses as per the rules, some ppl fool employees to pay off their own visa chrgs - make it clear that u know how things work or they might take u for a ride.
U need to get your medical done once down here ,, Once ur emplyment visa is ready you will have:
1- a medical card
2 a working permit - or labor card
always remember to carry these cards with u

never take anybodys word for anything - if it isnt on ur contract (official labor contract) fat chance of u getting it.

Make sure as an expat u get a paid annual vacation with a paid tkt to ur home base.
these are the things i can think of from the top of my head ,, will post more if somthing hits me ...
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 15, 2005
DAMN ALVII i think u covered up everything mmmm wonderin wat ur real job is..... :wink:

LUNATIC
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 16, 2005
Thanks a lot Alvii...any recommendation regarding the accommodation? Is there anything where I can find ads like flatmate wanted or so...?
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2005
try classifieds sections of newspapers like gulfnews.com online and others.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Jan 17, 2005
i personaly find most on a wall in supermarkets such as spinnies << cant spell it.

i would check there.
FAKESPIKE

Jan 17, 2005
Hmm, but if I wanna find the place prior to my arrival, I can hardly go to the supermarket in Dubai, can't I:)
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2005
snap :cry: fake why tryna act funny all the time my son eazy dawag juss chill this time its serious

LUNATIC
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 17, 2005
Hey Ish, so u call yrself a pimp now....ok lol... hope you've got some of the pimp juice as well :lol:
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2005
acting funny? this was one of the rare times a wasnt. that is generaly where i turn to when looking for this sort of stuff. besides i thought she lived in sharjah or something. i didnt think she was out the country.
FAKESPIKE

Jan 18, 2005
actually a pimp is always pimed-out & a playa is played-out, so i guess am lunatic thas it but if worse comes to worse then am all + bieng a Don hahahhahahah & fake wat made u think she live in shj. & i wonder wat r tha rare moments that makes u act funny :roll:

LUNATIC
ISH

PS. i got it all baby (pimp juice, pimp cup etc...) :wink:
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 18, 2005
hmm wondering what pimp cup means....kinda scared to even think abt it, lol

Fake, I appreciate yr help anyway, Ish was just trying to get some attention from me, lol :lol:
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 18, 2005
yeah Fake
means Sharjah....

Accomadation: U can find urself a cheap hotel which will cost u around 150aed per day=$40.but being from eastern Europe u have to be real careful coz some ppl just sterotype eastern europeans (actually europeans on the whole ) to be sluts or whores...
once u are in the country there are furnished apartments available for aed 2,000.00 = $544.96 per month - this is studio flats...rents in this place is pretty high at the moment (dunno if it will ever come down) sharing accomadation is available too but u will have to "look" for that.I dunno how much that cost..sowwy :oops:
Sometimes companies provide accomadation or pay for it ,,, hope u get a deal like that otherwise most of ur paycheck will end up paying the rent.
also keep in mind "Travel" ....to and from work ,,, all this can make or break ur savings...good luck....
All this is just from the top of my head ,,, i intend to write in detail later ,, with all the right facts and figures.
Alvii
Dubai Forums Talker

Jan 18, 2005
NO COMMENTS :lol:

lunatic
ish
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 18, 2005
Hmm, always knew that I was bad in geography but as far as I know, Czech rep. is in the Central Europe :? ....just kidding, thanks for your advices. I definitelly wanna go for the sharing accommodation as it makes everything much easier and cheaper as well. Just working on it together with my contact in Dubai:)
I know what u mean about the whores, when I was in Dubai last year, they even scanned my eyes at the airport cause I looked suspicious to them or what, lol...And they didnt know where I was coming from....and I definitelly don't get paid for s.e.x. :evil: :lol:
Ciao

Ish, don't be scared man, u can handle it 8)
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 18, 2005
YEA moral support from my blondies residing overseas word up yea yea 8)

lunatic
ish
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 19, 2005
whatever you say love :lol:
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2005
so when are you coming to see ISH ?
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Jan 19, 2005
Soon :lol:
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 20, 2005
mmm... cant wait hahahahahahhaha

LUNATIC
ISH
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 20, 2005
I know, u tell me that every day :roll:
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 20, 2005
lol snap.
u getting too exicted ish dont wet ur pants
FAKESPIKE

Jan 20, 2005
hater hahahhaha dont get it twisted hahahahaaa

LUNATic
ISH :P
ISH
Dubai chat master

Jan 21, 2005
be sure to post your photo and flight details on the forum so you save the taxi costs and get "picked up" at the airport ;)

:lol:

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Jan 21, 2005
I think I can take care of myself, don't worry. Or was it an official offer? :lol:
The cab drivers will fight to get me in their cars, hehehe 8)
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2005
1Annie1,

Ok, I have just done this, so here we go. (sorry, but have just logged on for the first time in about 2 weeks)

Before you leave wherever, please make sure that any Education documents you have have been legally Attested (means that they are a true authentic document) lawyer or so will be good for this. The reason being is that there are too many fakes coming in from the Sub-Continent!

Would be a good idea to at least try and line up some interviews and things before you arrive. Contact some agencies etc before you plan to leave.

Upon arrival, you will get a 60 day Visa. This can be extended for dhs.500 for one more month.

Flats and the rent in Dubai is on the increase. One bed place can set you back anywhere between dhs.40 - 55K per year. And thats just around average facilities. Most of these places will NOT be furnished. A serviced apartment will set you baxck around dhs.4.5-5.5K per month.

The Supermarket Spinneys is a good place to look, cos thats where i found mine! Good suggestion there Fakespike :lol:

I have found a Villa to share, which is a lot cheaper and if you can find one furnished, then all the better. If you want to live outside of Dubai, Sharjar is the place to be. It's cheaper for renting, but a hell of a shit journey everyday!

There is just so much work here for all types of trades! I mean that. Ish, being a pimp, will probs know about the sex trade and the fact that it's booming. But just work in general is massive.

Hope this helps. Go to www.gulfnews.com and check out some of the Classifieds!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 21, 2005
Thanks for the info. Am not worried about the work as much as about the accommodation. But as soon as I'm there I can find anything that suits me, right
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2005
Of cos u can, but just make sure that you have all of your documents legalised and everything is in order. It can take months otherwise, like it has taken me, so i speak from experience.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 21, 2005
point taken, thanks
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2005
anything for a non-flabby ass! hahahahahahahaha
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum