May 20, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:wait, wait ... number

14. tourists don't want to meet michael jackson in the ladies bathrooms

i obviously have to much time on my hands this afternoon ... :lol:

Honey, none of us want to meet Michael Jackson period!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 20, 2006
Concord wrote:15. Strollers (or "pushchairs"). You think drivers are reckless: these mothers are worse. They think just because they have a kid in one of those annoying things everyone should move out of the way (specially annoying are the doublewide ones). Well, I don't get out of the way (I have just as much right to be there - unless you politely ask).

We are trained in just hitting peoples ankles in that little tender spot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 20, 2006
17. people who stand next to you in a queue, and the who surreptitiously proceed to push in front of you - refer as well to point number 9

:twisted:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
Whilst applying Lippy and Mascara

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 20, 2006
S.e.x.ist!! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 20, 2006
"Honey, none of us want to meet Michael Jackson period!! "

i love you all, i love you all - damn it's hot here, my face seems to be melting ...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
better watch your ankles arnie :o
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
GAB wrote:S.e.x.ist!! :shock:

Yup

:D :D :D :D
arniegang

May 20, 2006
And proud of it!! :lol:

Dbxsoul you are on a roll today-haven't laughed so much in ages!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 20, 2006
18. People that wait a long time at the cash register and wait for all their merchandize to be scanned before they "realize" that they need to pull either money or their credit card out of their wallet/purse or the crack of their ass to pay for it. Although I started this bit with the "garbage out of the car" stuff this #18 is absolute my biggest pet peeve (many, many times I have commented to people who do exactly that: "wow, isn't it amazing how one has to pay after all the stuff is scanned, eh?" most of them are too imbecilic to get it anyway!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2006
hi concord, sorry i seem to have hijacked your thread..

number 18 is a definite peeve!

what about .... supermarket cashiers with little or no tact who call out at the tops of thier voices... "price check for a box of 24 super delux, ribbed and flavoured condoms" .... "no not the big ones.... the small ones!"

:oops: :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
Sorry dbxsoul but I think Woody Allen already thought of that one!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2006
damn, here i thought i was being original only to find out i'm a plagiarist!
Anyone believe in collective unconsciousness?
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:damn, here i thought i was being original only to find out i'm a plagiarist!
Anyone believe in collective unconsciousness?

Why?? Is that another of your pet peeves?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 20, 2006
the plagiarsit or the unconciousness?

the first definitly, the second ... well i think unconcious probably applies to to about 90% of the drivers in dubai... so i would have to go with that as well :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
dbxsoul wrote: well i think unconcious probably applies to about 90% of the drivers in dubai

No - you've got it wrong - they aren't unconcious - they've just got busy lifes and have far more important things to think about than other road users!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 20, 2006
You are in the queue at BurgerDonald McChunders and there is a menu up above the serving area that is easy to read and the guy in front has had 10 minutes to decide on what he wants...and then he gets to cashier and says "Er...I think I'll have...er, no wait! maybe I'll have...er... :evil:

I had some policeman in Sharjah the other day boop me with his siren and tell me off for throwing a cigarette butt out of the car window! Told me it could be Dhs. 500 fine! Ten seconds later, the guy in the car in front throws a blue polythene bag full of empty drinks cartons and sandwich wrappers out of his window! Does the policeman have a go at him? No! He's in a Mercedes with a 3 number plate from Sharjah!!! Not only that, the spot where we were was in the industrial zone and the sides of the road are littered with crap!

Grrrrr!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 20, 2006
Double Standards - a few of the peeves could be rolled up into this one category!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 20, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:I had some policeman in Sharjah the other day boop me with his siren and tell me off for throwing a cigarette butt out of the car window! Told me it could be Dhs. 500 fine! Ten seconds later, the guy in the car in front throws a blue polythene bag full of empty drinks cartons and sandwich wrappers out of his window! Does the policeman have a go at him? No! He's in a Mercedes with a 3 number plate from Sharjah!!! Not only that, the spot where we were was in the industrial zone and the sides of the road are littered with crap!

I hope you aren't looking to justify your dispicable actions DK?? I mean, littering is one thing, but smoking??? Disgusting!

:shock: :shock: :shock:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 20, 2006
haha

serves you right DK for crossing over to the "dark side" aka the sharjah border
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
the_zooter wrote:
dbxsoul wrote: well i think unconcious probably applies to about 90% of the drivers in dubai

No - you've got it wrong - they aren't unconcious - they've just got busy lifes and have far more important things to think about than other road users!

hahahaha - point taken

mmmmm like clipping the hair on thier toes while driving with thier feet on the dash
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:mmmmm like clipping the hair on thier toes while driving with thier feet on the dash

Eeewwww - I hope you just made that up!!!
Otherwise thats going top of my "pet peeve list" !!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 20, 2006
:lol: well the hair bit yes, but the driving with the feet up i've seen a number of times - amazing what you can do when you have cruise control... but oddly enough this does seem to affect reaction time when you need to use the brakes ... :shock:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
dbxsoul wrote::lol: well the hair bit yes, but the driving with the feet up i've seen a number of times - amazing what you can do when you have cruise control... but oddly enough this does seem to affect reaction time when you need to use the brakes ... :shock:

I've seen people drive like that in the US. Its quite an art actually, and requires lots of practice - especially if you drive a manual like I do!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 20, 2006
mmmmm .... i think it qualifies a peeve. prehaps we should collate the peeve list? or should we head for a "top 25" ....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 20, 2006
Dbx,

By my count we are "officially" up to 18
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 20, 2006
Taxis that smell like you've stepped into the armpit of Hell... (and yes I know these poor buggas have to work 16 hour days, so with full apologies for me being such a cruel, heartless, unfeeling git).

But I find it so difficult holding my breath for a full ten minutes. The latest barmy idea is to maybe put perfume dispensers inside cabs... so then they will smell like the armpit of Hell with a sickly sweet stink thrown in on top for good measure! Loverly!
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 20, 2006
Can I add to the taxi driver one?? Taxi's that don't smell and have drivers that know where they are going!
Or is that really asking too much?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 20, 2006
I dunno, some people are so demanding... :D
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 20, 2006
GoodBai wrote:I dunno, some people are so demanding... :D

Ok then - well taxi's should be forced, by law, to either have sweet smelling drivers, or drivers who know their way everywhere - as a minimum!! Obviously having both would be a bonus, but may cost like an extra 5 dirhams or something!!
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat