Jail And Fines For Squabbling 'lovers'

Topic locked
Jail and fines for squabbling 'lovers' May 15, 2006
As mentioned in the Gulf News today:

A man and a woman who physically assaulted each other will spend a month in jail and will jointly pay a total of Dh11,200 in fines, a court has ruled.

The man, identified as M.M., was dating the woman J.M. who was married to another man. J.M. has been secretly seeing M.M. behind her husband's back; they even went to a vacation together, according to M.M.'s testimony.

One day the "couple" had a small argument that developed to loud shouting and ended with them beating each other up.

The Abu Dhabi criminal court sentenced M.M. and J.M. to a month in jail and a Dh100 each for beating each other up. The court also accused M.M. of urging J.M. to have an illicit affair and ordered him to pay a Dh1,000 fine. The court also accused them of indecently gesturing in public and sentenced them to pay a Dh5,000 each.

J.M. appealed, she said she was wrongly accused with indecently gesturing in public. The Federal Supreme Court turned down J.M.'s appeal and upheld the ruling.

:roll:

What do you think of this rule?

Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 15, 2006
I think the whole thing is hilarious.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Jail and fines for squabbling 'lovers' May 15, 2006
Mel Marie wrote:What do you think of this rule?

Quite reasonable :? . I heard about a couple that got caught "frolicking" outside somewhere and were given the choice of 6 months in jail or get married.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 15, 2006
Quite reasonable . I heard about a couple that got caught "frolicking" outside somewhere and were given the choice of 6 months in jail or get married.

OMG ! that so reminds me of the guy who tried to have sex with a goat and they made him marry it !!
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1741292.html?menu=

but 'bout the rule , i think it's going too far , the guy needs an ass whupping for cheating on his wife , fine .. but isn't that too much money already.. ?? :?
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Jail and fines for squabbling 'lovers' May 15, 2006
Mel Marie wrote:As mentioned in the Gulf News today:

A man and a woman who physically assaulted each other will spend a month in jail and will jointly pay a total of Dh11,200 in fines, a court has ruled.

Should be a worldwide rule - except the man should get a year in jail to allow the woman to move out. Unless proven (burden of proof on husband) that she was winning the fight. Not the verbal fight as the wife always wins!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 16, 2006
6 months in prison or the rest of your life married ...... hmmmm thats actually more difficult than it sounds! lol
ajb
Dubai chat master

May 16, 2006
ajb wrote:6 months in prison or the rest of your life married ...... hmmmm thats actually more difficult than it sounds! lol

I'll take the prison sentence!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 16, 2006
Actually they both needed better lawyers as the argument to the Judge should have been that there should be no jail time at all at least as to one of them (the one with the better lawyer) and should have been released on "time already served" (i.e. as long as the marriage).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 16, 2006
PARANOID wrote:
Quite reasonable . I heard about a couple that got caught "frolicking" outside somewhere and were given the choice of 6 months in jail or get married.

OMG ! that so reminds me of the guy who tried to have fun with a goat and they made him marry it !!

but 'bout the rule , i think it's going too far , the guy needs an a#s whupping for cheating on his wife , fine .. but isn't that too much money already.. ?? :?

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool :lol: :lol:

lmao :lol:
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 16, 2006
PARANOID wrote:

OMG ! that so reminds me of the guy who tried to have fun with a goat and they made him marry it !!

but 'bout the rule , i think it's going too far , the guy needs an a#s whupping for cheating on his wife , fine .. but isn't that too much money already.. ?? :?

now thats just sick eeeeeeewwwwwwww :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 16, 2006
fyi: i don't know if you subconciously thought that it MUST be the man cheating on his wife, but the article mentioned that the woman was married and cheating on her husband.

freudian slip? or are we just conditioned to always blame the men
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 16, 2006
J.M. has been secretly seeing M.M. behind her husband's back

sheesh !that little bit kinda slipped i guess .

(or maybe .. :twisted:)

nah but really , i thought it was the guy cheating on his wife with a single woman .
PARANOID
Dubai forums Addict

May 16, 2006
terranova wrote:freudian slip? or are we just conditioned to always blame the men

Maybe the wife caught him wearing her freudian slip?

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 18, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
terranova wrote:freudian slip? or are we just conditioned to always blame the men

Maybe the wife caught him wearing her freudian slip?

Knight

Now that was funny DK!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 18, 2006
I have moments...not many of them, but they are there!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat