Urgent - Can Anyone Confirm Or Deny This ?

Topic locked
May 14, 2006
Hi Fayz,

This is a great link, however we have no idea of Snipers real name. The page only shows the current days obits but there is a search function. Hashman said he passed away on the 28th. April.

With a proper name I might be able to track something down.

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 14, 2006
Yeah I know, without name it is difficult but we do have age, date of possible passing, and potential cause of, it is a start.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 14, 2006
Thanks Fayz

I have searched through all the obits using the name i have and i can confirm it definately isnt in the T.Star

Could it be in another Toronto daily ? any links would be useful
arniegang

May 14, 2006
Ok peeps in aid to help, all i know is his real name is Daniel

Carry on searching plz
arniegang

May 14, 2006
I tried to use a process of elimination also as most of the listings are for older people. Any that did not give an age but also had information such as 'loving husband' or 'survived by spouse' were eliminated also. There was nothing that remotely resembled Snipes profile.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
I searched on all Daniels ( fore and surname) from last august - nothing even remotely close.

All you CDN's, some more totonto local paper links would be brill please.

If i find out this is a sick joke i am not going to be a happy bunny.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
Are we sure he was from Toronto...or are we barking up the wrong Douglas Fir?

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
I believe he did mention he was from Toronto but a search on the forum did not prove that so i'm not 100% sure.

other links
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/obituaries
http://www.memorialsonline.com/newspape ... t_alph.asp

I'll definitely be angry if this is a joke but would prefer that than the other :(
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 14, 2006
here is the last Toronto daily, none of the ads appear to be him.

http://www.9472000.com/torontosun/home. ... _to=B-1010
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 14, 2006
Thanks for those links Fayz - nothing showing up on searches there either.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
this thread made me think about how twisted faith can be sometimes, joining the forum and reading each others topics almost every day feels like u get to know them so good, u might anticipate the answers, the reaction of a provocative post, u get to know the thinking, philosophy etc of some virtual friends and u dont even know the real name, their face. now when i descovered that real non virtual friendship can develop even after a small time spent online...
damn if this is a joke i will support the ones who will take attitude against the one who is responsable! :evil:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
Very true alex

Even some of us who havent actually met, can still know each other well. Even through message boards, it still is a community of sorts and we have our ups and downs, but thats true in real life also.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
salam daddy ,

its sad about sniper .

1= I think admin can track his IP and provide us some info

2= One of the guy " spotted in my " hi 5 " Dani (might be daniel ....)

http://www.hi5.com/friend/profile/displ ... d=28055355

Dani

Sex/Status Male/Single
Height 196 cm
Hair / Eyes Light Brown / Hazel
Looking To Just look around
Birthday April 4
Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hometown Dubai, Toronto
Workplaces Dubai Internet City

( might be he is sniper, you can send message to his friends and ask if anyone know )

3= His first post at dubai forum .

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:57 am Post subject: GEOMATICS INTERN FROM CANADA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am third year student studying Geomatics Engineering in Canada. I am ready to work in Summer in Dubai in field of Geomatics (GIS, GPS, Surveying etc). Please let me know if jobs are available by mailing here shanzz@gmail.com

( http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... ight=#7473 )
please dont read the reply of Liban .....might be anyone can spot any uni ?

regards /
HP
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

May 14, 2006
A thought,

I am not familiar with how Canada is subdivided (politically) but I imagine that there is an official database/website (provincial, state, etc.) on which "Death Certificates" are filed. If someone knows his real name and the province, county, state whatever then you could go into that site and check for death certificates- perhaps just with Daniel it can be ascertained. I don't know about canadian laws about that stuff either but it may worth a shot.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
thanks HP brill

Keep searching will ya buddy - anything will help to try and track him down, if anyone can get details of his Uni, i would ring them.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
Concord wrote:A thought,

I am not familiar with how Canada is subdivided (politically) but I imagine that there is an official database/website (provincial, state, etc.) on which "Death Certificates" are filed. If someone knows his real name and the province, county, state whatever then you could go into that site and check for death certificates- perhaps just with Daniel it can be ascertained. I don't know about canadian laws about that stuff either but it may worth a shot.

Nice one Conc

Over to you CDN's to let us know how we can find this out. Lets assume he is in Toronto. Ont.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
Thanks for that information HP, I think this is the same guy.

I checked with another ex forum member from Canada but unfortunately no additional information.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

May 14, 2006
I agree Fayz the profile HP found on Hi5 is Sniper. I have registered and mailed all his 20 registered friends. Lets hope we can find more out.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
uhhhhhhh my eyes r almost out of my head :shock: , i searched for links and from the small infos we have i could not find anything.
we r in the dark i think! :?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
All done i have contacted everyone of the 20 friends in his profile.

Hi

i am a moderator at dubaiforums.com and we have heard that this friend of ours has passed away through Cancer.

His nickname was sniper420 and all we know was his name was Daniel (23) and he was at Uni in Toronto studying Geometrics.

Could you please let us know if this is true.

This is no form of hoax, we are genuinely concerned to establish if this is true or not.

kind regards

paul
arniegang

May 14, 2006
Yeah, that's Snipes. Same gmail account I have for him. Those helping with the search, goodluck!

Guys, I know if this turned out to be a hoax there will be hell to pay but look at the bigger picture that it is, then he's ok (fingers crossed) and its brought out the true spirit of people on this forum.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
Another thought,

From Arnie's post it may be worth looking up University/college news in the Toronto Area. If someone knows the names of these then there may be some information - a student's death (if so) often will make the school paper specially around graduation - late April/Mid May.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
Cool

Conc we need the CDN's here to help us out, as long as they post the info i will mail or do the phone calls.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
Concord wrote:Another thought,

From Arnie's post it may be worth looking up University/college news in the Toronto Area. If someone knows the names of these then there may be some information - a student's death (if so) often will make the school paper specially around graduation - late April/Mid May.

Will they have had time to post anything like this? The date given was the 28th, which is nearly 3 weeks ago. They may not have published yet, but getting hold of the editorial staff might be an answer.

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
Arnie, I just pmed you with info about a Daniel M. at the university of Toronto (Grad Student Mathematics) the info has a telephone number which for obvious reasons sent on the pm (site actually)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
Fantastic Detective Conc

I will ring the said Uni tom and see what i can find out.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
I don't know whether this has occured to anyone else at all. But if this is true, then perhaps all this would have been the very last thing he would have wanted. When someone suffers from cancer they tend to think of themselves as the "cancer patient" and others think of them as the "cancer patient". They can get overwhelmed in a world of treatment and wringing of hands. Sometimes it is the most theraputic and refreshing thing for them to leave this behind and just be treated by everyone else as an ordinary person and not as the patient. And, in this case, just as any other member of the forum... someone who posts, has a laugh, gets involved in rows and, most of all, joins the banter with everyone else without the sad and sympathetic looks from others.

Hence, the last thing they maybe would want to do on here is be treated as the cancer patient by telling everyone about their predicament. Perhaps the whole thing has been kept quiet because that was the way they wanted it to be. And maybe that should be respected now, and just let it go.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to people who are genuinely worried and shocked over someone they have come into contact with on this forum but maybe it does need to be looked at from another perspective.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 14, 2006
Fair point Goodbai, like people in wheelchairs hate being treated as complete idiots...its the body thats broken, not the brain.

Well, when we find out the real score, I think we will probably all reflect long and hard about how we treat other people, even ones that we know purely in a virtual reality.

Fingers crossed that Arnie can get a good response and we are all just the victims of a twisted hoax.

Those here who pray, now might be a good time!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
totally agree with your sentiments GB, but we need to establish if this this a hoax. When we know for definate, then we as a Forum will decide between us all.
arniegang

May 14, 2006
Surely no-one would stoop so low.
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat