Local Women Rules? Wow

Topic locked
Local women rules? wow May 13, 2006
Hey,

I hear that over here there are certain rules about dating local girls. A friend at work told me that they are out of bounds for us expats.

Is there even a point to try to go out with them or is it something that would eventually lead nowhere.

I guess what I am asking is if anyone here has or is dating a local girl?

Sam_Dubai
Dubai Forum Guest

May 13, 2006
Just a simple word or warning: DON'T!

Most local ladies in Dubai are very nice and some are extremely good looking, however they tend not to mix in the same social environment as the expat community. They are protected by their families until marriage and the requirement to be seen as good girls. I believe the UAE Federal Law actually forbids a local woman to marry a non Emirati man...but I may stand corrected on that by people who know more.

There are lots of other nationalities here.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 13, 2006
This is disappointing to hear, because I have come to know this local girl and we have become friends since. However, I have not taken it to the next level because of this reason, even though I’m Muslim.
Sam_Dubai
Dubai Forum Guest

May 13, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Just a simple word or warning: DON'T!

Most local ladies in Dubai are very nice and some are extremely good looking, however they tend not to mix in the same social environment as the expat community. They are protected by their families until marriage and the requirement to be seen as good girls. I believe the UAE Federal Law actually forbids a local woman to marry a non Emirati man...but I may stand corrected on that by people who know more.

Knight

DK i just wanna know something: is the same law also for local men? i mean the men r allowed to marry non emirati women (sorry for my ignorance 'though i got so curiouse) :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
alexandra wrote:

Knight

DK i just wanna know something: is the same law also for local men? i mean the men r allowed to marry non emirati women (sorry for my ignorance 'though i got so curiouse) :roll:

Apparently not Alex, I believe that Emirati men are free to marry who they like. I have a close local friend who is marrying a Swedish girl very shortly, who has converted to Islam, and she will be his third wife. Another friend is married to a very nice French lady who is still a christian and this is perfectly acceptable here.

I know it may seem unfair, but these seem to be the rules!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere that if an Emirati girl marries a non-emirati man, then she automatically loses her nationality status and passport - well, at least thats what I think I read?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 14, 2006
the_zooter wrote:Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere that if an Emirati girl marries a non-emirati man, then she automatically loses her nationality status and passport - well, at least thats what I think I read?

I think the man has to be or become Muslim. And children do not have UAE nationality. There was something in the news a few days ago about a group of Emirati women (married to non-Emirati men) petitioning the authorities about this issue.

It's not very common here though. And once you've been here a few days or so you'll realise that your original question just sounds strange.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 14, 2006
sharewadi wrote:
the_zooter wrote:Now I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere that if an Emirati girl marries a non-emirati man, then she automatically loses her nationality status and passport - well, at least thats what I think I read?

I think the man has to be or become Muslim. And children do not have UAE nationality. There was something in the news a few days ago about a group of Emirati women (married to non-Emirati men) petitioning the authorities about this issue.

It's not very common here though. And once you've been here a few days or so you'll realise that your original question just sounds strange.

from my small knowledge about islam i think that for a muslim woman is not acceptable to marry a non muslim or even one who becomes one...if i am wrong pls correct me!
and about the love relationship between emirati women and foreign men i read a lot of stories in the internet, most of them end up pretty bad. i was talking to a man who was working in dubai, muslim also and who fel in love with a local woman. they had a relationship that lasted almost 3 y(hiding from all ppl) and when her father found out he forced her to marry an old local men. her father also made a lot of problems for my friend, u can't imagine!
so my advice Sam: better keep urself safe from a local angry father when he finds out that u messed with the "chastity" of his daughter :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
alexandra wrote:

Knight

Apparently not Alex, I believe that Emirati men are free to marry who they like. I have a close local friend who is marrying a Swedish girl very shortly, who has converted to Islam, and she will be his third wife. Another friend is married to a very nice French lady who is still a christian and this is perfectly acceptable here.

I know it may seem unfair, but these seem to be the rules!
it seems unfair if u think from the western point of view, but if we take in concideration the traditions and religious values than for them it must be something normal...i guess.
and about the marriage between non muslim woman and muslim man, i believe i read that it is allowed in islam, the wife has the right to keep her religion if she so she desires and the husband has no right to object, only that the kids will be muslims and must be raised following islam rules and values!
i wonder what determined that swedish girl to embrace islam...being raised with a western/european ideas, and to accept to be the 3rd wife???? :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
it seems unfair if u think from the western point of view, but if we take in concideration the traditions and religious values than for them it must be something normal...i guess.
and about the marriage between non muslim woman and muslim man, i believe i read that it is allowed in islam, the wife has the right to keep her religion if she so she desires and the husband has no right to object, only that the kids will be muslims and must be raised following islam rules and values!
i wonder what determined that swedish girl to embrace islam...being raised with a western/european ideas, and to accept to be the 3rd wife???? :shock:
thanks DK for reply!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
lol, i pretty much messed up the quote, lol my mouse went crazy!
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
A Muslim woman can only marry a non-Muslim if he converts prior to their marriage.

I think for a Muslim man, the woman would have to also convert but can do so after marriage. Their children though are to be raised as Muslim.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 14, 2006
I happen to know that the relationship was based on love as they are mad about each other. Her decision to convert to Islam was made out of deference to him and his family and she has accepted all of the cultural aspects including wearing a sheyla but not neccessarily an abaya.

Apparently she also gets on very well with the other wives as they are educated and internationally travelled.

I wish them luck and a long long life.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
[This is a joke that my Arab friend emailed me :)]

WHITE WOMEN:
>First date: You get to kiss her goodnight.
>Second date: You get to grope all over and make out a bit.
>Third date: You get to have sex but only in the missionary position.

IRISH WOMEN:
>First Date: You both get blind drunk and have sex.
>Second Date: You both get blind drunk and have sex.
>20th Anniversary: You both get blind drunk and have sex.

ITALIAN WOMEN:
>First Date: You take her to a play and an expensive restaurant.
>Second Date: You meet her parents and her Mom makes spaghetti & meatballs.
>Third Date: You have sex, she wants to marry you & insists on a 3-carat ring.
>5th Anniversary: You already have 5 kids together & hate the thought of having sex.
>6th Anniversary: You find yourself a Mistress.

JEWISH WOMEN:
>First Date: You get terrific head.
>Second Date: You get even more great head.
>Third Date: You tell her you'll marry her and never get head again

CHINESE WOMEN:
>First date: You get to buy her an expensive dinner but nothing happens.
>Second date: You buy her an even more expensive dinner. Nothing happens again.
>Third date: You don't even get to the third date and you've already realized nothing is ever going to happen.

INDIAN WOMEN:
>First date: Meet her parents.
>Second date: Set the date of the wedding.
>Third date: Wedding night.

BLACK WOMEN:
>First Date: You get to buy her a real expensive dinner.
>Second Date: You get to buy her and her girlfriends a real expensive dinner.
>Third Date: You get to pay her rent.
>Tenth Date: She's pregnant by someone other than you.

MEXICAN WOMEN:
>First Date: You buy her an expensive dinner, get drunk on Tequila, and have sex in the back of her car.
>Second Date: She's pregnant.
>Third Date: She moves in. One week later, her mother, father, his girlfriend, her two sisters, her brother, all of their kids, her grandma, her father's girlfriend's mother, her two cousins, her sister's boyfriend and his three kids move in and you live on rice and beans for the rest of your life in your home that used to be nice, but now looks like a home along the Tijuana strip.

ARAB WOMEN:
>First Date: Mother, Father, Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Friends and entire Arab community finds out.
>Second Date: You are shot dead.
>No third date.
Dubai Forums Member

May 14, 2006
Now let that be a lesson to us all!!!

Excellent post!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:I happen to know that the relationship was based on love as they are mad about each other. Her decision to convert to Islam was made out of deference to him and his family and she has accepted all of the cultural aspects including wearing a sheyla but not neccessarily an abaya.

Apparently she also gets on very well with the other wives as they are educated and internationally travelled.

Knight

Well Dk just for fun i ask now....he internationally travels with all wifes in the same time> they all live togedher in the same home? what about the S#X part? what if all 3 would wanna have it in the same night? :shock: what then? 1 h with 1st, 1 with the 2nd, 1 with the 3rd? man...i think it's too complicated. most of women r crazy when it comes to share the man they madly love! (here i would be blamed perhaps for my mentality, but i wont stand the thought of being 2nd, 3rd or 4th....!)
but like u saied, wish them long life! :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Now let that be a lesson to us all!!!

Excellent post!

Knight
i totally agree, great post! :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
alexandra wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:I happen to know that the relationship was based on love as they are mad about each other. Her decision to convert to Islam was made out of deference to him and his family and she has accepted all of the cultural aspects including wearing a sheyla but not neccessarily an abaya.

Knight

Well Dk just for fun i ask now....he internationally travels with all wifes in the same time> they all live togedher in the same home? what about the S#X part? what if all 3 would wanna have it in the same night? :shock: what then? 1 h with 1st, 1 with the 2nd, 1 with the 3rd? man...i think it's too complicated. most of women r crazy when it comes to share the man they madly love! (here i would be blamed perhaps for my mentality, but i wont stand the thought of being 2nd, 3rd or 4th....!)
but like u saied, wish them long life! :wink:

They go away together with all the kids like a giant entourage! Apparently it can be great fun like a giant family picnic...with lots of Lois Vuitton suitcases! They all live together in a large villa but each wife has her own private room. I assume he sleeps where he likes, but knowing women, he probably spends a lot of time sleeping on the sofa for committing some minor misdemeanour like not noticing a new pair of shoes or hairstyle!

As for the s.e.x thing...I warned him that marrying a girl this age could be hazardous to the health...his reply was "If she dies...she dies!" :wink: He is a very er...adept at handling all his er...responsibilities! I shall say no more! Mind you he has been walking funny recently!

From a guys point of view, the idea of having 3 women nagging you in the home all day long appeals like having needles stuck in my eyeballs...but there are advantages at night! I think being 2nd or 3rd is part of the things she is willing to tolerate and sacrifice. She obviously has come to terms with it. As long as he is fair to them and treats them well, then maybe it is all one big happy family...It is an alien concept to me too I am afraid! I know girls who are quite content to be the mistress to a married man as they get a lot of the advantages without the responsibilities or ties and the married man is often very greatful!

Lumea e un loc foarte ciudat! Nu incerca sa fii a treia sa a patra nevasta a cuiva...!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
lolllll DK, man! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i noticed that latin is ur thing also, but i did not know that u Flirt with romanian language( even though has the roots in latin). Multi talented DK...i must say that u got me impressed... :shock: :P
p.s nu accept sa fiu nici macar a 2-a! imi place sa am exclusivitate!
si ai dreptate, lumea e un loc ciudat! :wink:
one more thing: how u know romanian? or who helped u to translate it? just dieing to know
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
3 wives?! :shock: That's just too weird to get my head around!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 14, 2006
alexandra wrote:lolllll DK, man! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i noticed that latin is ur thing also, but i did not know that u Flirt with romanian language( even though has the roots in latin). Multi talented DK...i must say that u got me impressed... :shock: :P
one more thing: how u know romanian? or who helped u to translate it? just dieing to know

You are right sweetie, I am a man of MANY talents...some of which will remain hidden! A man of mystery must have his secrets! 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:3 wives?! :shock: That's just too weird to get my head around!

Throws me a wobbler as well!! Just think of the nagging!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
alexandra wrote:lolllll DK, man! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: i noticed that latin is ur thing also, but i did not know that u Flirt with romanian language( even though has the roots in latin). Multi talented DK...i must say that u got me impressed... :shock: :P

You are right sweetie, I am a man of MANY talents...some of which will remain hidden! A man of mystery must have his secrets! 8)

Knight
Dk u got me so intrigued to descover ur million talents that i might ask for NSA to help me decode ur crypted secrets :wink: :wink: :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
Being a Jedi, I am able to baffle mere agents with my Jedi Mind Tricks...(that and a 64 bit encryption code!)

I am a very hard nut to crack, so you will need a good big pair of nutcrackers! :wink:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Being a Jedi, I am able to baffle mere agents with my Jedi Mind Tricks...(that and a 64 bit encryption code!)

I am a very hard nut to crack, so you will need a good big pair of nutcrackers! :wink:

Knight

lollll :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: DK hard nut to crack, don't u know by now that what is forbiden, hidden, or hard to get that is the most wanted ???? i will get the proper equipment in order to descover what u hide,although i never thought of myself as a nut cracker . very hard is not impossible, and in any case imposible does not exist, just takes more time and patience :wink: :twisted:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
It would depend on whether the wives do "sloppy seconds" on not i suppose.

arniegang

May 14, 2006
Ah but Alex, I am exceptional!

In order to crack the nut, one has to want to get to the fruit inside...in my case, more of a 'fruitcake' (ask Arnie! :shock: ) and the nut has to yeild a little to the pressure of a fine pair of nutcrackers. The question is: Are you suitably equipped?

The other, and far more practical consideration is: You really have to be cracking in Dubai!

As I said earlier, Lumea e un loc foarte ciudat!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
arniegang wrote:It would depend on whether the wives do "sloppy seconds" on not i suppose.

:shock: :!: :!:

I shouldn't have read that while drinking my coffee. My kybrd is nt wrkng prply nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 14, 2006
sharewadi wrote:
arniegang wrote:It would depend on whether the wives do "sloppy seconds" on not i suppose.

:shock: :!: :!:

I shouldn't have read that while drinking my coffee. My kybrd is nt wrkng prply nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Not you as well!? Arnie has that problem with his Mocha!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 14, 2006
i do DK

Its always the same i got me mug in hand, log in, read someat that makes me laugh and splatter my lappy screen with Mocha.

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

May 14, 2006
My firmament is abound with joy to hear that you find our drivellings and rantings in accord with your morning humour!

I shall make it a point to post a special 'Arnie Mocha Splash' first thing!

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance