What Da Hell?

Topic locked
what da hell? May 05, 2006
i posted a message but now it's not there why?

it was "sydney way better than dubai". what was wrong with my message?

so what do u think guyz? dubai or sydney? Me 100% sydney

alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

May 05, 2006
Snore zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :wink:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

May 05, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Snore zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

May 06, 2006
ummmm sydney!
guyfromsydney
Dubai Forum User

May 09, 2006
i think there is a daily flight to sydney.
yshimy

May 09, 2006
Nice city. Shite crime rate.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
i am in nz and want to move to dubai, but ppl keep on telling me that syd is way better than dubai. i have been in sydney once it's very beautiful and clean. but the lifestyle there is really busy and sydney is bit too expensive. so any ideas?
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

May 09, 2006
alina_4u wrote:i am in nz and want to move to dubai, but ppl keep on telling me that syd is way better than dubai. i have been in sydney once it's very beautiful and clean. but the lifestyle there is really busy and sydney is bit too expensive. so any ideas?

from what i know dubai is pretty expensive also but i think that if u have the change u should try it! u will find all kind of infos arround here.
just a q i wanna ask u: Alina is ur real name?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 09, 2006
alina_4u wrote:i am in nz and want to move to dubai, but ppl keep on telling me that syd is way better than dubai. i have been in sydney once it's very beautiful and clean. but the lifestyle there is really busy and sydney is bit too expensive. so any ideas?

I've never heard the words beautiful and clean being used to describe Sydney, Melbourne I can accept but Sydney? I liken Sydney to being in South East Asia except all the shops (excluding 24hrs Coles) shut at 5/5:30pm.

You'll find cost of living in Dubai is comparable to Sydney - except for parking, cause Sydney is rediculously expensive to park anywhere in or around the CBD.

Even with the extreme heat here, I'd pick Dubai over Sydney any given day of the week/month/year.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2006
alexandra
yes alina is my real name but y r u asking?
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

May 12, 2006
XRW-147
have u ever been to sydney? no? then shut up.. if you don't think sydney is one of the most beautiful country in the world then u haven't seen the world properly. anywayz u live in dubai?

one more thing if u r in dubai and haven't seen or been to sydney then u r just jealous coz u see not everyone gets the chance to go to sydney.
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

May 12, 2006
alina_4u wrote:alexandra
yes alina is my real name but y r u asking?

just i was intrigued a bit, ALina is a very common name in my country...u have romanian roots?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: what da hell? May 12, 2006
alina_4u wrote:i posted a message but now it's not there why?

It`s an absurd to make such a comparison between Dubai & Sydney, these are not only countries on different continents, these are 2 different worlds. What`s your intention to ask this question? If your choice is Sydney, buy a ticket to that direction. Good luck.
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: what da hell? May 13, 2006
alina_4u wrote:i posted a message but now it's not there why?

Well, as an Australian, I would say stick to Sydney, because with your level of education, you have no chance making it in Dubai.

Of course, you could be asking this question because your parents are tossing up one or the other. In which case, Dubai, I feel the cost of living here is much lower than Sydney with the exception of rent and internet (rent is about the same as inner-city Sydney and internet is slightly more expensive). Otherwise everything else is cheaper and you're not paying income tax + gst on your earnings.

However, that's just the economic side of things. If I had to pick the most beautiful spot to live in the world, it would be Surfers Paradise.
^ian^

May 14, 2006
have u ever been to sydney? no? then shut up.. if you don't think sydney is one of the most beautiful country in the world then u haven't seen the world properly.

Alina - sydney is not a country, it's a city - and it's not even the capital of Australia.

Ian you are so biased, but I'll have to agree that the Gold Coast is beautiful.

Alina - different cities offer different things depending on your skills. i.e. if you are waitress you'd be better off in Sydney as you get award wages, if you are a professional - then dubai could be better
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 14, 2006
alina_4u wrote:XRW-147
have u ever been to sydney? no? then shut up.. if you don't think sydney is one of the most beautiful country in the world then u haven't seen the world properly. anywayz u live in dubai?

one more thing if u r in dubai and haven't seen or been to sydney then u r just jealous coz u see not everyone gets the chance to go to sydney.

Alina,

I'm skip and my first guess is that you haven't actually travelled outside of your country - Sydney ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: what da hell? May 14, 2006
^ian^ wrote:(rent is about the same as inner-city Sydney and internet is slightly more expensive). Otherwise everything else is cheaper and you're not paying income tax + gst on your earnings.

That's a slight understatement mate... 64mb connection here is still more expensive than a 2g connection back home - even with bigpond.

And what do you mean by paying GST on your earnings?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

XRW-147 wrote:
^ian^ wrote:(rent is about the same as inner-city Sydney and internet is slightly more expensive). Otherwise everything else is cheaper and you're not paying income tax + gst on your earnings.

That's a slight understatement mate... 64mb connection here is still more expensive than a 2g connection back home - even with bigpond.

And what do you mean by paying GST on your earnings?

Well, I didn't mean it was more expensive to the point of affecting of cost of living. As with income, I meant when you go to spend it you pay GST. True you only pay it on what you spend, and as far as cost of living, this directly impacts it.

Thanks for pointing out the inaccuracies though ;-)
^ian^

^ian^ wrote:Well, I didn't mean it was more expensive to the point of affecting of cost of living. As with income, I meant when you go to spend it you pay GST. True you only pay it on what you spend, and as far as cost of living, this directly impacts it.

Thanks for pointing out the inaccuracies though ;-)

No worries mate. But best stick to relative ways of comparing otherwise people might get confused :)

True point on GST, however, you get done by duty on goods here, hence your supermarket bill is pretty comparable, if not more. That said, duty is flat rate here compared to variable back home so you're better off with 'luxury' items here. This like petrol not having the same bs excises = hands down winner here.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 15, 2006
whoever reminded me that sydeny is a city not a country...... thanks and sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i am just a human being and make mistakes.. by the way i know sydney is in australia i am not dumb.
alina_4u
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat