It's Always About Money

Topic locked
It's always about money May 12, 2006
For decades (i.e. since childhood) I have been convinced that it is always about money. I mean everything and no one will convince me otherwise. And it does not mean greed. It simply means everything always comes down to money. Others have given me unconvincing examples.

I dare anyone to give me an example of anything having nothing to do with money! Willing to bet the farm...

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2006
You feather. Are you that fvcking stupid?

How about this one? Took 30 seconds to find it.

Man Dies Trying To Rescue Kids Whose Paddleboat Overturned

POSTED: 7:43 am EST March 27, 2006

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- A man died Sunday while trying to rescue four children whose paddleboat overturned in a lake at a condominium complex.

Witnesses said Michael Sanchez swam out to save the children when he stopped in the water and complained of a cramp.

"He couldn't move and some other people jumped in after him and tried to get him, but they couldn't go that far," Anthony Oquendo said.

Homestead police said Sanchez, 33, died at the hospital.

Several other witnesses were able to rescue the children, who ranged in age from 10 to 15.

Police said they did not live in the complex, but were there for a barbecue when they took the boat out without telling an adult.

Many things do come down to money, but not everything. If you dont already know this, you are either very young or very dull and shallow.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 12, 2006
Non material things are not possible to value from material positions, they has no money equivalent. I`ve remembered now the article about scientists tryed to explore a prayer with some special medical equipment. Their research has no a subject. To explore the activity of the brain while a prayer is not to explore a prayer: it`s a converstaion to God.
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 12, 2006
Zapata wrote:You feather. Are you that fvcking stupid?

How about this one? Took 30 seconds to find it.

Man Dies Trying To Rescue Kids Whose Paddleboat Overturned

POSTED: 7:43 am EST March 27, 2006

HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- A man died Sunday while trying to rescue four children whose paddleboat overturned in a lake at a condominium complex.

Witnesses said Michael Sanchez swam out to save the children when he stopped in the water and complained of a cramp.

"He couldn't move and some other people jumped in after him and tried to get him, but they couldn't go that far," Anthony Oquendo said.

Homestead police said Sanchez, 33, died at the hospital.

Several other witnesses were able to rescue the children, who ranged in age from 10 to 15.

Police said they did not live in the complex, but were there for a barbecue when they took the boat out without telling an adult.

Many things do come down to money, but not everything. If you dont already know this, you are either very young or very dull and shallow.

there is a good point there and i do agree that a human life is more important and precious than money, but if we get a practical view concord has a point also cause it's saied that money makes the world go round! the one who will say that money has no meaning for him it's a hypocrit or has so much of it than he is fed up :shock:
in my opinion the purpose of money is to achive a better life standard, to bring material comfort! yes, money can't buy happiness or love, or health but it does complete and sponsor the happyness, the love and the health!
p.s Zapata, u seem to have a great affection for the fvck word, but i think that concord would have got ur point without the attachement of the stupid word.
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: It's always about money May 12, 2006
Concord wrote:For decades (i.e. since childhood) I have been convinced that it is always about money.

How can you possibly say such a thing?! It's not all about money! In fact, it is all about the amount of money! :D

Now seriously speaking, indeed, money can't buy everything. However, it does certainly help bring and / or keep many important things related to life. I'm just realistic here...
ShamanWhisper

May 12, 2006
Just maybe there would have been a trained lifeguard at the lake (costs money); perhaps mr. Sanchez would not have had to swin if he had his own boat with or without a motor (costs money); maybe Mr. Sanchez could have simply thrown some life jackets instead (cost money); maybe Mr. Sanchez could have called the fire department/police/or ambulance and they would have been there in seconds and rescue the kids (but in many communities there is a limited supply of rescue personnel - guess why? it costs money); and oh maybe Mr. Sanchez did not have a mobile to call rescuers (costs money) or a coin to put in the telephone! The fact that Mr. Sanchez was a hero does not mean that money did not play a role!

The problem is that people always react to my point, some quite sophomoric (as Mr. Z here) and jump to the conclusion that money means greed and it is the most important thing in life. Think about it
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2006
By the way "Zapata" with money to afford a computer you would not be able to spout your imbecillic babble!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2006
Concord, I think Zap has gone off on a moggie hunt... and it cost him a fair bit for the airgun!
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 12, 2006
Concord wrote:Just maybe there would have been a trained lifeguard at the lake (costs money); perhaps mr. Sanchez would not have had to swin if he had his own boat with or without a motor (costs money); maybe Mr. Sanchez could have simply thrown some life jackets instead (cost money); maybe Mr. Sanchez could have called the fire department/police/or ambulance and they would have been there in seconds and rescue the kids (but in many communities there is a limited supply of rescue personnel - guess why? it costs money); and oh maybe Mr. Sanchez did not have a mobile to call rescuers (costs money) or a coin to put in the telephone! The fact that Mr. Sanchez was a hero does not mean that money did not play a role!

The problem is that people always react to my point, some quite sophomoric (as Mr. Z here) and jump to the conclusion that money means greed and it is the most important thing in life. Think about it

good point there concord! and also great reply to Zapata for the fvkin stupid -as he called u! nice to know that i am not the only one keeps silent when an insult comes up! :twisted:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 12, 2006
The guy that tried to save those kids was a complete stranger.

There are countless examples of people doing things for no monetary gain.

You think it all comes down to money because that is the truth for YOU.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 12, 2006
"Zapata", sad to say but I supect you don't even know who the real "Zapata" was.

FYI,

Zapata "Born August 8, 1879, in Anenecuilco, Morelos. Was a mediero (sharecropper) and horse trainer. Conscripted into the army for seven years attaining the rank of sergeant. As president of the village council, he campaigned for the restoration of village lands confiscated by hacendados. His slogan was "Tierra y Libertad." Zapata sided with Madero.

Between 1910 and 1919, Zapata continued his fight for land and liberty, rebelling against anyone who interfered with his Plan of Ayala which called for the seizure of all foreign owned land, all land taken from villages, confiscation of one-third of all land held by "friendly" hacendados and full confiscation of land owned by persons opposed to the Plan of Ayala.

On April 10, 1919, Zapata was tricked into a meeting with one of Carranza's generals who wanted to "switch sides." The meeting was a trap, and Zapata was killed as he arrived at the meeting".

Surprise, surprise "land grab" and the like translate to money whatever the amount. And too such extent that he was killed for it.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2006
I reckon Viva Zapata must have grossed a fair bit at the movies... and shoved a big wad into Marlon Brando's bank account to boot :D
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 12, 2006
Precisely, did Hollywood want to tell a story about a Mexican revolucionary/peasant simply to inform the world. Not! As I say at the beginning its always about money.

Next argument.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2006
Concord, why have you edited your original post to remove the line about love, health etc.?

It`s a stupid talk but OKay, my argument is happiness. It don`t come down to money.
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 13, 2006
Ya, Concord. Why DID you edit your original post? Likely because it sucked.

You make no sense. Youre one of these people who cant make a sensible point and grasps at straws all over the place when someone doesnt agree with your view. What does "Zapata" have to do with any of this?

Even if we entertain your little tangent, as you pointed out, Zapata fought and died for the rights of Mexican peasants. He was hardly all about money. More like all about justice.

You would be wise not to lecture ME about Mexican history and politics amigo. Any schmuck can cut and paste shite from Wikipedia or wherever you got that.

Seguro se yo mucho mas que tu sobre Mexico guey. Contestame en espanol. Si no, callate la boca baboso. A huevo.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 13, 2006
OK calm down or i will split and transfer to FC

Less of the personals please.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 13, 2006
Really? Wow, wont take long for me to get banned I suspect.

What happens when that Choco chic sees my "Cats are vermin" thread? Hehe.

Just having a bit of fun with Concord mate. No hard feelings. It's just the fvcking internet.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 13, 2006
Concord, why have you edited your original post to remove the line about love, health etc.?

I tell you why: simply becuase invariably those are the first examples of why it it not always about money - love, health, happyness. I think even those are untenable arguments.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 13, 2006
Concord wrote:Concord, why have you edited your original post to remove the line about love, health etc.?

I tell you why: simply becuase invariably those are the first examples of why it it not always about money - love, health, happyness. I think even those are untenable arguments.

Any sober minded person willnot reject the nessecity of money for all the variety of purposes. I know you wasn`t intended to discuss that money can provide the one with nonmaterial goods as love, happiness etc. But your statement sounds a bit snobbish, that`s it. There are plenty of examples when powerful lead spartan life, when poor scientics & artists enrich all the humanity with thier achievements etc. Often it`s a question of money until it`s a question of consumption. Money is only a mean but there are also ppl who make money their priority, more valuable than even a human life. Everybody has this knowledge about money power, & so it is a sore spot. I can understand an agression Zapata splash out here.
Douce`Amere
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 13, 2006
Naw, my aggression is just boredom.

However, it may be true that the way people see the world has more to do with who they are than what the world is.

Concord may think money makes the world go round because he is most concerned with money.

If you think the world is selfish and cruel for example, its possible you think that way because you know your own heart and how black it is.

I know there are sweet people in the world because I am sweet. If I can be sweet, so can others.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 13, 2006
Zapata wrote:Naw, my aggression is just boredom.

However, it may be true that the way people see the world has more to do with who they are than what the world is.

Concord may think money makes the world go round because he is most concerned with money.

If you think the world is selfish and cruel for example, its possible you think that way because you know your own heart and how black it is.

I know there are sweet people in the world because I am sweet. If I can be sweet, so can others.

Sweet like a chilli?

Anyway, I actually agree though, not everything comes down to money.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
Seguro se yo mucho mas que tu sobre Mexico guey. Contestame en espanol. Si no, callate la boca baboso. A huevo.
por lo visto tienes muy poca verguenza Zapata! mejor para todos :callate tu la boca y no mas con los insultos... :twisted:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
English Forum?

No habla Espanol!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 13, 2006
I think the general jist is - what a moron!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
alexandra wrote:Seguro se yo mucho mas que tu sobre Mexico guey. Contestame en espanol. Si no, callate la boca baboso. A huevo.
por lo visto tienes muy poca verguenza Zapata! mejor para todos :callate tu la boca y no mas con los insultos... :twisted:

"seems like u have no shame, zapata! it will be better for all of us if u will shut ur mouth and stop with the insults ____this was my reply
and he wrote: "for sure i know more than u about Mexico. reply to me in spanish and if u can't than shut ur mouth morron...
sorry guys, back to english.
:wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat