Cats Are Vermin

Topic locked
Cats are vermin May 11, 2006
Too many of them in the Gulf. Fvcking shoot em. Leave some for rat control but the rest should be done away with. You people adopting dirty animals off the street are fvcked in the head.

Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 11, 2006
where is choco's granny when you need her. :P :P :P
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 11, 2006
Your loss Zapata. We adopted a stray cat and he's the star of our household. He's fun, affectionate and smart.

I feel sorry for people who don't realise the importance of companion animals in the home. They are good for peoples' health and cats and dogs need to live in homes.

Cats and dogs are not suited to outdoor life without humans to look after them. Unfortunately, idiotic humans who do not spay and neuter their companion animals are the reason why we have so many strays in this world. It is the humans who caused that problem, so don't take it out on the animals. We humans are the ones who are supposed to fix this problem - which is not to rob the animals of their lives because that would be "easier".
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 11, 2006
She'll have a field day with this.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
:lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
kanelli wrote:Your loss Zapata. We adopted a stray cat and he's the star of our household. He's fun, affectionate and smart.

K, I'll agree with that and he's got a killer instinct for wriggling toes too ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Me no likey kittys :lol:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

May 11, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:Me no likey kittys :lol:

That's what my husband said, and now you should see him with our kitty! He absolutely loves him - is always cuddling and playing with him.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 11, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
kanelli wrote:Your loss Zapata. We adopted a stray cat and he's the star of our household. He's fun, affectionate and smart.

K, I'll agree with that and he's got a killer instinct for wriggling toes too ;)

Most definitely - that is what I woke up to this morning at about 5:30. (His new playtime apparently :lol: )
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Cats are vermin May 11, 2006
Zapata wrote:Too many of them in the Gulf. Fvcking shoot em. Leave some for rat control but the rest should be done away with. You people adopting dirty animals off the street are fvcked in the head.

dude
...why don't i chase you down with a airgun...what have you got against cats?...
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 11, 2006
OMG wait till Chocs reads this

eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk run to the hills

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 11, 2006
BAH!

Cats are selfish little motherfvckers.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 11, 2006
Zapata wrote:BAH!

Cats are selfish little motherfvckers.

You have obviously had a bad experience with cats in the past...can I politely suggest that you go and play in the lions den at Dubai Zoo? This might cure you of your phobia and us of your nihilistic, monosyllabic drivel!

I am a dog lover, but cats are animals and all living creatures deserve our care and respect...except you!

:evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 11, 2006
Youre right. A cat must have broke my heart.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 12, 2006
zapata
beauty off!!!..... :lol: :lol:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 12, 2006
r u a fan of rats or one of them if u dislike cats so much! i have a cat and she will love to chase u arround :lol: ohhh man! like the guys saied previousely: when choco steps in u will feel so sorry to go against her avatar, so run!!! Meawwwwwww . oops i think i did not scare u! and if i did meaaaaawwwwwwww lol lol lol :lol:
p.s i have a cat feeling :twisted: that this will be moved to fight club when miss dubai forum shows up :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 12, 2006
Me no likey kittys Laughing

Hehe, me likey likey yours.

What's funny is when I throw my garbage out at night in the bin and the cats jump out like a bat out of hell! Hahaha! Jesus, like six of them come springing out all at once in different directions. One little pest last night jumped out upside down with his back paws straight up in the air. He was doin cartwheels in the air man.

Haha! It's like right out of a cartoon.
Zapata
Dubai Forums Member

May 13, 2006
All I can say is that I feel sorry for a pathetic individual like yourself who obviously hasn't had the chance to reap the benefits of having pets at home. Cats are one of the most loving, caring kind of animals there are. They are certainly not selfish and give lots of love and affection to their owners.

K, is right in saying that it's irresponsible 'people' that are the cause of their being so many strays. If you have a cat and don't intend to use it for breeding, unless it's a pedigree, then they should be spayed or neutered (that's taking away their ability to breed for an uneducated mornon like you!)

How about I bring my air pistol round, shoot you in the backside and leave you injured on the street.

You sad pathetic loser. I hope in your next life you come back as a rat and cat eats you! People like YOU are vermin and should be exterminated!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Well, sorry to say I am not to fond of cats either. All domesticated animals should be registered with the Municipality and secondly, I agree all cats, unless used for breeding should be spade/ neutered. Cats also should have a curfew so they cannot hunt wildlife(this is a massive problem in Australia and the size of feral cats is scary!! and when the rangers catch them and you know what the contents of its stomach contains it is disheartening-the distruction of indigeneous species is alarming). BTW wearing a bell doesn't work (it is a known fact-wearing two bells is better though-cats are excellent hunters). I don't think people really realise what their cat is doing-I hate to think how much wildlife is being destroyed here.Having said that there are many responsible cat owners who "fix" their cats and keep them in at night, however cats still hunt during the day-any environmentalist will admit it is a huge problem.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
GAB, Australia is a slightly different story as you guys have a big problem with species that were brought in by various settlers over the years, cats, foxes, rabbits etc and they are slowly destroying your indigenous species. But with the feral cats if they were neutured then they wouldn't be able to breed and expand the population. In Dubai if you see a street cat who's ear has been tipped, i.e. the tip has been cut off, then that cat has been neutered by the municipality, which is a very responsible thing to do.

It is totally unacceptable to keep unneutered animals, like the local I met in a supemarket who asked for advice on cat food, he had 24 cats! When I asked why he didn't spay them, he said because he couldn't hurt them. For all his good intentions in taking care of the animals, he's irresponsible by having so many and allowing them to breed so much. A female cat cat produced a litter of upto 8 kittens every few months.

My cat has a bell on his collar and he's mostly too fat and lazy to hunt anything apart from lizards, he just stares at the birds and wishes.

Also you have to bear in mind that the number of domesticated cats in one area is a factor. A cat will have a roaming territory of about 5 square miles and will cover much of it in a night pretty easily. Obviously if you have lots of cats in a close proximity the problem is compounded.

But still people deliberately hurting cats, by shooting them with air pistols, torturing them, domesticated or wild is unaccectable.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Cats hunt to feed themselves, so if your cat is well-fed, it won't be killing off all the local wildlife.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 13, 2006
Like I said I am not fond of them-after having our neighbours cat in Australia kill on average 1-2 birds a day for sport/fun (and I can tell you it is no fun picking up the lifeless mangled bodies of lorikeets, baby kookaburras and rosellas) I can tell you a bell does not work-this cat was a born hunter. You cannot tell me the UAE does not have a problem-I am sure local fauna is being destroyed by strays and by pets, coupled with the fact that construction and and ever increasing city would be destroying the habitat of many animals. Small animals like snakes (and I am not a huge fan), lizards and types of native rodents are preyed upon by domestic cats and strays. Just because nobody has yet done a study to determine the impact on the population doesn't mean there isn't a problem.However I would never do anything to anyone elses pet or any animal for that matter-it is just sick. Quite frankly the original post by Rambo is just immature although it has generated some good discussion.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
kanelli wrote:Cats hunt to feed themselves, so if your cat is well-fed, it won't be killing off all the local wildlife.

You'd think but cats don't only hunt for food-it is instinct.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
Here is one page that tries to dispell some of the myths about feral cats.

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/default ... &idL2=1310
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 13, 2006
Don't some people eat cats?

Could that not solve the problems?

:)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 13, 2006
shafique wrote:Don't some people eat cats?

Could that not solve the problems?

:)

Yes the evil Chinese do, but don't get me started on that!

Bad Shaf!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
Shaf

I have to say that was a very brave comment you made there. Your life is in danger, watch your back and duck.

(K and Chocs have a catmobile similar to the batmobile the only difference is that it has 3 cannons that fires "furballs", so watch yer ass on the SZR)

arniegang

May 13, 2006
oh hahaha! Arnie, very funny!

Actually it spits at you as well.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 13, 2006
arniegang

May 13, 2006
I reckon if Chocs gets her hands on Zapata he may well get some first-hand experience of neutering :D !
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat