Accident At Dubai Marina Yesterday!

Topic locked
Accident at Dubai Marina Yesterday! May 10, 2006
It was horrible! Thank God their were no deaths in it.

Check out the pictures.

Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
yeah, got this in my e-mail box yesterday when it happened.

btw, why did u change ur avatar?
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
IMJ wrote:yeah, got this in my e-mail box yesterday when it happened.

It happened yesterday at mid noon.

Yea i changed my avatar :p i'm still testing :p
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie wrote:

no, girl, it happened at arounf 0730 in the morning.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
I used to live 3 seconds from the place of this accident. I used to take this road that runs parralel to SZR every single day to get into Dubai.

That road is insane. People drive on it going 140kph + and there is not a single radar nor any speed bumps....

That traffic light doesn't even work. Used to and then stopped working. Workers probably broke the circuit - morons!

It was bound to happen. I am happy I do not reside there anymore or that could well have been me.... :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
IMJ wrote:
Mel Marie wrote:

Really! i dunno, i was told so.
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
I'm sure the victims are really happy that people were snapping pics of them. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 10, 2006
Mel Marie wrote:
IMJ wrote:
Mel Marie wrote:

Really! i dunno, i was told so.

yeah, I got it early in the morning from my friend, i e-mailed that to all ppl i know who go to Jeb Ali, and my previous manager was saying, he was lucky he had to drop his kid at school and did not happen to be ont hat road
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
OH MY GOD, thats horrible, I havnt seen somthing like that before. thank god no one died.
kilani
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
Wow,

I live in the building directly in front of where the accident happened! Didn't see a thing as I left the buidling at 7:00 a.m. But true, the light had not been working (it works today!) and in fact just this past weekend there was another accident (taxi meets sedan, nothing in comparison).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
Publishing these pictures here is just as sick as taking them in my opinion.

I feel so much dísgust about such people.
Probably the person who took the pictures even hindered the rescue units, while they were doing their job.

How can someone actually walk to a car, with injured people in it just to take photos? It's simply disgusting...

:evil:
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2006
bschmidt wrote:Publishing these pictures here is just as sick as taking them in my opinion.

Probably the person who took the pictures even hindered the rescue units, while they were doing their job.

How can someone actually walk to a car, with injured people in it just to take photos? It's simply disgusting...

Well , i dissagree with u my friend, i totally agree with posting these pics , so ppl would be more carefull while driving, plus to let ppl live how painfull it is to be in such an accident so that they'll think 100 times before stepping on the gas paddle !
kilani
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
So, the fact that there wasn't a traffic light means that it was completely the drivers' faults?

Well Kilani, how would you like to see pictures on the internet of your loved ones who are bloody and mutilated or dead? Would you like people crowding around the scene and taking pics with their cell phones to send to all their friends? This is what is happening in Dubai especially, and it is disgusting.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 10, 2006
Shit

Like Concord i live in the next appt block down. Those traffic lights have not worked for 2 weeks.

I have to say i can see those lights from my balcony, and on an evening i watched people going throught them at speeds approaching 70kph.

It is all about inconsiderate driving, if people have not got the common sense to slow down and proceed with caution then i have very little sympathy for the obvious consequenses.

To this end i have to disagree with K and BSH. If more of these pictures were published it may help people to stop and think.

In addition i also am of the opinion that taking these pictures is no different to reporting news whenever a tradgedy occurs, whether it be a plane crash, tsnuami or fire etc.

Concord, changing the subject, have they sorted your rooftop pool yet?
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 10, 2006
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

May 10, 2006
bschmidt wrote:Publishing these pictures here is just as sick as taking them in my opinion.

Let me clear something up for you..

Who took these pictures was someone who works for Emaar Properties. It was part of their job to take such pictures.

Plus, those people were getting their proper treatment, they wasn't left & someone was just snapping their pictures up!
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
kilani wrote:

Well , i dissagree with u my friend, i totally agree with posting these pics , so ppl would be more carefull while driving, plus to let ppl live how painfull it is to be in such an accident so that they'll think 100 times before stepping on the gas paddle !

well worded my friend.
Mel Marie
Dubai Forums Member

May 11, 2006
Mel Marie wrote:

Let me clear something up for you..

Who took these pictures was someone who works for Emaar Properties. It was part of their job to take such pictures.

Plus, those people were getting their proper treatment, they wasn't left & someone was just snapping their pictures up!

And was it also their job to get these pictures of injured humans published on the internet???
I would really like to hear your opinion on this, if it is YOU or some close relative of yours, whose face is distributed on the internet like this.

Sorry... this makes me just angry, and there is no reason to show such pictures. NOTHING is going to change in the attitude of people because these pictures are shown.

The people shown on these disgusting pictures and their families have personal rights, and I doubt that the photographer asked them, if they want their pictures published.
bschmidt
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 11, 2006
BSCH

Your logic does not concur. If what you say was taken across the board, then any tradgedy would be reported without pictures. Next time you see the news, email the TV station to complain that the dead people on your TV screen have relatives.

:roll: :roll:
arniegang

May 11, 2006
arniegang wrote:Shit

Concord, changing the subject, have they sorted your rooftop pool yet?

The saga continues. Someone (or perhaps more than one person) has been conducting a Hillarious "campaign" of posting questions to management by way of fliers in the elevators and hallways pointing out how ridiculous the situation is. About 2 weeks ago they filled out the pool but then emptied it 2 days later. The explanation you mentioned before made perfect sense (problems with the leakage). But just today management distributed a flier informing residents that as of 25 May the pool will be open with a lifeguard to "comply with municipality rules". I don't believe a bit of it specially since after all the complaints from the residents "management" never made mention of any municipality rules which should had been the obviouls and only response, if true. When I first looked at the place the "municipality" angle was simply said as a passing remark.

So the bottom line is that the pool will supposedly be open on 25 May with a lifeguard! Come on, the pool and deck are barely big enough for a few people and now they'll accomodate a lifeguard. A new industry, I suppose, and another "reason" to justify exorbinant rents! Thanks for asking.

Regarding the pictures of the accident, I agree with you perhaps if more of those imbecils see pictures of what can happen (and should happen) for not paying attention while driving then they'll think about it (or get off the road - one way or another!)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
bschmidt wrote:
Mel Marie wrote:
bschmidt wrote:
Sorry... this makes me just angry, and there is no reason to show such pictures. NOTHING is going to change in the attitude of people because these pictures are shown.

While it may not change some attitudes certainly the pictures won't cause anyone to go out and drive recklessly. Think obout it for a second (as long as it problably was needed to avoid the accident in the first place)
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
concord

Sooooooooo funny, your instincts are correct. The municipality thing has been resolved. Your man comapny are talking bollox.

Emaar concluded in discussion with DM that in order to get around their interpretation, all they had to do was post a sign stating "this is a Private Pool". There is no requirements under the current legislation therefore to provide "lifeguards".

They probably need another 2 weeks to fix the problems down below, and when they filled it, they found more leaks, which is why they drained it again.
arniegang

May 11, 2006
1000% right. My suggestion when they first told me it was to prevent any drowings of kids - on private roof top pool no less - was simple: Drown the parents as well for being stupid and irresponsible.

They think they are dealing with morons (but then again, maybe we are as I would guess no one is asking for rent reductions or price reductions but people will begin to think in those terms once the temps rise).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat